With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Help recognizing a (maybe) fake D-Scanner i bought

Ain't got no mojo...

Help recognizing a (maybe) fake D-Scanner i bought

I'm new, but the formalities I'll leave them for later, I don't have time. So in short, I'm a semi-periodic visitor of this site; I never subbed cause I never felt the need to, but this time is a necessity, and maybe a good opportunity to start being an active member perhaps, I'd be most pleased to join. And we know the best relationships start with the most critical encounters; Well it happen that I won an auction fo a used D-Tector (JAP red, you know that). Price is good for a used piece of plastic in that conditions, and so i joined, and won. Now, after years of ebay sniping I started getting some experienced eye in thoroughly checking the pictures of things I wanna land my hands on, and brothers I lie you not, this was one piece of thailandic trust! I couldn't find no trace of any sort of fakeness. But I patiently waited to the auction's end to speak with our guy. This seller answered to my question "I know that's the jap one, but is it a korean repack" (asked caused the back serial was printed onto the kor ones, never seen a jap serial), with this "ye its jap but it was made in china". This threw my mind in a downward spiral of doubt culminating in my ultimate disbelief in any thing that's related with God and Its lies. I don't believe in your promises anymore... God. Anyway, in this moment of despair I was greeted with the Lord's agent call, a flebile cry that only the most desperate minds can hear, it was a gentle phrase I recognized, floating weightlessly in the fragile sea of silence, it was saying "Go ask at With the Will, and don't start sermones of your usual narrative, cunt".

So here I am, guided by the divine in this most dark time.

Ah I don't know how post pics so I'll need aid in that too.

Bye =)

Image Thumbnail

Image Thumbnail
    https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/LBUAA...Pv/s-l1600.jpg
    Last edited by Mommy; 01-02-2019 at 11:49 AM.

https://withthewill.net/threads/1477...tleg-digivices This topic says there are no fake Version 1s or 2s, so you should be safe. All Digivices and V-Pets are made in China, so that's not a red flag. I'm not a D-Scanner expert, but everything looks okay to me.
    Procrastinator (n)-A person who

(Signature to be finished later)

Ain't got no mojo...
    On a better thought, there's no reason to believe it's fake, but when buying used products I get pitifully obsessive.
    Well I say case closed then, Thank you.

I want to note anyway, that there are in fact fake dscanner 1 and 2, and they hold the brand name of "Supmon"; When bought new, their counterfeit condition is easely noticeable, but turned off and opened they are decent fake. However I don't need to tell you that they're not perfect, looking at the buttons.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ZG8AAOSw~uhUpUvy/s-l300.jpg
    Last edited by Mommy; 01-05-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Ain't got no mojo... perignonic's Avatar
    Follow perignonic On Twitter Add perignonic on Facebook Add perignonic on Steam
    Looks real to me.

All Digimon V-pets or Digimons are made in china anyways.

EDIT: I have the exact same D-scanner as you and the buttons are of the same colour as well, so, it's the real thing, even the back 'serial' sticker thingy is the same as mine

Ain't got no mojo...
    I received it, finally. All seem to be fine but the main feature of the system. I tryied scanning a barcode, actually I attempted in scanning many, I even printed a PDF with the originals, but it always give an error.
    However, the training goes fine, so the laser isn't broken, I don't understand.

EDIT: I playied around with it and I can now tell with confidence, that the scans goes succesful most of the times, what I don't understand at this point is all regarding the mechanics; I can't choose forms in battles other then rookie and hybrid.
    Also, I print the famous pdf about all the major scans, and non of those works. This is what bugged me at the beginning but now I start to see the fault is on the printing, it is only a bit off on every barcode so i guess the scan fall corrupted because of the bad image/print.
    Last edited by Mommy; 02-01-2019 at 02:11 PM.

I come from the net DarkTamer Steph's Avatar
    Add DarkTamer Steph on Facebook
    There are definitely fakes of the V1 and V2 out there- the first D-Scanner I bought was a fake under the brand "DigiKing".

Also, you can't pick Digimon beyond Rookie or Hybrid until you've cleared so many battles or scanned in so many Digimon.