With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary Digimon Adventure Character Designs from V-Jump!, Updated!

Completely digital
    Mimi's clothing is so shit, considering it's 2010 and the way she dressed didn't represent 2010 trendy Japanese fashion. Meh, I guess the producers forgot the details about it. Also the faces look really similar to their pre teen stage, sure it looks good based on Nakatsuru's design, but their faces are like that they aren't growing older at all, just increasing height, still the samey one after several years. Probably coz they want the audience to be familiar with the faces, coz yeah nostalgia power, as usual :/

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Mimi's clothing is so shit, considering it's 2010 and the way she dressed didn't represent 2010 trendy Japanese fashion. Meh, I guess the producers forgot the details about it. Also the faces look really similar to their pre teen stage, sure it looks good based on Nakatsuru's design, but their faces are like that they aren't growing older at all, just increasing height, still the samey one after several years. Probably coz they want the audience to be familiar with the faces, coz yeah nostalgia power, as usual :/
    Yeah about that here's an example they could've gone with: http://tokyofashion.com/wp-content/u...1-Harajuku.jpg

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Yeah about that here's an example they could've gone with: http://tokyofashion.com/wp-content/u...1-Harajuku.jpg
    that wouldve been really cute

Did a weird red dress with a thick belt and a cowboy hat accurately represent the predominant fashion trends among Japanese grade schoolers in 1999?

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    A couple of pages back, Vande pointed out how Takeru's hat looks more like Tomoki's from Frontier, and now I can't think of anything else. It's pretty anachronistic imo. Really digging Koushiro's outfit; he sure looks like a real professional at, whatever it is he does, and it's a logical progression from that one outfit he wore in Determination. Taichi just doesn't seem right. If he's going to be a diplomat, then it looks more like he's on a holiday or something, which would explain the highly unusual and informal choice of clothes. Or maybe that's just what Japanese college kids wore in those days, the cool kids *shrugs*
    Yamato's top evokes all the nostalgia from Digimon Adventure, but he is slowly but surely growing into Hiroaki's son. He also wouldn't seem unusual wearing that right after he came back from space.
    Sora, well, she helped with the designs of the dress in Determination, and her awesome kimono is a logical progression along that path, onto a fashion designer. Hikari looks no different, aside from maybe a new hat.
    Jyou, the oldest of the bunch really did grow up to look an awful lot like his old man, and it's kinda bugging me. Mimi looks like a celebrity already! I sure hope I didn't miss out any of the kids.
    Now please, Toei, for the love of all that's holy, give us a grown up Zero Two gang! I wanna see my Ken-chan in his detective gear. A man can hope, right?

Completely digital
    I have noticed that Takeru's clothes (except the hat) are pretty similar to Yamato's clothes in the previous promo, but the colors are inverted:

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    They look perfectly consistent to me. Yamato's face is just shown from a slightly different angle than the rest, which accentuates his chin more. Besides that there's only Koushiro going back to more dot-like eyes but that's a design aspect that's small enough (and it's something often enough paired with "normal" anime eyes in the same show) that "from different animes" seems hyperbolic at best.
    It was hyperbolic to say they look "from different anime".

That said, the size proportions of the characters in the magazine are weird.

For example: Hikari's design looks bigger than Mimi and Sora in that image. However, their bodies will likely be more homogenous in the anime.
    Last edited by Theigno; 12-21-2018 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Double post merge... Also turned the image into a thumbnail.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Overall I like quite a lot this new designs, at least it seems more like a natural progression than the ones from tri. The girls do look a bit better than the boys. Mimi is probably ny favourite one, althought she seems like a teen mommy lol Takeru reminds me of a character from Professor Layton. Hikari and Taichi are the most casual among the group, and Yamato is the real looker here. Koshiro and Jou look like you would expect from them, and Sora is graceful, but kinda out of place at the same time. I have the feeling that I would be quite more hyped for this if tri. never existed.

If you think about it, is kind of a trend that the 'Lone Wolf' of each season looks better than the 'Goggle Boy'. Just think of Taiki and Kiriha in Young Hunters as the best example.
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 12-21-2018 at 05:41 AM.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    If you think about it, is kind of a trend that the 'Lone Wolf' of each season looks better than the 'Goggle Boy'. Just think of Taiki and Kiriha in Young Hunters as the best example.
    This is true.

Although Yamato is benefited by his current clothes (even with the same face, he doesn't look so good with his clothes in the previous promo). Also, the angle makes him look more stylized than the other males.

Last edited by Kon; 12-21-2018 at 05:57 AM.

I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised with how they all look, especially Koushiro's. I didn't expect his Adventure head on a suit like that.......but it works.

I'm just glad that Nakatsuru is back on board for the character design for a new Adventure follow-up. I feel it's necessary to see the progression on the looks of the chosen "children" from somebody that did design them in the first two series.

While the tri designs were refreshing, I'd take Nakatsuru's designs over Uki's any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    You can notice the design style between the characters looks pretty different. For example: Koushiro and Yamato seem from different animes (in itself, Yamato looks more stylized than the other characters).
    I can see where you're getting at. Yamato looks like straight out of an anime while Koushiro reminds me of artwork from one of the recent Digimon videogames.

Now on the subject of T.K........

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Takeru- NEW HAT!
    This was expected. It can't be him without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    is this is their sizes, then damn TK got massive
    Quote Originally Posted by sulmandinah View Post
    Damn T.K, you drink milk too much
    Takeru being taller might fit with his obsession with basketball....... that's if he still has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Takeru's hat reminds me of Tomoki's from Frontier lol.
    Now that you've mentioned it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreeluStromboli View Post
    I like how Takeru/T.K. looks like a European from around the 15th century.
    T.K. looks like some hippie from the San Francisco Bay Area to me. Don't ask me why.....but that's what I see.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by KoushiroIZZYIzumi View Post
    Takeru being taller might fit with his obsession with basketball....... that's if he still has one.
    He wasn't so obsessed with basketball in 02 (at least, not as obsessed as he is with the hats in Tri). He just like basketball

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast