With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Joseph Pilato, Original English Voice of MetalGreymon, Passes

Joseph Pilato, Original English Voice of MetalGreymon, Passes

A bit of sad news today...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Joseph Pilato, the original English voice of MetalGreymon, passed away yesterday, roughly a week after his 70th birthday.

Pilato voiced MetalGreymon in the characters appearances in Digimon Season 1, Season 2, and the Movie.

Pilato was best known for his performance as Captain Rhodes in the movie Day of the Dead, but made appearances in a number of films including, but not limited to- Dawn of the Dead, Wishmaster, and Pulp Fiction.

Pilato's friend Marty Schiff, who was the source of the news, said that Pilato died silently in his sleep.

Thanks to Bloody Disgusting for the heads up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Ashley Cuadra On Twitter Add Ashley Cuadra on Facebook Add Ashley Cuadra on DeviantArt
    hes the best voice for metalgreymon ever

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    No one could replace him.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    RIP. He was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    No one could replace him.
    Kyle Hebert does a good job IMO, I really like his Greymon line voices.

I didn't realize the actors for Greymon and MetalGreymon were different. He has quite the interesting list of appearances to his name as well. His voice for MetalGreymon was great, I hope he rests well.

Aww, that's a shame. I didn't realize there was actually a different voice actor during the series, but I always recall the line reading being a really interesting take on it, so I guess that was him.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Sad news indeed. His voice pretty much cemented MetalGreymon as my favourite Digimon.

Rest in peace.

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    His portrayal of Metal Greymon was always one of my favorites. Hope he rests in peace, sad news of his passing.

Ain't got no mojo... Kitsunes97's Avatar
    His role as MetalGreymon will be not forgotten for all Digimon Fans and me since our childhood always.

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    Aw man, this is sad. I remember his voice from Digimon the Movie, and now it'll never be the same for me ever again.