With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Preview of Otomedia Plus Spring 2019 issue w/ Adventure 20th Interview & Info

Preview of Otomedia Plus Spring 2019 issue w/ Adventure 20th Interview & Info

Been awhile since one of these came up...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Spring 2019 issue of Otomedia Plus has a Digimon Adventure 20th Anniversary film spread.

The issue (also branded as the May issue) is out April 10th.

The spread includes the artwork we've seen of the characters, along with an interview with Supervisor (& original Adventure producer) Hiromi Seki and Producer Yosuke Kinoshita.

At the moment we just have a teaser image that Otomedia put out, but hopefully good quality images show up so we can see if anything new is in the text.

Update- Various tweaks to the translated details thanks to onkei. The image is still small, so various details aren't fully readable yet.

The red/blue boxes go over basic profile info (their age, their Digimon, their crest, etc.)

The green boxes underneath are Seki Hiromi's guesses on what kind of mochi they would like to eat on Children's Day: (readable ones, or extrapolated guesses based on what can be read)
    Takeru- Kusa-mochi with tsubuan
    Yamato- Kusa-mochi with koshian
    Taichi- Kashiwa-mochi with tsubuan
    Koushiro- Kashiwa-mochi with koshian

The larger green boxes are super short stories about characters eating their preferred mochi.

Hopefully better images and more details soon.

This is from the Spring 2019/May issue of Otomedia Plus, which can be ordered from CDJapan (affiliate link.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    hmm...it's kinda strange that they've only shown the updated looks of those Digidestined but not their respective digimon partners....

Junior Commander
    It's not like the Digimon will have updated designs or anything. Agumon won't have a new outfit or a new hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    It's not like the Digimon will have updated designs or anything. Agumon won't have a new outfit or a new hairstyle.
    They had it, agumon was different in tri, and wargreymon too. Well, not the outfit or hairstyle, but the design or drawing style was different.

I'm a Maniac
    Koushiro continuing to look like the real boss.
    They had better present him as being the person to invent cryptocurrency.

Also poor Sora <_>

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    Koushiro continuing to look like the real boss.
    They had better present him as being the person to invent cryptocurrency.

Also poor Sora <_>
    What’s wrong with Sora?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-kun View Post
    They had it, agumon was different in tri, and wargreymon too. Well, not the outfit or hairstyle, but the design or drawing style was different.
    This new series(/movie? I don't know what it is actually) seems to be going for something much closer to the original Adventure's art style, so the Digimon will probably look the same.

I wonder if Meiko will show up at all. She may have moved away, but it's established she's still friends with the main characters. I 100% expect the 02 kids to show up, especially with how many people were disappointed with their absence in tri. But I'm more interested in seeing how Meiko would look in the original art style :P

Updated the translation of what can be seen so far thanks to onkei.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    The usual 02 whiny posts and those quoting them have been removed.

still hoping for series version, 1 movie only won't be able to develop all characters