With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Frontier BD-Box! Scans, Screencaps, & Discussion! & Audio Drama Translation!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    5) When talking about Koji's mother, I assume he's referring to the woman married to the father of both not to their biological other, am I right?
    8) "Just the other day, one of the staff members was waiting for the pedestrian light at Shibuya, and a young person who was a complete stranger apparently said this!" I think I didn't get what it seems to be a reference...what did I miss?
    9) "Whoa, a human power generator! Nice! Like a Digimon stun gun!" What are they trying to say? Are they talking about Blitzmon?
    10) I'm not sure I get the Pumpmon/Gottsumon situation, they are the ticket collectors for those who are heading to the Digital World? If so, why they say Chackmon is going to check their tickets? I get a little bit confused here.
    #5 - One would assume he's talking about his step-mom, since his biological mother is dead.
    #8 - I think it's just a reference to something that actually happened. Someone from Toei heard a stranger mention Pumpmon and Gotsumon.
    #9 - Yeah, they're talking about Blitzmon.
    #10 - Pumpmon and Gotsumon are just there to make a fun cameo. The thing about Chackmon checking tickets is one of a series of jokes where they get his name wrong (Chackmon sounds like Checkmon) and he responds to it.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    As for the pre-airing promo, it's feasible something like that might have been paid for by Fuji TV and it was 'their promo', and once the rights lapsed for Toei to include it on stuff, there isn't much value in Happinet having Toei track down the contracts to confirm if Toei owns it and can let Happinet include it on the set, or does Happinet have to negotiate with Fuji, etc.
    I can almost buy that, but it's still strange because the episode #01 previews for Adventure and Adventure 02 were carried over to their respective blu-ray boxes with no problem. It wasn't until the Tamers blu-ray that they stopped showing up. But I realize that each promo has its own individual contracts and whatnot (although I'm more inclined to believe it's just Toei being lazy and not providing Happinet with materials, as you said).

7) However, I don't get why Bokomon is not there alongside Neamon.
    While I agree that a cameo from Bokomon would've been cool, it's important to keep in mind that Neemon isn't technically "there". He doesn't interact with any of the characters, and nobody acknowledges his presence. He's just our narrator.

12) Worth mentioning after hearing the Drama CD itself that during the scene of the train in Shibuya, it's played an instrumental song that I personally never heard during the anime original run.
    I've already put my drama CD away and I'm admittedly too lazy to get it back out of that cardboard box again, but if it's the piece of music I'm thinking of, I'm almost positive it's part of the Frontier movie soundtrack (and thus, sadly unreleased).

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    One would assume he's talking about his step-mom, since his biological mother is dead.
    Wait, for real? It's been a while since I watched Frontier, but I thought it was the twins' grandmother who died, not the mother.
    Last edited by MagicBox; 04-08-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Wut? Mom is still alive, it was only Dad who told Kouji she was dead.

Anyways, I'm glad to see what my children are up to ;__; So happy for them!
    I like how the Digimon got personalities and all, but it still felt a bit OOC to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBox View Post
    It's been a while since I watched Frontier, but I thought it was the twins' grandmother who died, not the mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Luna View Post
    Wut? Mom is still alive, it was only Dad who told Kouji she was dead.
    You're right, I misremembered. I haven't watched Frontier in over a decade.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    What was this about "okunimon"? whilst it seemed to be a joke about Agunimon, he also says:

"NEEMON: Allow me to explain! Okunimon is a female performer who is considered to be the originator of kabuki theater. She is a Digimon modeled after Izumo no Okuni."

so does that mean this "okunimon" exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    so does that mean this "okunimon" exists?
    Nah, it's just a joke.
    MY PROJECTS

The first post has been updated with week 1 sales. Those are being copy pasted here also...

We have first week sales for Frontier on Blu-ray thanks to ANN.

First week sales put Digimon Frontier on Blu-ray at 14th place on the anime Blu-ray charts with sales of 1,058.

To compare with prior week one BD-Box sales:
    Movies- 5,190
    Adventure- 12,094
    Zero-Two- 3,171
    Tamers- 2,034

The number overall doesn't compare well to prior sets, but they generally weren't expected to, and doing around 1/3 and 1/2 of what 02 and Tamers did (respectively) doesn't sound that odd for Frontier. With expectations likely reasonably in check the number isn't bad at all for a stand-alone Blu-ray release.

A few other notable releases that came out the same week and their Blu-ray sales:
    I Want to Eat Your Pancreas- 5,922 (LE), 2,047 (Normal)
    Banana Fish Box 3- 4,973
    Mob Psycho 100 2 Volume 1- 1,295
    Aikatsu Friends Box 3- 746
    2010 Detective Conan Film- 708
    2009 Detective Conan Film- 693

With 1,000 sold, it wouldn't be shocking if it doesn't place high enough on week 2 for us to get numbers, but with over 1,000 sold, hopefully it shows that there is a dedicated, if small, group of Digimon fans who are willing to spend money on Frontier and get them some sort of figure or other product, and continue on with future Digimon Blu-rays.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm a Maniac
    I only saw this today, regardless, I'm wondering: Will there be new CD Dramas for all non-Adventure Digimon series? Since there was a new Tamers CD Drama and now there is a new Frontier CD Drama, will there be CD Dramas for Digimon Savers and Digimon Xros Wars?

Right now we have no way of knowing.

Ain't got no mojo...
    still hoping to release the unreleased soundtracks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast