With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Digital Monster X discussion

X2 won’t arrive for about 4.5 months. I ordered both x1s cause I don’t want to wait that long but if you’re happy to wait then just wait. Also check out the x1 evolution charts, if they interest you then maybe pick one up.

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    If you're looking for sheer amount of content, I'd recommend waiting. The X2s will be everything the X1 is and more. The X1s are still fun though, so like Dance said, get it if the charts interest you. Also keep in mind that having the X1 will unlock something on the X2, but we don't know what just yet.
    Last edited by humulos; 07-29-2019 at 07:18 AM.
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20thDigimon Pendulum Ver.20thDigital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

Ain't got no mojo...
    Pre order the X2 if you can. I paid a pretty penny for these on Japan You Want, the X2 might still be available and affordable and has more monsters, most of which are wicked cool evil Digimon.

Ain't got no mojo...
    why X2 over X1?

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinnydin View Post
    why X2 over X1?
    Larger roster of raisable Digimon per device (44 on X2, 30 on X1), more enemy only Digimon (31 in X2, 23 in X1), more quest areas (45 in X2, 30 in X1)

Plus the X2 is semi-translucent, which is always a plus
    Digitama Hatchery
    Evolution guides and more for all Digimon Virtual Pet releases 2017 and beyond
    Digital Monster Ver.20thDigimon Pendulum Ver.20thDigital Monster X/X2
    What are Digimon Virtual Pets?

How does the preorder service work for premium Bandai you pay for it now or is it one of those you don’t pay til it ships type preorders

Ain't got no mojo... GuidingLight's Avatar
    I kind of wish the DMX had a way to manipulate the dice rolls. Instead of being completely random, it should be more skill base. I hope the V2 actually gives you the number it lands on as it fades to black instead of popping up with something else entirely.

The XAI roll is pretty consistently timing based. Once you get the hang of the timing you can get the same roll result most of the time.

Ain't got no mojo... GuidingLight's Avatar
    What is the timing? I can't seem to find any rhyme or reason to how it determines the rolls

Ain't got no mojo...
    Does anybody prefer the classic sprites in the DM20th to these? I love this device, am currently raising my second monster, a WarGreymon, but I keep reflecting on how much more the chibi style of the classic v-pets appeals to me. Maybe it's just that some of the sprites feel "off" to me, like Plotmon or Tobucat. The cut-in animations make up for it, but some of the sprites feel off nonetheless. Regardless, I'm happy that they're still making new v-pets, even if they have limited availability.