With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon New Year's Play Images! Everything Adventure to Appmon! Update- tri./Hunters

Digimon New Year's Play Images! Everything Adventure to Appmon! Update- tri./Hunters

Been waiting to post these...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

When the Bandai Digimon Twitter started posting a stack of anime themed New Year's 'game' images (activities kids and others might do on New Year's in Japan) it seemed like it'd be fun to wait and post them all at once, even if it took a week and a half for them to all show up.

These are all by Soh Moriyama, as the Digimon social media art has generally been, and the theme isn't just New Year's activities, but going thru the history of the Digimon anime, which make it extra fun!

We're including short basic descriptions of the activities, but not going into deep detail on them, but feel free to look up more about them if you want.

The first, at the top, using Digimon Adventure, is Agumon and Gabumon playing Menko, basically a type of pog/card type game. The Adventure card would also be the tri. card, which doesn't get it's own as it's generally used as a brand extension of Adventure (in the same way that the show tie in films don't get images.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The second, using Digimon Adventure 02, is V-mon and Wormmon playing with a kite that's themed after Paildramon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Next up, using Digimon Tamers, is Renamon and Culumon playing Otedama, think beanbag juggling or jacks, with some familiar looking beanbags...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

At the halfway point we get Digimon Frontier, with Agnimon and Wolfmon playing Hanetsuki, which is similiar to badminton.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Then we get a bit of a surprise with X-Evolution! Dorumon and Tokomon X-Evolution are playing temari, a handball game.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A bit of a calmer activity for Digimon Savers! Agumon and Gaomon are doing kakizome, the first calligraphy of the year, which generally has to do with what someone finds favorable or important. Agumon has written aniki and Gaomon has written master, although Agumon has had some problems...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We're almost done and here is Xros Wars! Greymon is playing daruma otoshi. You use a small hammer (or in Greymon's case his tail) to hit the color pieces without letting the head piece fall. The head piece is DarkKnightmon, and all the color pieces have the symbols of the Death Generals on them. Hunters doesn't get it's own card, as Hunters is treated as a third arc to Xros rather than it's own show.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

And last up is Appmon! Gatchmon, Dokamon, and Musimon are playing karuta, a card game based on grabbing certain cards before your opponent.

It's a fantastic set of 8 images posted over a week and a half to celebrate the new year! Going over the entire history of the Digimon anime gives a wide range of fun characters and activities to see!

Update- And we have a surprise 9th image!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A post New Year's play image featuring tri. and Hunters, who didn't get New Year's play images! Meicoomon from tri. has fallen asleep under the warm kotatsu while ChoˇHakkaimon from Hunters is resting at the kotatsu while eating citrus fruit.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    haha...in a way these images summed up their respective seasons pretty well XD

I say the Digimon X-evolution movie is a surprise. I thought they are only going to do the anime, and not a movie. I hope now they bring up a real season on the X-antibody Digimon. They already have 4 natural carriers that can be for the tamers.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I mostly shocked they mentioned the fact Appmon exists.

The art is cute. especially Tokomon X. I glad the drought is over. we were all worried.

I also like the reference to the dark generals

I'm a Maniac
    While it's a spin-off Digimon series, Appmon is still a Digimon series. It's also not the first time the Bandai twitter has posted cartoons featuring Appmon, nor is it the first time Appmon has been counted among the mainstream Digimon series.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I'm really happy this exists!! It made me excited to know who was going to be the next one and now is over...Anyways, my favourite should be the one from Xros Wars. It's really unexpected and fun at the same time. Wonder why they skipped Hunters and tri. though. By the way, how do we know Soh Moriyama is behind all those illustrations? He's really active in social media, so I'd be really glad ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Wonder why they skipped Hunters and tri. though.
    Read the article for an explanation.

By the way, how do we know Soh Moriyama is behind all those illustrations? He's really active in social media, so I'd be really glad ^^
    His profile for the Pendulum artbook interview mentions it.

He also tweeted about it, seemingly only willing to confirm it since the book had the information.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add DazzleDream on Steam
    They're really nice! Wormmon hanging onto the kite is really cute!

I come from the net
    Well isn't all this just freaking adorable. I think I knew of a lot of these or at least heard of them once. Great stuff. Thanks.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Removed a couple of posts. Read the article as Marc mentioned in post 7 and you get your answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast