With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Preview of Internal Art from Frontier Blu-ray Box, Plus a few more Updates

Preview of Internal Art from Frontier Blu-ray Box, Plus a few more Updates

And some fun news.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The release of the Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box is just under 2 months away and we get to see more artwork!

The new piece of art shows the kids and a Trailmon Worm at a station, and has little bits of personality showing for each kid, with each of them getting some focus.

The artwork should end up on the first digistack inside the outer box. Assuming it's presented as prior sets have, the side with Takuya, Kouji, and Kouichi will be the front, with Izumi, Junpei, and Tomoki on the back.

This continues the theme of the first digistack in Digimon TV Blu-ray boxes featuring the characters in a more casual image.

Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru, character designer for Frontier (and Adventure, 02, Tamers, and the upcoming Adventure 20th film), drew this new artwork.

Also...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Another preview of the new art for the Yodabashi store exclusive, which will be a B2 size fabric poster and tote bag. They've previewed the new artwork with Fairymon and Shutumon before, but this appears to be it's final composition, with slightly tweaked positioning and a Frontier logo added.

The new Fairymon and Shutmon image is by Setsuko Nobuzane, an animation director and animator for much of the early days of the franchise.

Pre-orders are available for the Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box. It will be available April 2nd, 2019 for 53,800 yen. Early versions of the box will include the new Frontier audio drama: (Affiliate link)
    Digimon Frontier Blu-ray Box

We hope to do a breakdown of this release like we do for many media releases, including last year's Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box. If you are able to, donating or joining our Patreon can be a big help.

Previous news on the Frontier Blu-ray box can be found here, including a look at the outer box, and the currently running fan vote for favorite Frontier episode.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    It sucks that this series never got a VHS release.

I come from the net
    Those are nice pictures. And a good exclusive. heh heh ...What was the other exclusive? Is there one?

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Such a nice tribute to one of the original DVD covers:
    Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)
    A really like how Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru style has evolved through time!!

This new Fairymon & Shutumon artwork is in fact slightly different from the original one apart from the tweaked positioning and a Frontier logo added, also the color scheme:
    Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)
    I personally prefer the first one, while amazing any way or another

Trailmon Worm shows up in a number of Frontier images because he's a known element that showed up in an important fashion, it isn't meant to homage a prior cover, it's why he was used on prior images in the first place.

And as for the Fairymon image... color schemes as given in the images isn't a color change, rather it's just been rendered out differently for digital screens. They are samples, they aren't digital artwork that's been finished for viewing on a monitor.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Trailmon Worm shows up in a number of Frontier images because he's a known element that showed up in an important fashion, it isn't meant to homage a prior cover, it's why he was used on prior images in the first place.
    Well yeah, I mean a tribute to Trailmon Worm as an iconic Digimon in Frontier if you will (?) I thought it was an interesting touch though.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    And as for the Fairymon image... color schemes as given in the images isn't a color change, rather it's just been rendered out differently for digital screens. They are samples, they aren't digital artwork that's been finished for viewing on a monitor.
    Maybe it's only me, but I see the original one quite more bright and colourful. I wonder if the tweaking thing is a matter of censorship on Shutumon's groin.

I wish frontier would get a “tri” equilvilant with a good lucemon showing up or a new tamers