With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th Anniversary Digimon Adventure Character Designs from V-Jump!, Updated!

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by ayushi View Post
    The line for Takeru literally reads 19 years. And yet he has grown taller than his adult older brother Yamato?
    Well, people have usually stopped growing when they are 19 (although anime could alter this). So, it was now or never.

Height difference is noticeable( or is it the photo thing) weird seeing them like this, Matt looks even better now (I liked first draft they've shown also, casual looks suits him), Tai's head is great looking but still he hasn't got the looks of a team leader, rather he looks like a Japanese fisherman or or something along those lines (must be those annoying shorts they kept for him ), Koushiro/Izzy has great suit (fits his character, but still it would've been even better with orange bussiness vest) but that haircut and eyes are to bland. Sora's design is perfection. Joe and Mimi have great designs, Hikari is done extremely well-notice similarity to tri design (probably tried to combine some elements

I still hope even this is a second draft version and they might end up changing aka improving upon the feedback for the installment (be it a single film, or series-fingers crossed for series)
    It will be interesting to see what will happen to digimon designs (preffered original season 1 improved designs over tri designs)

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by dgmn View Post
    I still hope even this is a second draft version and they might end up changing aka improving upon the feedback for the installment (be it a single film, or series-fingers crossed for series)
    It will be interesting to see what will happen to digimon designs (preffered original season 1 improved designs over tri designs)
    Yeah, these are designs in a magazine. So the designs will be somewhat different at the end.

You can notice the design style between the characters looks pretty different. For example: Koushiro and Yamato seem from different animes (in itself, Yamato looks more stylized than the other characters).

I suppose we will see a more homogeneous version between the characters in the future.

Sora is the only one thats kinda meh in my opinion but yay everyone else is great

Completely digital
    I found this on tumblr, the designs of Sora, Takeru and Hikari closer:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/943aca1c...ugmi1y_500.png

What really? Sora 's is the best for me. Mimi is a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadious View Post
    The designs are... Intriguing. Though regarding their CVs, will they retain their Tri voice actors and actresses?
    I don't believe casting has been announced yet. I'm praying for the original Adventure actors, but I fully expect the tri. cast.

I legitimately liked the character designs in tri. (although I don't think the films themselves did them justice very often), but having Nakatsuru back just feels right. And I truly don't think that stems from nostalgia, but maybe it does. I just feel like these are a more natural progression from the Adventure 02 designs than the tri. designs were.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Ain't got no mojo...
    Not really a fan of what they are wearing. Especially Mimi. She's dressed like she's a stay at home mom from the 70's. The designs are ok to me. I did like the designs in Tri more because it added something new and fresh to the franchise. I will wait to see how they look in motion though. Still excited about this however, Toei needs to drop a preview soon. DBS movie is out the way so come on Toei lets get this promo train rolling for Digimon and even that new Sailor Moon Movie haha.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Follow Maimishou On Twitter
    Honestly? I liked Tri's designs more. Mimi and Sora look way too similar and there's something off about the rest of the designs both in that they have awkward looking faces and their clothing is ugly. About the only ones that actually look good are Joe and Sora and even then, like I said earlier Mimi and Sora look too similar since Mimi now has Sora's hair color for some reason.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Takeru's hat reminds me of Tomoki's from Frontier lol.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast