With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Sleuth Delisted from Playstation Store

Cyber Sleuth Delisted from Playstation Store

Well this is disappointing...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth is no longer listed on the North American Playstation Store.

The game was available digitally for both Playstation 4 and Playstation Vita via the store since it's release in 2016.

When searching the North American Playstation Store Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hackers Memory is still listed for both systems, and Digimon World: Next Order is still listed for Playstation 4.

The Vita version of Cyber Sleuth was digital only, but the PS4 version was released physically and is still available, and on sale at Amazon: (affiliate link)
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth for Playstation 4

Hacker's Memory for Playstation 4 is also available physically and is on sale: (affiliate link)
    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hackers Memory for Playstation 4

At the moment it isn't clear if the removal of the games digitally is temporary, permanent, etc. and whether the physical PS4 version might go out of print.

Thanks to various people for sending this in.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    For people who still want the game digitally:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...CSBERSLEUTHD01

It's currently on sale in the EU (UK version), for £9 until the 18th of January. It's possible then that afterwards the EU will kill it off like the US have so if you want it, it "might" be the last time you can pick it up.

Getting the EU version also comes with all the DLC as well, so that's a nice bonus.

People in the US can get it if you make a EU account. Then you can play it on your US account, provided you set your EU account as the "home" account. If you do to this, be sure to get a EU Hackers Memory as well so you can transfer your save file.

edit: here's the PSV version, which is also on sale but at £6. https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/...CSBERSLEUTHD01
    Last edited by Muur; 12-20-2018 at 05:51 PM.

This is concerning. I hope this is only temporary and the game becomes available again soon, but I canít even imagine why this would happen in the first place.

It isn't really new for Bandai, they delisted All-Star Rumble in Europe at the least, and from what I read elsewhere they've delisted games from Naruto, One Piece, DBZ and Jojo in the past. Cyber Sleuth is a weird one to do though, its like the main game people buy now so unless they really want people to buy HM, and maybe too many people were buying CS, meaning they weren't getting as much money, so killed it off in favour of HM. Whatever the matter, it's a worry yes - like, it could effect Survive for example.

I'm a Maniac
    This is such an odd thing. What could the benefit of delisting digital products be? I'd imagine getting your games listed would only cost once (if at all for a big company) for a permanent listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmon View Post
    This is such an odd thing. What could the benefit of delisting digital products be? I'd imagine getting your games listed would only cost once (if at all for a big company) for a permanent listing.
    There's also having to pay or online servers, so maybe no one was using them in the US so they just pulled the game, but then they should've just removed the ability to fight online if that was the case.

Bandai US, EU, and SEA all seem to be different branches and independent of each other and its pretty weird.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    That has to stink.

I come from the net
    That sucks and is also weird. But Sony has been weird recently. In various levels of weird.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    This is so sad. I mean, Cyber Sleuth marked the new era of Digimon games coming again to the West after Digimon World Championship. The only reason I can think of is in order to promote Hacker's Memory sales. There are still many people that don't understand they are completely different games and stories.

Ain't got no mojo... Astrothunder's Avatar
    Is there any chance that Toei might be to blame for this? They've been throwing a fit over DBFZ lately and getting tournaments cancelled.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast