With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontier Artwork for Flamon and Vritramon

Frontier Artwork for Flamon and Vritramon

Another Frontier update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This time we get more Takuya!

First up is Flamon. This is rough art of his final design, plus a sketch of his face in profile.

Then we get his beast form!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Vritramon is a nearly final design with just a few color changes.

Less than a week until the Frontier Blu-ray box is out!

Pre-orders are available for the Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box. It will be available April 2nd, 2019 for 53,800 yen. Early versions of the box will include the new Frontier audio drama: (Affiliate link)
    Digimon Frontier Blu-ray Box

We hope to do a breakdown of this release like we do for many media releases, including last year's Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box. If you are able to, donating or joining our Patreon can be a big help.

Previous news for the Frontier Blu-ray box:
    Title and Staff for Frontier Audio Drama
    Frontier Audio Drama Cast
    Preview of Cover Art and Store Exclusives
    Cover Art, plus Fan Vote
    Internal Art 1
    Internal Art 2 plus Store Exclusive info
    Preview of Amazon Japan Exclusive Keychains
    Result of Frontier Favorite Episode Fan Vote!
    Packaging Preview, Plus New Details
    Early Agnimon Designs
    Early Wolfmon Art
    Duskmon Images
    Chakmon Art, Including Early unnamed designs
    Neemon Art, Including Facial expressions
    Blu-ray Box and Booklet Preview Images, Plus New Interviews Teased
    Preview of Frontier Blu-ray Box Store Exclusives
    Early Blitzmon and Bolgmon Frontier Artwork and Designs
    Early Artwork for Arbormon, Mercuremon, Ranamon, Fairymon, & More!
    Early Artwork for Garmmon, plus Spirit of Light
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Aww, no beta names this time. Was hoping BurningGreymon was his "original" name before they changed it. In terms of design, I think I like this one better, even if theyre not much different to each other.

I come from the net
    Oh so Vritramon wasn't skipped. But along with Flamon! But I remember how AncientGreymon being miscolored differently in old magazine scans looked scarier. Was it prototype or simply miscolored due to printed official images tend to be miscolored like few certain anime series?

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Aww, no beta names this time. Was hoping BurningGreymon was his "original" name before they changed it.
    Why? What difference would it make?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Aww, no beta names this time. Was hoping BurningGreymon was his "original" name before they changed it.
    I get to enjoy and be smug that the dub names were actually from Bandai JP themselves, and were going to be used in the original as well, meaning people should have less reason to hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    I get to enjoy and be smug that the dub names were actually from Bandai JP themselves, and were going to be used in the original as well, meaning people should have less reason to hate them.
    While reasonably likely, you wouldn't know that, you'd 'assume' that, since the handful of those names that 'were' written down 'and then' in the dub were pretty obvious names to choose...

I mean, is anyone going to argue that MetalKabuterimon isn't a 'super' obvious name for a metal bug hero Digimon?

The 'opposite' could be argued even if you 'were' right. Basic easy names were written on sheets early on when they were trying to find the 'right' name, they chucked them for names they felt were superior, and then when the characters were used elsewhere, they gave them the names they had previously trashed because they were simpler.

There is also something really weird about bragging about wanting to act smug in that fashion, especially with how often you are wrong about stuff.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    If people already don't like a dub name, a behind the scenes name change that may or may not have happened isn't going to change anyone's minds \_(ツ)_/

Flamon is so adorable

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Can we all agree this little boy needs his own series so bad!? Seriously I really want to see a videogame in which you can choose Flamon & Strabimon as your starters!

I think the main differences between Vritramon's draft and his final appearance in the anime series is the same ones that you can fins between his Bandai & Toei control arts. Still awesome as always. I'm glad I'm not the only one I wanted BurningGreymon as a tentative name...

Only Shutumon, Blizzarmon, Lowmon & KaiserLeomon (+ Bokomon) are left. We'll find out if Korikakumon is a thing.

I come from the net
    These are nice. Bit of a shame they never had ideas for the versions for the others. But of course, that's what Frontier is huh. Only stuff for the main two. heh But I'm still glad we're getting these.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast