With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Characters acting as Mascots for Hong Kong Youth Soccer Tournaments

Digimon Characters acting as Mascots for Hong Kong Youth Soccer Tournaments

Bit of unexpected news...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Hong Kong Football Association will be holding some international soccer tournaments soon, at which a few Digimon characters will be the mascots.

The first tournament, Jockey Club Girls’ International Youth Invitational Football Tournament 2019, will be held March 28th thru the 30, while the second, Jockey Club International Youth Invitational Football Tournament 2019, will be held April 19 thru the 22nd. Tournament matches will take place in Hong Kong and neighboring countries.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

At a press event going over the tournament details, Agumon, Gabumon, Piyomon, and Tailmon were announced as mascots and artwork was shown featuring them wearing various jerseys for the tournament.

Also, perhaps explaining his absence at Anime Japan 2019, Agumon himself was there in a custom made jersey to take part in the announcement.

In addition we have a flier for the Jockey Club Girls’ International Youth Invitational Football Tournament 2019, showing off the artwork of Tailmon and Piyomon.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The artwork generally looks like altered prior art, and hopefully we get clean art of Agumon and Gabumon soon, but from what we can see, it's the same with them.

Thanks to the Hong Kong Football Association, digimonworldhk, and Mingpao for the info.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    wow they use Piyomon as soccer mascot? She probs wins the game on her own by flying with the ball XD XD

ERROR::DaiTigris.Location could not be found.
    I used to be moderately into soccer as a kid so I find this kinda cute, even if the art edits are minimal. Kinda weird pick digimon as a mascot from my perspective. It really feels like marketing move to try and expand the audience.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    wow they use Piyomon as soccer mascot? She probs wins the game on her own by flying with the ball XD XD
    They probably want to use two female Digimon for the Jockey Club Girls’ International Youth.

I guess Palmon would have been a weider choice.

I come from the net
    That's really cute art. And really nice idea. This is great for both.