With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: 19th Anniversary of Digimon Adventure: Children's War Game!

19th Anniversary of Digimon Adventure: Children's War Game!

Almost there...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's March 4th, which is the day Children's War Game (or Our War Game), the second Digimon Adventure film, opened in Japan.

Generally held up as one of the best, if not 'the' best, parts of the franchise, Children's War Game premiered as part of the 2000 Spring Toei Anime Fair.

The film was used as the 2nd of 3 parts for the American composite Digimon the Movie, and was the part of the film that was most heavily advertised around.

The film led to director Mamoru Hosoda ending up at Studio Ghibli for a short time, before his eventual rise into being one of the better known Japanese directors.

The film seemed to have stuck with Hosoda to a decent degree though, as he's actually remade it twice!

First as the (slightly less well known) short film Superflat Monogram in collaboration with Louis Vuitton and artist Takashi Murakami (Hosoda once commented that the way that happened was Murakami saw the film, and later when Louis Vuitton wanted to work with him, the presentation Murakami made involved the Digimon film, which is what later led to Hosoda being involved.)

Second is as the feature film Summer Wars, which is an expanded 'Digimon free remake' of the film, which was a well liked and successful feature film.

Various aspects of the visuals from the second Digimon film continue to show up through Hosoda's work, and the film continues to be something he's asked about at Q&A events.

The second theatrical Digimon film seem to be what the franchise looks to on a normal basis at what to aim for, as you can see it acting as a guide for numerous Digimon content, from various films, to Cyber Sleuth, to tri., to Appmon, and that likely won't stop based on it's popularity.

Just the beginning of fun anniversary things!

After the release of the movie as part of a larger Digimon movie Blu-ray Box, it was later re-released as a single along with the first Digimon Adventure film, also directed by Hosoda! Those are still available: (affiliate links)
    Digimon the Movies Blu-ray Box
    Digimon Adventure Movies 1 and 2 Blu-ray
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Go back to the beginning!

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    beginning of Omegamon hype...

I come from the net
    That's cool. Huh. Sure has been a while. Expected-ly so but still.

I'm a Maniac
    Happy 19 years! Sorry for the delay.

Happy 19th to the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    Go back to the beginning!
    Best quotes from each of y2k bugís forms

Hello!

So you like to play games huh?

Iím looking for the programmer, donít interfere...

who can count backwards from ten?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    I never got that last line. Any idiot can count backwards from ten. The original "which one has the clock" made a lot more sense.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Junior Commander DBxDigimon_fan's Avatar
    Growing up I had the Engrish "Digimon: The Movie" version of it and even then I felt like Diablomon's oneliners were useless banter. The first time I saw it in its original form years later, it was so refreshing to me for some reason that he never gave any banter at all. Plus, I think the computerised voice saying "Moshi-moshi" was a nice touch and seems more like what he'd actually do.