With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Butter-Fly Wins Special Award at the Heisei AniSong Grand Prix

Butter-Fly Wins Special Award at the Heisei AniSong Grand Prix

A bit of interesting news..

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Feel Mee posted that Butter-Fly by Wada Kouji won a special award at the Heisei AniSong Grand Prix.

The Heisei AniSong Grand Prix was put together to celebrate anime music released during the Heisei era, which began on January 8th, 1989 and is expected to end on April 30th, 2019.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Butter-Fly, as the opening theme of Digimon Adventure, specifically won 1 of the 3 special prizes given to anime songs from 1989-1999.

The original single for Butter-Fly was released on April 23, 1999, roughly a month and a half after the anime began.

Thanks to shin for the heads up

Update- Hidenori Chiwata, the writer/composer of Butter-Fly posted a tweet about it.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

He thanks everyone for the two awards he was involved with. In addition to the award from Butter-Fly, he won an award in a fan vote category for the song Scab, the first opening them to Gash Bell, which he sung.

Update- An image of the certificate and a message from the Digimon Music Producer.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Congratulations to Butter-Fly, and all the fans who still listen to it.

I come from the net
    Hooray! Happy to hear that. It's a good thing that they won.

Updated with Hidenori Chiwata commenting.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Wada Kouji would be proud. Rest in piece.

I come from the net Paruseruru mafubu's Avatar
    A wonderful award for a very deserving artist and beautiful song. R.I.P. Wada Kouji, you'll always be in the hearts of the Digimon community.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paruseruru mafubu View Post
    A wonderful award for a very deserving artist and beautiful song. R.I.P. Wada Kouji, you'll always be in the hearts of the Digimon community.
    I totally subscribe this feeling!!

Added an update.