With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Does anyone know about this Bootleg Digimon V-Pet?

Follow Talegas On Twitter Add Talegas on DeviantArt

Does anyone know about this Bootleg Digimon V-Pet?

I found this on instagram and searched it on Ebay, it has the same design as the Digimon Pendulum but slightly but has the same color from the Wave 2 for Digimon Pendulum 20th version.

I'm curious if anyone has own this and how is it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Electr...LGg:rk:28:pf:0

Just a generic V-Pet with colors taken/styled after various Pendulums (to differing degrees) with a 'similiar but legally distinct from' Pendulum style shell rather than being an 'actual' bootleg Digimon V-Pet.

It's the type of thing that shops and smaller toy companies will buy in bulk and provide their own/custom packaging and often name for.

It's become easy to buy things in bulk that many people will order a reasonable amount of them with freight shipping (or drop shipping), pay $3 to 4 each, sell for roughly $5 to 8 with no (or generic) packaging, and make a small tidy profit.

Nothing overly interesting minus them taking 'inspiration' from the Pendulum shell.

Realistically it's going to be cheap trash akin to a Famiclone/NOAC.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I think there are a few Youtube videos of it already?
    I would buy one to mess around with if bootlegging wasn't super unethical and illegal.
    From the video i saw it seems like a generic tamagotchi like vet.

I come from the net DarkTamer Steph's Avatar
    Add DarkTamer Steph on Facebook
    Not to necropost or anything but I actually have this and figured the reply is worth it.

This is branded "Distal-4" (the name being a portmanteau of Digital Crystal) and is seemingly based on a cartoon. It plays more like a Digivice than a V-Pet and has a battle system. You can play three minigames to boost your "Crystal Fighter", and you can buy weapons in a shop with points you get from winning battles and playing minigames.

There are six arenas with surprisingly detailed enemies, and you can evolve your partner by using a crystal item that's sold in the shop.

Sound quality is superb, and has actual chiptune songs that have a pretty good range.

The animations are incredibly smooth for it being a cheap little device. When you pull the tab, the screen is black, then you see a crystal shining, which lights up the "darkness". There's a kid with goggles reaching for the crystal, and your little character appears.

It's pretty nifty for a $4 pet.

Follow Airdramon On Twitter Visit Airdramon on XBox Live
    GOd it's so cute. I kinda want one.

It looks more unique than other bootlegs.
    "I'm stylin' dude!"

My Digimon Podcast
    Support the show!
    | RedBubble | Ko-Fi | Patreon | PayPal |

Yeah, I've seen some videos for this. Personally I'd call it more of a knockoff than bootleg. It doesn't look bad for its price at all.

Red shirt
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTamer Steph View Post
    This is branded "Distal-4" (the name being a portmanteau of Digital Crystal) and is seemingly based on a cartoon.
    I wanna watch that, but I don't think there's any footage online.... (I could be wrong though.)

It sort of reminds me of a series I discovered in 2014 that takes more inspiration of Digimon than Pokemon, and I spread it's existence through a wiki...
    Last edited by DPTronazel; 03-29-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Does it connect? Or are the battles a self contained game?
    Anything of note about the fighting style it uses? It seems kind of cute.

I'm getting a red one, just on an impulse buy because I have been having dreams of unheard of virtual pets and it's giving me some weird feels. I can answer any questions in a month (Why is shipping so long?) when I get it.

I've actually been open to the idea that unbranded vpets and digivices could be really amazing in their own right so expect another post later on.

EDIT: Does anyone have any more info on the cartoon this pet was based on?
    Last edited by ChaoCobo; 05-17-2019 at 11:45 PM.