With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Wada Kouji Passed 3 Years Ago

Wada Kouji Passed 3 Years Ago

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's been 3 years since the passing of Wada Kouji.

His name and music is well known to Digimon fans around the world, with elements from his songs defining the brand not only musically, but at times visually, and he's still often one of the first names that comes to mind when people think of Digimon.

As always, far too many songs connected to the brand to list and give their due all at once, and everyone tends to have their own favorites.

And as many people know, our site/forum was named after one of his songs.

It just turned April 3rd where I am but fans have been posting messages to social media, and it wouldn't be surprising if various people with the brand say things as they have in the past.

The first message spotted was from Volcano Ota, who also posted a photo.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A translation of his message: (Translation updated thanks to shin)
    After we went to visit Wada-san's grave the other day, we held a special snack and drinking party with Wada-san's wife!

We had enjoyed ourselves so much, that when we left I almost left Mini-Koji behind -- this is only a secret for here though!!! (Thank you for noticing Ai-san...as usual!)

Everyone's doing well, Wada-san. (^_^)
    Mini-Koji appears to be a reference to the tiny Wada Kouji Lego man that Ota has, which is also featured in the photo.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    3 years already??? Will keep playing Butterfly in remembrance....

Add Shadious on DeviantArt Add Shadious on Google+
    Man, as timeless as Digimon is for me, so does Wada's legacy on the franchise as well!
    Bored of Knife of Day?

In tribute, maybe we should all post our favorite covers of his work? Cuz there's plenty. The perpetuation of the tracks he made is all the proof we need of how grand his legacy is. Here's one from me to start us off:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHdI-Wfsal8" target="_blank">
    Last edited by Alpha-Crimson; 04-03-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    "You can attack me all you want. Insult me, maim me, kill me... but no one... #*^@ing NO ONE... takes MY PRIDE!" - Scott Conklin of CONTROL Ubiquity of Chaos, first entry of a new scifi franchise by ME! ON SALE NOW!

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    No one will replace him.

Updated the translation of the message from Ota.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.