With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Images of Adventure 20th Anniversary Display at Jump Festa

Images of Adventure 20th Anniversary Display at Jump Festa

More Adventure 20th stuff already!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We knew the art would be on display at Jump Festa and we have our first shot of it!

Toei has put up a big display with the new 20th designs surrounded by screenshots from Adventure and 02. The display is in the Toei booth, and for the moment we don't know if anything is on display on the other side.

The 20th designs themselves are being discussed in their own thread here.

Figure updates from Jump Festa are being discussed here.

Thanks to dz0626mn for the photo.

Hopefully we get some more shots of the display, along with clean art of the designs soon!

Update- A few photos of 'around' the display from the Adventure staff account.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

They also point out rain is expected both days, so bring an umbrella if you are going to Jump Festa.

Update- Mantan Web has posted a few very nice photos of the display wall.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Update- A pretty good front shot from 2minku6.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Random observation but I wonder if the binary code in the character portraits mean anything...

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    Random observation but I wonder if the binary code in the character portraits mean anything...
    It's digimon so probably those 8 will go into digital world once more...

*Squints*
    Hey look guys the 02 kids!

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    No pics of Tri? weird. I guess because it's not the same artist?

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    First public display at Jump Festa is meant to catch the eye of anyone who happens to be walking around who saw it 20 years ago.

At this point fans who follow the franchise already know about it (which is why they did a 'series to series' type thing in the V-Jump display.)

Part of Toei's stated goal from a few months ago was that the 'next' thing branch out further than just fans, part of that would include trying to grab people who were fans from 20 years ago, and might be wandering around a big event like Jump Festa, but might not be aware Adventure ever came back.

And having the art consistency of one designer for the first public display (as you mentioned) helps with that.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Updated with some more images.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    First public display at Jump Festa is meant to catch the eye of anyone who happens to be walking around who saw it 20 years ago.

At this point fans who follow the franchise already know about it (which is why they did a 'series to series' type thing in the V-Jump display.)

Part of Toei's stated goal from a few months ago was that the 'next' thing branch out further than just fans, part of that would include trying to grab people who were fans from 20 years ago, and might be wandering around a big event like Jump Festa, but might not be aware Adventure ever came back.

And having the art consistency of one designer for the first public display (as you mentioned) helps with that.
    Hmm fair enough I suppose, though if they jump right into the new movie things might be confusing. I guess maybe they wont jump onto the lingering mentions of Tri.

Then again... everyone knows who Diaboromon and Daemon are I suppose lol

It does seem a little jarring to me, not to have Tri on there, but I understand.

But I still think maybe they'd also wanna push some Tri DVDs and stuff, but maybe this isnt the event to do so? I'll go with what you said.

for the display, I think the art looks better when we can see each notkid on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    it's screenshots of them from the last episode of adventure when apocalymon explodes.

Pretty sure it's just there for aesthetic and make the characters easily recognizable.

Some relatively nice and clean images of the display have been added.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast