With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Adventure 20th Memorial Image & Anniversary Info, plus News Index

Adventure 20th Memorial Image & Anniversary Info, plus News Index

One more thing for tonight (unless they throw more at us...)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The new memorial image that we heard about earlier in V-Jump!

They talk about how the Adventure movie was released on March 6th, 1999, the TV series began the next day, March 7th, and Digimon has expanded in various ways since.

In 2019 they are celebrating their 20th anniversary.

Designed to commemorate the 20th Anniversary, this visual depicts Taichi, Agumon, and the other Chosen Children and their Digimon from Digimon Adventure (and forms that showed up later.)

They specify that all 49 characters shown (All 8 kids, the Baby 2 thru Ultimate forms for the Digimon, plus Omegamon) were entirely drawn, and may be shown off on their own in the future.

After 20 years time, the art has grown, and this visual is compelte with thanks to the fans who love the work and desire to enjoy the 20th Anniversary together.

The image itself has a message in English that's rather clear. "For fans and all DigiDestined, Thank you for your unwavering passion and support. The adventure now evolves."

The Adventure 20th Twitter also posted the image along with a few messages (some of which is repeated from above.)

The 20th Anniversary will kick off March 6th. Included in the celebration will be events, merchandise, and fairs which are all in preparation right now.

"Let's all enjoy this celebration year together!"

Now, some of the fairs we've already found out about, and a small stack of news showed up quickly, so here is a small news index of a few recent things.

Toei USA Shows off Anniversaries on their Website- Toei USA updated their main frontpage image to show off various upcoming anniversaries, including Digimon Adventure.

Early Info from April V-Jump- Earlier today we found out this image existed (With no actual image) along with other information. We've since gotten a better image of V-Jump (Around when we were posting the memorial image) and have updated the article with updated information.

Adventure 20th Anniversary Event Details for Digimon ReArise- For the Anniversary a number of Adventure things are coming to ReArise!

Exclusive Digimon Adventure 20th Products at Village Vanguard, More Teased- One of the 'fairs' announced, this has a number of new and exclusive products featuring sprite artwork.

Exclusive Digimon Adventure 20th Products at GraffArt, Plus Key Art!- Another fair, with more merchandise, this time featuring some of the cutest artwork we've seen!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Digidestined, huh?

I'm looking forward to seeing those arts! especially Lillymon. I'm sad Meicoomon/Meiko don't see to be involved.

I come from the net
    I agree with that but only because she's a favorite. It makes sense though.

That's a nice poster.
    The first thing I noticed was the irregular order of the images. It seemed weird that everything was spread out except Gomamon's evolution line which was not only all in one place but also in perfect order... surely there would be other patterns hidden in the image, leading to something big and meaningful! Just think about what could be hidden here in plain sight... numbers or letters or maybe a sprite for a new Digimon, or something even more significant.

There are of course multiple ways of grouping the images of which I have chosen the two most obvious ones. the first being of course to group the images by their characters. Taichi and his partner, Yamato and his partner, and so on.
    Then there is the type based grouping where we can group by images of Humans, images of baby Digimon then Child level, etc.
    So I immediately separated all the different images in Photoshop and regrouped them according the rules above:

And the result is... no apparent pattern whatsoever. The shape for Tailmon and Hikari kind of looks like a shifty face though if you squint a bit.

But maybe I haven't gone deep enough. Other methods of decoding could be tried, like grouping the Digimon by attribute, ordering the images by how much they show of a character's body, isolating patterns of characters that are shipped together or converting the position of the images for the specific characters into coordinates and then writing the coordinates on a piece of paper, feeding it through a shredder and then reassembling it in accordance with moon phases.

Anyway, since I had the entire poster split apart and open in Photoshop I thought I might as well play around a bit and do an edit of poster where I color the characters' squares with the colors associated with their crests:

The end result looks pretty garish so I completely understand why they went for they chose an uniform color scheme for this...

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I'm sad Meicoomon/Meiko don't see to be involved.
    If they are not even drawn in the tri art style, the likelihood of tri specific characters showing up is basically zero.

Half the pictures seem like Tri style tho

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Half the pictures seem like Tri style tho
    None of them do. Some of the higher Level Digmon are drawn with more detail than usual but that is how they have been drawn for fancy occasions (album covers come to mind) for years before tri even existed. tri didn't invent detail.
    As for the actual stylistic ticks that tri introduced in any of its three associated art styles... there is no trace of them in those images. They don't have the smoothed out, more flowing style of Uki's promotional artwork. They also don't look like the spiced up more angular and differently proportioned style used in other official artwork. And of course there is also nothing looking like the actual animation style with its highly varied line strength.
    And none of the actual designs retain their new tri design tweaks. None of the Child Digimon have their tri proportions. None of the armored Digimon feature the additional ornaments and more mechanical looking armor parts. Angewomon's ear decorations are of their pre-tri size. Seraphimon's helmet doesn't end where his hairline would be. Hououmon's lower beak/jaw doesn't come to a point, and so on and so forth, I could go on like that for pretty much all designs.

I mean, Hercules and Vikemon have been drawn in "old style", so there's no stopping Meiko.

I'm a Maniac
    Has Toei Animation actually gone and adopted the 'DigiDestined' thing from the dub?
    Cool poster. It's a little deflating to see them actually try and hype people over individual art though. There are fan artists, especially on Pixiv, that pump out insane quality Digimon illustrations, even group ones, too little or no fan fare.
    Last edited by Piers; 02-23-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piers View Post
    Has Toei Animation actually gone and adopted the 'DigiDestined' thing from the dub?
    Cool poster. It's a little deflating to see them actually try and hype people over individual art though. There are fan artists, especially on Pixiv, that pump out insane quality Digimon illustrations, even group ones, too little or no fan fare.
    they've used it plenty

...also, all the dub names on the digivice screens during Tri

They've used "Joe" and the dub crest names a few times too