With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: help! Digimon-related places in Tokyo

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook

Red face help! Digimon-related places in Tokyo

Heya!

Just letting you know that I will be travelling to Japan on my own in a few months for holidays. I'm a very big Digimon fan and I really would like to use this opportunity to visit Digimon related places (in Tokyo). All I know so far is Odaiba and can someone let me know more on those digimon-related places so I can plan ahead and actually visit them with a lot of nostalgia

Cheers!!

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Odaiba's always fun for Adventure location spotting. From there you can also spot Tokyo Tower which was featured in at least one episode.

There's also Shinjuku, where Tamers was set. Shinjuku Central Park is where Guilmon lived, and right next to that is the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building where Hypnos was based - which is really funny in retrospect. South of Shinjuku is Shibuya, the real world setting of Frontier and an episode of Adventure.

A little to the north west of Shinjuku is Nakano, home to Nakano Broadway, as featured in Cyber Sleuth. Sadly there is no detective agency like in the game, but in its place is a shop selling bags. There's apparently a lot of Digimon merch to be found in the Mandarake stores here, but be mindful of the fact that many of them don't open until midday.

Further north west in Nerima, and at the end of the Toei Oedo Line is Hikarigaoka, also known as Heighton View Terrace in the dub. I didn't get a chance to visit when I went, but apparently there's not much to do there besides seeing where Greymon and Parrotmon clashed. But two miles west of that is the Toei Animation Museum.

Hope that helps!

Completely digital
    about Tamers, hope this can help you.
    http://konaka.com/alice6/tamers/location.html

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Thanks for that! Really appreciate it! Btw are there any digimon related events around end of May and beginning of June? I'd love to be there for some of them if possible...