With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypnos Meeting 2019 Event with Tamers and Xros Wars (Manga) Guests in March

Hypnos Meeting 2019 Event with Tamers and Xros Wars (Manga) Guests in March

Another event!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We don't always cover the more fancentric events in various countries for a number of reasons, but we do try and go over them occasionally, especially when there are Digimon guests attending/involved.

Hypnos Meeting 2019 will be March 17th, 2019 at the Loft Plus One in Shinjuku. It's described as a talk and live music event for creators and tamers.

Doors open at 12:30pm and the event begins at 1pm.

The event will have a talk portion and a live music portion. It will be hosted by Makibishi Endo from Japanese fansite Digital Mado, who is also organizing the event.

There will be a number of Digimon related guests...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The talk portion will feature Chiaka Konaka, series composer and writer for Digimon Tamers, and Yuki Nakashima, mangaka of the Digimon Xros Wars manga.

During the talk they will answer various questions regarding their work on the Digimon franchise. Questions can be sent in from this form.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The music portion will feature Michihiko Ohta, composer of a number of Digimon songs and the singer of SLASH!! from Digimon Tamers, and Grani, an anisong duo that performs live renditions of anime and Digimon songs.

Tickers are on sale now at ePlus. Advance tickets are 2,500 yen, tickets the day of the event will be 3,000 yen. There is a minimum 1 500 yen drink purchase.

Thanks to shin and Ayushi for some translations.

More details to come hopefully!
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

The group/meeting is called hypnos, thatís awesome

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Hopefully it wonít put everyone to sleep.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Yuki Nakashima!!! (crying loudly like a fanboy) This guy has my total respects. It's not a secret the XW Manga is my favourite Digimon story and adaptation, and being able to interact with him (if overseas fans are allowed to) makes me wish to attend so bad. Also something from the genius Konaka is always welcome. Looking forward to it!! Hope we could get any translation from the highlights of the event rather sooner than later.

I come from the net
    So that's what Konaka looks like. Makes sense. But this is awesome really.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    So that's what Konaka looks like. Makes sense. But this is awesome really.
    Yeah he looks like a total bohemian lol I've just send my question in English to Yuki Nakashima. First of all, I tried to convey all my gratitude for his amazing manga, and also I couldn't find anything left I could ask about it (everything is perfectly tied up tbh). So instead I asked him if he would like to work again in any Digimon related material.

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Hopefully it wonít put everyone to sleep.
    , ha nice, or open any portals to another world

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Pretty damn cool. Itís great to see both Konaka poking his head out again as well as Nakashima keeping in touch with the franchise. Theyíre honestly the two people who have written for DIGIMON in whose opinions Iím most interested, since they more than anyone else were masters of reinterpreting the existing mythos.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    So that's what Konaka looks like. Makes sense.
    Yeah I had the same thought.

I come from the net
    Glad we agreed. But hey, some people really look like what you think they might when you look at their work. Like Lovecraft and Geiger.

It seems they will accept questions even if they are not in Japanese, altough there's the chance they cannot understand well the content of the message itslef, but hey we overseas fans are also being acknowledged

Source: https://twitter.com/digimado/status/1096777860130299904

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast