With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Result of Frontier Favorite Episode Fan Vote!, Updated w/ 2nd & 3rd

Result of Frontier Favorite Episode Fan Vote!, Updated w/ 2nd & 3rd

It's been a bit of a wait to find out the winner...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The result of the recent fan vote for favorite episode of Digimon Frontier has been announced and it is...

Episode 50- Beyond Time! The Beginning of a New Legend

So the Frontier episode voted the most favorite by fans ended up being the finale. The episode was written by Digimon Frontier series composer Sukehiro Tomita, who wrote 15 episodes of the series, along with the movie.

The airing date and time will be announced soon, they ask you to look forward to it.

Update- Thanks to theigno for pointing out they made a separate post with 2nd and 3rd place.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

2nd place was episode 22- My Home! Takuya's Lonely Return
    3rd place was episode 1- The Legendary Warrior! Agnimon of Flame

Both of these episodes were also ones written by series composer Sukehiro Tomita.

The vote, and airing, are promotions for the upcoming Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box.

Pre-orders are available for the Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box. It will be available April 2nd, 2019 for 53,800 yen. Early versions of the box will include the new Frontier audio drama: (Affiliate link)
    Digimon Frontier Blu-ray Box

We hope to do a breakdown of this release like we do for many media releases, including last year's Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box. If you are able to, donating or joining our Patreon can be a big help.

Previous news for the Frontier Blu-ray box:
    Preview of Cover Art and Store Exclusives
    Cover Art, plus Fan Vote
    Internal Art 1
    Internal Art 2 plus Store Exclusive info
    Preview of Amazon Japan Exclusive Keychains
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Of course the best part of Frontier was when it finally ended

Joking aside, this was among a handful of episodes that I liked. It was nice that Frontier ended on a high note, and yet, frustrating that it ended just as it was getting good and that the rest of the season couldn't live up to its potential. I also enjoyed the movie so, to me at least, it's interesting that both this episode and the movie were written by the same person.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    AKA End of the Line in the USA.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    I was gunning for the Wacky Races episode.
    But the finale was pretty cool. Especially when they all fuse to become Susanoomon
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Of course the best part of Frontier was when it finally ended
    Haha, I thought the very same thing .

I don't remember many Frontier episodes, but the two of them I do remember are the one with Sorcerymon (that died almost like Wizardmon), and another in which the Royal Knights are killed by Lucemon. I remember I actually missed that two Royal Knights.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Well... that was one of the more predictable outcomes.
    Also there was another tweet revealing that episode 22 and episode 1 landed second and third place respectively.
    Really wish they would have shared a chart with the placement of all 50 episodes though...
    Especially since to me Frontier is in a very interesting position where I feel that although it is an admittedly uneven season, the episodes themselves when viewed in isolation offer some of the highest entertainment value to be found in the Anime in general. If I just had to list Episodes of the Digimon Anime that you could watch with little or not context and just have a fun time, most of the top contenders would be Frontier episodes even though Frontier as a season is be pretty low on my list as far as my desire for a complete rewatch is concerned.

Updated the articles with the info about 2nd and 3rd place.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I feel kinda surprised with this announcement. I saw a lot of fans voting for the episodes 28, 35, 42 and 48 lately and I was pretty sure one of those were going to be the winner. But hey no complaints, the final episode is probably my very favourite one along with the OVA itself. I believe Frontier has one of the best finales I've seen in any anime, all the elements that have been built during the original running converge in a perfect ecstasy. By the way the End of the Line title is a reference to the first episode of Adventure as it was thought in that moment that one marked the final of an era. It's really interesting the personal insight Theigno has shared because it's not the first time I've heard someone feels that way about Frontier. I personally love all the anime long in part due to the amazing feeling that conveys knowing everything will eventually be wrapped up in a perfect ending.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I would've guessed episode 1 tbh, just through the genericness of being the ones most people would've seen lol. I'm with McGann for Wacky Races!

Kinda surprised 28 or 37 weren't in the top 3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast