With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Frontier Drama CD Discussion

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Frontier Drama CD Discussion

So that you lot can discuss the Digimon Frontier Drama CD!

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Well I'm totally hyped right now. I've been talking this morning with an English-speaker Japanese user via Twitter about all the details on the new CD Drama "A Train Named Hope" (there's a lot of interesting stuff and a cameo crossover included). I'll try to write down all the details like he has done to me before with only a few grammar corrections to make it clearer. For starters, worth mentioning the CD Drama takes place 7-8 years after the main events in Digimon Frontier, so here we go:

SCENE 1

There is a character who talks to me (the listener). "He" and I ride on a train in Tokyo. But I don't know who "he" is.
    There are two high school students in the same train -- they are Takuya and Tomoki! Takuya is 18 years old, and Tomoki is 16 years old.
    Tomoki is considering to run for the top of the students' association. Because he wants to stop bullying in his school.

Takuya is plannning to go to the Serie D Football Association in Italy. He has learned Italian (or about Italian culture, not specified) thanks to Izumi.

They talk about some memories about the Digital World.
    SCENE 2

I change the train because "he" said so.
    In the next train, there are Izumi and Junpei.
    Junpei is on the first grade at music college. He learns about Opera.
    Izumi is a famous model in a magazine.

They also talk about some memories about the Digital World.
    SCENE 3

I change the train again because "he" said so.
    In the 3rd train, there are Koichi and Koji.
    Koichi studies for the entrance exam to the medical school.
    Koji is plannning to go around the world.

Suddenly, I see two Digimon standing near Koichi and Koji. "He" can see them, too.

They are Wolfmon and L÷wemon.They know well about Koichi's and Koji's daily life.
    SCENE 4

The train arrives at Shibuya. Only Wolfmon and L÷wemon get off the train.
    "He" tells me to follow the Digimon.
    "He" and I take an elevator, and we arrive at that terminal (I assume the terminal where the Chosen Children arrive first in the anime, not specified).
    Then "He" says --
    "My name is Neamon. My work is to take humans to here -- humans who can see Digimon. You are going to the Digital World with me."

After that, the story is very funny. It's hard to explain, but I'll try to do my best.

There are Pumpmon and Gottsumon at the terminal. I don't know why, maybe because they are Shibuya's Digimon in "Digimon Adventure".

There are also Agnimon, Chackmon, Fairimon, Blitzmon, Wolfmon and L÷wemon. But their behaviour is very funny. They have developed their own personality different from the anime series. For example, Agnimon talk like a Kabuki, L÷wemon suddenly gets angry. There is some interaction between them. Their talks are really chaotic. I can't explain it only in English, but in Japanese.

Then, Neamon says "You see? That is the Digital World. That's your way -- Frontier of dreams and hope!"

END
    After that I made him some direct questions left I had:

Q: "What songs are played during the CD Drama?"

A: "6 Children's character instrumental songs, and "FIRE!""

Q: "Does Tomoki say something about what he wants to do in the future (like a profession, etc.)?"

A: "Tomoki doesn't say anything about his future by himself. But Takuya says "Maybe you will be a good politician/diplomatic!""

Q: "All these trains in which Takuya & Tomoki, Izumi & Junpei, Koji & Koichi are riding, are real trains in Japan, or just metaphoric/unreal ones?"

A: "Real trains in Japan. Many names of different stations appear. All stations are in Tokyo, near Shibuya."

Q: "Do Koji & Koichi acknowledge about the presence of Wolfmon & LowŰmon? Do they talk to them?"

A: "No, Koji and Koichi can't see, sense or hear Digimon. Just Neamon and I can see and hear them."

Q: "Okay, it sounds neat while at the same time a bit sad."

A: "I think so, too. Maybe Koji and Koichi want to talk to them."

Q: "So Koji just wants to travel around the world? No specific places he wants to visit, or professional career in the future?

I think there exists a world in English to determine that, while I cannot remember"

A: "He doesn't say anything about that. He just says that he wants to travel as a backpacker."

Q: "Do you think the Pumpmon & Gottsumon that appear in Shibuya are the same individuals from Digimon Adventure?

Their appearance is really surprising!!"

A: "Yes, I think so. Because Wolfmon tells them that "You are the characters from another anime!" I was surprised about Pumpmon and Gottumon, too."

Q: "Regarding Izumi & Junpei, are they in a relationship? Or they are just friends?"

A: "Izumi and Junpei are just friends. But Junpei wants to be her boyfriend as before. Junpei maybe learns about Opera because most Operas use Italian as their working language."

Q: "Oh that's true. Poor Junpei..."

Q: "Does anyone have a boyfriend or girlfriend by the way?"

A: "No one has a boyfriend or girlfrend."

Q: "Do the other four Legendary Warriors (Grottomon, Arbormon, Ranamon & Mercuremon) appear somehow, or are they at least mentioned?"

A: "No, they don't appear or are mentioned."

Q: "I'm pretty surprised that Bokomon doesn't appear alongside Neamon..."

A: "Maybe Bokomon is waiting at the Digital World...I hope so..."

Q: "Is there any "enemy" in this CD Drama (like the "Malice Bot" in the Digimon Tamers 2018 CD Drama)? Are any of the former villains (Lucemon, the Royal Knights) or the Three Great Angels mentioned in the story?"

A: "Takuya mentions Lucemon and the Royal Knights. But no villains appear in the story. Peaceful."
    I'm looking forward to hear their voices again!! I'm excited to hear your thoughts here guys

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    The part about Agnimon sounds like he has his profile personality, with the archaic way of speaking.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    So they break the fourth wall and reference the fact they're anime characters? And do Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon even have a reson for showing up?

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    The part about Agnimon sounds like he has his profile personality, with the archaic way of speaking.
    That's true!! It's possible they based the new personalities of the Spirits in the description from their official profiles. If that's the case, I wonder what they could have thought when reading Blitzmon's:
    Although Blitzmon looks mechanical, its personality is, in contrast, expressive and human. Its language is trollish, but it additionally conveys excess warmth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    So they break the fourth wall and reference the fact they're anime characters? And do Gotsumon and Pumpkinmon even have a reson for showing up?
    I think we cannot be entirely sure till they'll release the full Drama CD itself, but it seems so. Maybe because they are Digimon from Shibuya, which is very related to Frontier at the some time. I personally kinda like this kind of nice references whenever they show up.

A Chinese Facebook fanage has released the third part of the Drama CD and I must say there's indeed a fight scene, even if it's friendly. I can hear at least the 6 Spirits shouting their attack techniques: Agnimon's Fire Darts, Wolfmon's Licht Sieger, Fairtmon's Brezzo Petalo, Blitzmon's Thor's Hammer, Chackmon's Tsurara Lala & L÷wemon's Geist Abend???. Also what could have happened to the other four Spirits? Did they remain soulless?

Neamon seems quite more confident and straightforward than in the anime. That final part with FIRE!! on the background is really nostalgic...

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Geist Abend? That should be Duskmon's attack.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I received my Frontier blu-ray box and drama CD in the mail this weekend. While I can't provide a full script translation (I don't speak Japanese), I can provide some additional context and share my impressions based on what little fluency I have. Since this thread was created for us to discuss the drama CD and its contents, I'm assuming I don't need to use spoiler tags, but please be warned that this post contains spoilers.

The new drama is nearly 26 minutes in length.

The drama is comprised of four different scenes. Frontier's narrator serves as our guide to the proceedings.

The Chosen Children: If you're familiar with Frontier, you don't even need to speak Japanese to notice there's been a time skip. The original actors return, but they're playing their characters much differently. Everyone's voices are deeper, and Tomoki immediately starts things off by calling Takuya "Takuya-san" instead of "Takuya-oniichan". Takuya and Tomoki get one scene together, Junpei and Izumi get one scene together, and Kōji and Kōichi get one scene together. Each scene lasts about six minutes; there is no scene in which all six children are together.

Background Music: "FIRE!!" is used as the ending theme, and is the only vocal song featured. The rest of the score is comprised of Takanori Arisawa's original Frontier BGM. Some pieces (Takuya's theme, Tomoki's theme, Izumi's theme, the orchestral version of "With The Will", etc.) are on the Frontier soundtrack CD, while some pieces (the jazzy lounge version of "FIRE!!", etc.) remain unreleased. On the bright side, at least the unreleased BGM seems to be safe in the archives and ready-for-use, if they ever do decide to release a second soundtrack.

Neemon: To fully understand Neemon's role, you've got to keep in mind that Masami Kikuchi (Neemon's voice actor) also played the narrator for Frontier during its original run. And so, at the beginning of the drama when Kikuchi starts narrating, we're just meant to assume it's business as usual. However, about 19 minutes into the drama, the narrator makes a shocking revelation... "I'm Neemon, a Digimon. Nice to meet you." Bokomon does not appear and, to the best of my knowledge, is not mentioned. Bokomon's absence immediately draws attention to itself as the only main character not to return. Kazuko Sugiyama (Bokomon's voice actress) still occasionally does voice acting, so it's a shame she doesn't appear here. I just hope she's in good health.

Pumpmon & Gottsumon: Yeah, these guys are here, too. Although I can't explain any of the surrounding context, it's worth mentioning that they're played by Haruhi Nanao and Yū Sugimoto, just as they were in Digimon Adventure.

The Legendary Warriors: The fourth and final scene features Neemon, Pumpmon, Gottsumon, as well as Agnimon, Wolfmon, Fairymon, Blitzmon, Chackmon, and L÷wemon/Duskmon. Again, I can't explain any of the surrounding context, but the warriors do fire off some of their signature techniques near the end.
    Last edited by MagicBox; 04-07-2019 at 07:47 AM.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    To confirm, Spoiler tags are not needed no.

Pumpmon & Gotsumon: Yeah, these guys are here, too. Although I can't explain any of the surrounding context, it's worth mentioning that they're played by Haruhi Nanao and Yū Sugimoto, just as they were in Digimon Adventure.
    Also THIS has me needing to know more detail lol

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Geist Abend? That should be Duskmon's attack.
    Yep I heard it at least three times and that's the attack name. They mention several times about L÷wemon/Duskmon and at least one something about the "Yami no Supiritto".

Ain't got no mojo...
    You have no idea how reading this made me want to get the Frontier Drama CD ASAP! haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast