With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Couple of Updates- Frontier Chakmon Art, Plus Stradion Miyazaki 20th Keychain

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Couple of Updates- Frontier Chakmon Art, Plus Stradion Miyazaki 20th Keychain

A few more small updates...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We start with a bit more production artwork for Digimon Frontier!

This time they tease us with early rough draft designs of a certain 'white' Digimon.

They don't tell us who he is though... maybe the second design will help...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Well, they still don't tell us who he is, but the word 'Ice' is written on both of them, and the second one has a rather cute and amusing appearance...

Between the mention of ice, white, that the second image is a bear, along with the chest design on the first image being somewhat similiar to the sigil on his chest, we can likely safely guess that these are early 'unnamed' designs that were being drawn up for the Digimon who eventually became Chakmon.

Update- They've posted that it was indeed Chakmon and showed off some Chakmon art!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

They posted how you can see Chakmon's design overall was decided through via trial and error on trying different things.

Early name candidates for him were based off polar bears, Polarmon and Shirokumon. (Shirokuma being the Japanese word for polar bear.)

They also mention how the head design on his forehead was based on someone from the staff's 'business card', and how even the name of Chakmon can be taken as being from that staff member. Based on confirmation in the past from various people regarding the head symbol, this would be Tamers series composer Chiaka Konaka (who has himself pointed out the head symbol connection in the past.) Konaka and his brother made the movie 'Kuma-Chang' many years ago, and they consider the bear their symbol (or 'calling card' as it were.)

With a few weeks left, hopefully we will get more early Frontier art!

Pre-orders are available for the Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box. It will be available April 2nd, 2019 for 53,800 yen. Early versions of the box will include the new Frontier audio drama: (Affiliate link)
    Digimon Frontier Blu-ray Box

We hope to do a breakdown of this release like we do for many media releases, including last year's Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box. If you are able to, donating or joining our Patreon can be a big help.

Previous news for the Frontier Blu-ray box:
    Title and Staff for Frontier Audio Drama
    Frontier Audio Drama Cast
    Preview of Cover Art and Store Exclusives
    Cover Art, plus Fan Vote
    Internal Art 1
    Internal Art 2 plus Store Exclusive info
    Preview of Amazon Japan Exclusive Keychains
    Result of Frontier Favorite Episode Fan Vote!
    Packaging Preview, Plus New Details
    Early Agnimon Designs
    Early Wolfmon Art
    Duskmon Images

Next up, a bit of an update for the next Ayumi Miyazaki concert event...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Show You My Brave Hearts Volume 4 will take place at the Shibuya Rex on on June 22nd.

Those who purchase S tickets will get a complimentary keychain featuring Stradion, Miyazaki's mascot character designed by Kenji Watanabe.

Prior updates, with ticket details, can be found here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Hmm, I really like that first design, but I see why they didn't use it for Chakmon or Blizzarmon since it seems a little too similar to Wolfmon in terms of colors and theme. The second one is cute, but a bit too simplistic, more like a what I would expect for the depowered Child level form of Chakmon.

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    Hmm, I really like that first design, but I see why they didn't use it for Chakmon or Blizzarmon since it seems a little too similar to Wolfmon in terms of colors and theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    That seems more like Garurumon legs and tail to me.
    I think itís pretty clear that they were originally planning on using a form of Garurumon as the source of the ice spirits (presumably used by Kōji), which fits the original Garurumon lineís elemental association much better. It would also have maintained the duality of fire and ice between the two lead boys. I assume they changed it and made Ancient Garurumon the source of light spirits when they committed to the idea of the warrior of darkness being Kōjiís twin, but still wanted to maintain the lancerís association with Garurumon. If you think about it, having the youngest kid, Tomoki, be the bearer of the light spirits would have fit the mould set by earlier instalments in the franchise, so it wouldnít surprise me if that had been their original plan.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 03-14-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    That seems more like Garurumon legs and tail to me.

Updated with Chakmon confirmation, art, and a few other details.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    Whoa Proto-Chakmon is so completely different... When I first saw it at the news, I instantly thought of a certain sea creature from the Legend of Zelda.

And lol We Bare Bears-like digimon.

Red shirt
    Hmmm. Where have I seen that Bearmon/Kumamon concept art before?

Oh yeah.

Four Dark Lords. Hundreds of monsters. Five teens. One huge adventure.
    An anime-inspired web serial updated weekly.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by PCmon View Post
    Hmmm. Where have I seen that Bearmon/Kumamon concept art before?

Oh yeah.

This was BEFORE We Bare Bears.

Red shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post

This was BEFORE We Bare Bears.
    Yes, I know. It's a joke.

Four Dark Lords. Hundreds of monsters. Five teens. One huge adventure.
    An anime-inspired web serial updated weekly.

Ain't got no mojo... KoreeluStromboli's Avatar
    Follow KoreeluStromboli On Twitter Visit KoreeluStromboli's Youtube Channel Add KoreeluStromboli on DeviantArt
    The second design reminded me of Young Ice Bear from We Bare Bears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast