With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Season 1 Keyrings Coming Soon

Digimon Season 1 Keyrings Coming Soon

New products in the US!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Monogram Direct has announced blind bag Digimon keyrings will be coming soon.

We first got an inkling of these awhile back, but at the time it wasn't clear if this was an actual product or a pitch. (It was quite awhile ago, with no article, since it wasn't clear if it was a cancelled pitch, etc. at the time.)

But they're coming out soon! We're waiting on more details, but here is what we know at the moment.

These are figure keyring/keychains on a chain, with 9 available as normal (the 8 partner Digimon and the digivice) with DemiDevimon and Elecmon as chase/mystery releases for a total of 11.

The art above appears to be flat renders of the keyrings, as images of releases for this product line appear properly 3d.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A photo of the Kakashi one from Monogram's Naruto version of what appears to be the same series of keyrings.

Monogram's page does list them as being part of the 3d line (still showing the general character art). Although we don't know exactly what the Digimon ones will look like at the moment, as flat keychains with some some 3d-ness aren't uncommon.

The MSRP for each blind bag should be $7 and they'll begin to show up on shelves later this month.

Overall they look nice, although the flat rendering of the images doesn't benefit Agumon's face, who almost appears more akin to a live action Mario movie Goomba.

Assuming they are in fact fully 3d, it'll be nice to see how they look from various angles and what kind of details appear.

Hopefully more info to come and we will update once we hear back.

Update- Made the mention of us not being sure 'what' kind of 3d these are more prominent.

Update- Added some information provided by Monogram about the price and release period.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Red shirt
    Ugh with blind bags. I just want a dang digivice without having to buy a bunch and hope.

Four Dark Lords. Hundreds of monsters. Five teens. One huge adventure.
    An anime-inspired web serial updated weekly.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I'm surprised to see Elecmon and DemiDevimon. Nice they included others, although if they're doing rookies - where's Chuumon!?

and yeah I was also thinking the Agumon one looks really bad

I'm mostly surprised to see a western product lol

Although I do agree the blind bag format is stupid

Oooh, I like that Elecmon one.

I'm not normally a fan of DemiDevimon, but he looks nice as a keyring. Blind bags though, eh? Pass.

I want ALL Of these!!

I need Palmon, Demi Devimon, and Elecmon they're so cute!

That said... I wish Elecmon could have stayed a quadruped. He looks so weird on two legs. Plus this blind bag junk is really annoying. :\ Just let people buy what they want, is that really so hard? It's not like they aren't gonna grope the blind bags to get what they want anyways.
    ☾🍄Virus-Types are awesome!🍄☽
    ​Avatar drawn by me... yeeeears ago.
    My Digimon Line: Nyokimon > Tanemon > Floramon >Sunflowmon > Blossomon > Lotusmon

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceFox View Post
    I need Palmon, Demi Devimon, and Elecmon they're so cute!

That said... I wish Elecmon could have stayed a quadruped. He looks so weird on two legs. Plus this blind bag junk is really annoying. :\ Just let people buy what they want, is that really so hard? It's not like they aren't gonna grope the blind bags to get what they want anyways.
    Him standing seems to be standard now, its what his Cyber Sleuth sprite is

also they spelled Patamon as Patomon and Elecmon as Elecomon and Tentomon as Tentamon lol
    Last edited by Muur; 01-04-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Aaaah these keychains are amazing

So it seems Piemon decided to go into business and make use of that magical power

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Just in time for the show’s 20th anniversary in the USA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast