With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Various Digimon DVDs Now Out Of Print

Various Digimon DVDs Now Out Of Print

A Digimon DVD update...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Thanks to information from Shawne Kleckner, CEO of anime retailer Right Stuf, we can confirm various Digimon DVDs from Cinedigm are now out of print.

Responding to being asked about the DVDs for Tamers, Frontier, and Data Squad not being on the Right Stuf website anymore, he responded that the manufacturer (Cinedigm) has them listed as out of print.

At the moment we aren't sure if this also applies to Season 1 and 2 (Adventure and 02) and both seasons of Fusion, which are still listed at Right Stuf and in stock at most stores. We are waiting on a few different inquiries to find out.

This would almost certainly include the Digimon Seasons 1 thru 4 DVD set going out of print.

Various retailers still have them in stock at the moment, so if you want them, now may be a good time to nab whatever seasons you want.

All the Digimon TV DVDs are still orderable at Amazon at the moment: (affiliate links)
    Digimon Season 1 (Adventure)
    Digimon Season 2 (Zero-Two)
    Digimon Season 3 (Tamers)
    Digimon Season 4 (Frontier)
    Digimon Season 1 thru 4 Boxset
    Digimon Data Squad
    Digimon Fusion Season 1
    Digimon Fusion Season 2

In addition, them going out of print appears to be happening right around right now.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Amazon shows they are almost out of stock on Frontier, but expecting a shipment soon.

It's shaping up to be last chance for many (all?) of these, so you might want to grab them soon if you've been waiting.

Thanks to CCTakato for the heads up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

That's kind of a bummer. I have everything but Fusion, which I wasn't as interested in buying as there wasn't a bluray release. Almost makes me want to go ahead and get it just to be safe. I do wonder if anyone else will pick up the license down the road.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    This is kinda concerning...I don't know how the USA market works, but what can the implications of this can be for the future of Digimon in the West?

Visit Flamon's Youtube Channel Add Flamon on Steam Add Flamon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    This is kinda concerning...I don't know how the USA market works, but what can the implications of this can be for the future of Digimon in the West?
    I have always been under the impression that once it slips out of the top ratings, unless it rebounds the franchise is likely to slip into the wayside due to marketing cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamon View Post
    I have always been under the impression that once it slips out of the top ratings, unless it rebounds the franchise is likely to slip into the wayside due to marketing cuts.
    That tends to be only be true when it comes to a volume by volume release. You don't really try and market catalog titles on an ongoing basis, unless you are marketing a 'bunch' of catalog titles at a time (or related titles.)

These are titles that have been out for years at this point. Even if you take into account Fusion, the newest release is 3 years old, with the newest of the pre-Fusion release (Data Squad) being half a decade old.

At some point you do one more printing and move on and/or the license expires.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

They didn't include the Japanese version so I didn't intend to get them.