With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontier Episode 50 HD Remaster TV Airing Details

Frontier Episode 50 HD Remaster TV Airing Details

And a small bit for Frontier...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Based on the results of the recent fan vote for favorite Digimon Frontier episode, Episode 50- Beyond Time! The Beginning of a New Legend, will air on Tokyo MX at 1:05am on March 22nd.

The airing is meant to help promote the upcoming release of Digimon Frontier on Blu-ray.

Pre-orders are available for the Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box. It will be available April 2nd, 2019 for 53,800 yen. Early versions of the box will include the new Frontier audio drama: (Affiliate link)
    Digimon Frontier Blu-ray Box

We hope to do a breakdown of this release like we do for many media releases, including last year's Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box. If you are able to, donating or joining our Patreon can be a big help.

Previous news for the Frontier Blu-ray box:
    Title and Staff for Frontier Audio Drama
    Frontier Audio Drama Cast
    Preview of Cover Art and Store Exclusives
    Cover Art, plus Fan Vote
    Internal Art 1
    Internal Art 2 plus Store Exclusive info
    Preview of Amazon Japan Exclusive Keychains
    Result of Frontier Favorite Episode Fan Vote!
    Packaging Preview, Plus New Details
    Early Agnimon Designs
    Early Wolfmon Art!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    My favourite episode from my favourite anime series in HD on television...I feel like a child again (^^) By the way, I was kinda surprised about the chosen airing time. Dunno in Japan, but normally here in Europe that time slot is reserved to films and series for people aged over 18 among other stuff.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Well, I mean, most people who are familiar with Frontier arenít kids anymore, so it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Well, I mean, most people who are familiar with Frontier arenít kids anymore, so it makes sense.
    Yeah I know, and there's something awesome about that!

Speaking of frontier, are there any whispers of a frontier battle spirits set?

I remember there was a mistake in the episode showing Kouichi's hand and digivice to go to the final fight. I don't think they correct that.

The episode is about to start!! Since I know perfectly this episode, I will pay attention to the details to see how it has been remastered. Let's see if there's something new by the end.

Hi, asked someone to record the episode for comparing it with the DVD, it looks nice, better resolution, borders definition etc..

DVDISO -> 4:3 (720x480->720x540)

Tokyo MX -> 960x720
    Last edited by Lyswh; 03-21-2019 at 03:07 PM.

The attempt is appreciated, but I tend to not like this sort of image comparison to be honest...

Aspect ratio correcting DVD caps is a helpful way, but without saying what filters are used kind of makes it not help, as numerous scaling filters don't scale images right for DVDs.

Then as for the Tokyo MX stream itself, a one off showing isn't helpful for numerous reasons...
    It isn't really the Blu-ray.
    It's hard to say how many different compression steps existed inbetween the masters and it actually airing.

None of those are complete dealbreakers for an image comparison of course, they're just things to note, since people seem obsessed with trying to parse out image quality before anyone has the actual set...

Although there is one more thing...

Unless things have changed... (and they may have) Tokyo MX doesn't broadcast in 720p, which means either the source of the image, or their equipment, has further altered things, making actually comparing it even less worthwhile.

There are still things to be parsed out, but trying to actually do an image comparison when both images (primarily the 'new' one) have gone thru any number of steps taking it away from the actual point of comparison (new master vs old) kind of takes away from the point of actually comparing them.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Yeah i know what you mean, but i used the original DVDISO, about Tokyo MX, i've the original TS recording (1440x1080), just cut the black bars out, and downscaled it to 960x720p so it was easier to see it in comparison to the DVD.

I mean, just wanted to make an idea of what to expect haha, and it seems it'll be better than the DVD, so I'm glad (Tamers wasn't fucked like adventure, so i thought frontier would look nice too haha)

Well if you want to know it xD:

Code:
    DGDecode_MPEG2Source("VTS_01_6.d2v").TFM(pp=0).VInverse().TDecimate()
    Crop(2, 0, -2, -2).Spline36Resize(720,540)
    Code:
    DGDecode_MPEG2Source("Digimon Frontier_50_Remaster_TOKYO MX.d2v").TFM().TDecimate()
    Spline36Resize(960, 720, 182, 0, -182, 0)
    Last edited by Lyswh; 03-21-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast