With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary Digimon Adventure Character Designs from V-Jump!, Updated!

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Usually when a trait contributes to a dark evolution happening in any capacity that's the show's way of telling the audience that someone needs to sort their shit out.
    In this case, I don't think the writers were trying to criticize this behavior. After all, she was so vulnerable, because her brother dissapear in a terrible way.

In Part 6, Dark Gennai is the only tormenting and accusing her. So, I don't think the writers really want to criticize her "innocence".

Which from a standpoint of innocence is an an almost complete impossibility.
    Of course. Even Tri's director has said he doesn't want a easy solution to the conflict.

However, I don't think they were trying to criticize her behavior.
    Last edited by Kon; 12-24-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Not sure how to feel how them getting older with each sequel. It overlaps with my theorie that it's going full-circle till we reach the 02 ending that I despise and erases the chance of further anniversary movies. Furthermore I hate the idea of Hikari still being linked and compared to Taichi repeatedly, she is a person on her own and it's about time she gets to show her strength (something I missed in the Tri movies).
    Last edited by Hikarix; 12-25-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Completely digital
    Regarding the character development in this film, 8 characters are a lot, so they would probably focus the development on one or two characters (likely Taichi and Yamato).

If there are other films, they may focus on other characters.

Usually when a trait contributes to a dark evolution happening in any capacity that's the show's way of telling the audience that someone needs to sort their shit out.
    Sure, but Ophanimon Falldown Mode was the result of blatant tampering by outside forces, whatever the Hell those outside forces were.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikarix View Post
    Furthermore I hate the idea of Hikari still being linked and compared to Taichi repeatedly, she is a person on her own and it's about time she gets to show her strength (something I missed in the Tri movies).
    Which is actually a useful function of the 02 cast, now that I think of it, putting Hikari in a context where Taichi isn't right there and so making it difficult for the writers to lump them together.
    Merry Christmas to the forum! A blessed Christmas Day to you and a blessed Christmas season to follow.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird C View Post
    Which is actually a useful function of the 02 cast, now that I think of it, putting Hikari in a context where Taichi isn't right there and so making it difficult for the writers to lump them together.
    Even with 02 cast, they linked Hikari with Taichi in 02.

At the end, regardless of the main cast, it will depends on whether the writers want to focus on her individually or not.

After all, they don't lump Takeru and Yamato together all the time, even when they are in the same team.
    Last edited by Kon; 12-27-2018 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Even with 02 cast, they linked Hikari with Taichi in 02.
    Sure, but there were also Ken and Miyako to develop her with; most of Hikari's development in 02 (not that there was much of it) was learning to stand on her own without Taichi or Takeru to look out for her. In tri. Hikari ended up just a helpless plot device.
    Merry Christmas to the forum! A blessed Christmas Day to you and a blessed Christmas season to follow.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Checks title, checks discussion, back on topic.

I hope Meicoomon is reborn.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Youkomon View Post
    I hope Meicoomon is reborn.
    They would need to have another reboot for that. Real world death.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird C View Post
    Sure, but there were also Ken and Miyako to develop her with; most of Hikari's development in 02 (not that there was much of it) was learning to stand on her own without Taichi or Takeru to look out for her. In tri. Hikari ended up just a helpless plot device.
    It is true that 02 has other characters that she can interact, but she was still relegated in her interactions. It only happened when it was necessary for the plot like the Jogress evolution (although I like episode 31).

In 02, there was an issue that Hikari depends too much on Taichi, but it wasn't mentioned or implied that she depends too much on Takeru. After all, one of her resolutions in 02 is that she could trust her friends (and it seems that she solved her problems depending on Miyako).

PS: I'm sorry, I didn't see the message that we should stop the discussion. Should I erase or edit the message?
    Last edited by Kon; 12-27-2018 at 06:44 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast