With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: DigiFes 2019 Announced!

DigiFes 2019 Announced!

Time for an early surprise!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

DigiFes is back for 2019, the 20th anniversary of Digimon Adventure. The Digimon Adventure Festival has been a yearly event to celebrate Digimon since 2014 (renamed last year since it was a bit of a different event), but for 2019 it's back to the original name.

DigiFes 2019 will be July 28th, 2019 at the Maihama Amphitheater.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

A massive theater with seating for over 2,100 people, it's the largest venue for DigiFes yet!

They aren't announcing any guests yet, but they confirm Digimon series cast, staff, and musicians will be there to talk and perform.

The Digimon Adventure 20th Twitter teases it as the biggest event they've ever held.

They also point out the new project, the 'theatrical version' anime has already been announced and to look forward to the next report from them!

More details, including the time of the event, will hopefully be announced soon.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    so does this mean that the new adventure anime probably won't come out this year then??

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Hopefully Survive is already out or has a release date by then lol. Or we get info before this. I'd hate to have to wait six more months for info.

Whatever the matter I'm looking forward to whatever stuff they announce there. Or looking forward to them announcing stuff that is.

Follow KiriGuy On Twitter
    Im assuming well get the new movie around September or October time then with a big preview at DigiFes, For all we know they could also announce something new like a new TV series (Tamers 2 please?) or possibly another adventure movie series to continue after the next movie, Looking forward to it though.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Looking forward to it.

I come from the net
    Whoa. That is huge. Hope this goes really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Whoa. That is huge. Hope this goes really well.
    Ditto! I just hope that their budget doesn't go to waste over this.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by KiriGuy View Post
    Im assuming well get the new movie around September or October time then with a big preview at DigiFes, For all we know they could also announce something new like a new TV series (Tamers 2 please?) or possibly another adventure movie series to continue after the next movie, Looking forward to it though.
    Tamers 2 is impossible for now, Imai Yuka has been retired.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Tamers 2 is impossible for now, Imai Yuka has been retired.
    Ignoring that it's been made quite clear the companies involved have no interest in a Tamers 2 at the moment, an actor retiring isn't really a roadblock.

She was written out for an audio drama.

If more Tamers was done at some point she would likely simply be recast. Writing around her being on hiatus was done because it was an anniversary special audio drama. It's relatively unlikely that would be done if at some point they simply 'do more'.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.