With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Preview of Amazon Japan Exclusive Keychains from Frontier Blu-ray Box

Preview of Amazon Japan Exclusive Keychains from Frontier Blu-ray Box

Another preview!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Yet more from the Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box! A bit over a month left until it's out...

This time we get a preview of an Amazon Japan Exclusive item!

This Amazon store exclusive is a set of 6 acrylic keychains of Tomoki, Kouichi, Kouji, Takuya, Izumi, and Junpei! All 6 Frontier kids! The artwork should be familiar, since it's the standard profile art for each character, which looks like it'll make a nice keychain for each character!

In addition to this...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Buyers who purchase the Amazon exclusive version of Frontier will also get a mini shikishi, which will be Susanoomon and Lucemon: Falldown Mode using their standard profile artwork.

Pre-orders are available for the Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box. It will be available April 2nd, 2019 for 53,800 yen. Early versions of the box will include the new Frontier audio drama: (Affiliate link)
    Digimon Frontier Blu-ray Box

We hope to do a breakdown of this release like we do for many media releases, including last year's Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box. If you are able to, donating or joining our Patreon can be a big help.

Previous news for the Frontier Blu-ray box:
    Preview of Cover Art and Store Exclusives
    Cover Art, plus Fan Vote
    Internal Art 1
    Internal Art 2 plus Store Exclusive info
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Oh my God Izumi what have you eaten? You are now the tallest one lol That said, I really want that keychains for my keys <3

I pre-ordered both the regular version and the Amazon-exclusive version back when they went live, and I was waiting to see what the keychains and mini-shikishi actually looked like before deciding which version to keep. Now that we've seen them, I've gone ahead and canceled my order for the Amazon-exclusive version. The price difference between that and the regular version is about 19,000 yen, and while I love this classic artwork as much as anybody, it simply isn't worth the extra $175.

The regular version still comes with the drama CD, so I'm good.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Talking about which, has already been shown anywhere the fabric poster that goes in the Toei version? I think I'll go with the Yodabashi one.

By the way, I've just noticed what do these number in the background of the keychains sample mean? They seem like programming code to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    By the way, I've just noticed what do these number in the background of the keychains sample mean? They seem like programming code to me.
    Is hexadecimal data. The first few pairs decode to "8BPS" in ascii, the rest does not seem to be text. Googling reveals that this is how the header of a Photoshop file starts. So that's probably what it is. Note that psd files are not known for being very compact and even if much of the data wasn't covered by the characters the image would not contain more than a few measly kilobytes of data. For a Photoshop file that probably wouldn't even encompass the header section so it wouldn't be anything useful.

I come from the net
    Well this is nice. They even have my best friend's favorite character. Though I don't know if he'd actually buy a JP keychain. You can only get them from the blu-ray right?