With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Sword & Shield

Pokémon Sword & Shield

Thanks to the Nintendo Direct earlier, we have the reveal of the newest Gen of Pokémon games - "Sword and Shield"!

The Region this time around seems to be the UK, the starters look a little iffy but it'll depend on their evolutions I guess.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Rule Britannia....

Happy we have a UK themed game! I do like all 3 starters but I will be going #TeamSobble

I come from the net
    I agree with Vande on that last one. But I always pick water starter anyway. So far I have no idea which to get but I might get Sword. At least by name.

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel Add Rika24 on DeviantArt
    So far I’m going with Sword because it sounds cooler than shield lol. As for starters, they seem pretty meh to be so far, but at least fire continues the zodiac theme. Based on his looks, there’s no way we AREN’T getting a fire/fighting final evo I’m guessing, that pose just makes me think kicking specialty *sigh* as it stands I will continue with my pattern of picking fire... for now
    3DS Friend Code: 1161-0249-6857
    First Starters for each generation
    Charmander | Cyndaquil | Torchic | Piplup | Tepig | Fennekin | Rowlett

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Pokémon always looks to me like the same recycled thing over the last 20 years tbh, it feels like if they were afraid of trying something new. Anyways, as for the starters, their designs are not really the best ones (the monkey is cute though), while the new polished graffics seem pretty nice and all the British ambiance is a cool touch I guess. I didn't understand whenever they told this game targets a grown-up and kids audience, and also the Let's GO players (wasn't the latter supposed to be a filler game?). My first impression overall is that Pokémon Zubamon & Pokémon Ludomon is not as alluring as Alola initially was.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    The designs are kinda bleh, but the fire rabbit is best so far. The final stage is what matters, though.

I'm surprised they're back to random encounters.

Also, if it really is a UK region and not assumptions, then neat.

Completely digital
    the starters aren't ugly, but IMO they're lack of variations. I mean, look at all of them, they have roundy cute faces, that's all. Moreover, they lack of unique traits like being quadrupedal or quirky eye shapes (like cyndaquil). So I guess they're so-so...

btw did you remember the fakemon news last year?
    I guess the rabbit starter looked quite similar to fakemon's one

Follow Rika24 On Twitter Visit Rika24's Youtube Channel Add Rika24 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I'm surprised they're back to random encounters.
    i wondered about that myself for a second until I thought about it. In Pokémon go when you go around catching them it isn’t a random encounter, you choose which Pokémon to go after. The Let’s Go series seems to be catered to turning people who got into Pokémon through Go into real players of the main series.
    3DS Friend Code: 1161-0249-6857
    First Starters for each generation
    Charmander | Cyndaquil | Torchic | Piplup | Tepig | Fennekin | Rowlett

I come from the net
    Even when I did an idea for a Rabbit Fire Starter I had it be part Fighting. It just seems like it would work. Still picking the water starter though.

I'm not sure how I feel about the starters, something about them just isn't clicking with me like the other groups in previous generations. I am warming up to Sobble and Grookey at the moment, but I still wouldn't say they're my favorite base forms.

The region on the other hand I do like, UK is a good choice and it looks like they're adapting it to the Pokémon world pretty well, so I look forward to seeing more of it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast