With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Early Frontier Artwork for Arbormon, Mercuremon, Ranamon, Fairymon, & More!

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    I love that horse Digimon so much. I donít suppose I could convince them to reintroduce it could I?
    Just comment, like and retweet it. Even if nothing happens they might be encouraged to post more unused Digimon.

I come from the net
    Finally we get to my favorite. ...She's basically the same which is ok. No real alt names or anything. But how bout that centaur guy. We could use that. We could use a couple of these but still.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Really glad to have all the Five Evil Warriors (but for Duskmon) at once!! I would have preferred to seesee Fairy & Shutumon all alone but still. First thing I thought when I saw Mercuremon's & Ranamon's artworks was that I was familiar with them...also Fairymon's original names would have fit her either. Now we know why about Jet Silphymon. However, having already the Jogress Silphymon, we could have had two Digimon sharing the same name that early in the franchise? That feels weird and opens some kind of possible connection between the two that amazes me at the same time. As for Marsmon, I guess this last minute change explains that nowadays the Olympos XII group exists as such...Luckily enough ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Now we know why about Jet Silphymon. However, having already the Jogress Silphymon, we could have had two Digimon sharing the same name that early in the franchise?
    Nope... even though the similarity is a probably reason for the name not being selected, it's not the same name, as it's Silphmon without a y: シルフモン / シルフィーモン

Honestly grumblemon was my least favorite of the legendary warriors, he could have been a rockman or something but heís some kind of gnome or goblin or troll

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    He was probably inspired by gnomes, the earth elementals in occult literature.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

I come from the net
    That does make a lot of sense. Gnomes are sometimes said to be Earth based. Plus... They already used Golemon. Now that's what you might have been wanting.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    He was probably inspired by gnomes, the earth elementals in occult literature.
    Real talk itís the nose in both forms, had he gotten a normal shnoz I would have been happy, especially since i love his voice actor in the dub, Derik steven prince is always amazing, Ken,impmon/beelzemon, and I believe he was also dynasmon, and i know in fusion he unfortunately got cast as a lame character when he should have played the second beelzemon ( even though i also love matt mercer who was the chosen actor)

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Just a quick note, I've just realized the card Bo-727 depicts this early artwork of Gigasmon.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Is Mercuremon Mexican inspired?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast