With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frontier Behind the Scenes Details from Writer Hiro Masaki

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    Also, I don't recall them getting upgraded D-Scanners in Frontier.
    Ophanimon grants Takuya and Koji upgraded D-Scanners that allows them to channel the other Spirits to create KaiserGreymon and MagnaGarurumon. The upgraded devices weren't given a new name or anything, but they did get new altered designs.

Tamers never had truly "upgraded" D-Arcs, but Takato did get that fancy-looking gold one.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocifaptor View Post
    I don't recall them getting upgraded D-Scanners in Frontier. Like, in Savers, I know they got the Digivice Burst after the Digivice iC couldn't take the DigiSoul Charge of Ultimate Evolution, but I don't recall anything similar ever happening in Frontier, or for that matter Tamers.
    There you go:

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's not a big change but they did upgrade to allow for Hyper Spirit evolution. I don't believe the upgraded versions got a different name though.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Frontier turns 17 in 2019.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Now I'm tented to ask this guy if the Dukemon that appears in Akiba Market it's a Royal Knight (considering the concept was created for the continuity of Frontier), a cameo of Tamer's one, or just a random Dukemon.
    You realize of course, fans doing this is why Konaka stopped talking about Tamers right?

Maybe people should have a modicum of self control and not act like fools.

I don't even know why you'd 'want' to ask him about something random that basically meant nothing other than a cameo.

It's a random cameo, move on. You don't need to bother the guy.
    I finally decided to skip that question as you suggested, but I asked him instead another one which I find quite more interesting; I asked the guy if the other 4 Hybrid Fusion forms (JetSilphymon, RhinoKabuterimon, Daipenmon and Raihimon) were meant to appear at some point during the anime during the early production of Frontier, but he replied me he has no idea lol

I come from the net
    That's some great trivia. Thanks a lot. Always nice to hear about this series. Odd as it is compared.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Now I'm tented to ask this guy if the Dukemon that appears in Akiba Market it's a Royal Knight (considering the concept was created for the continuity of Frontier), a cameo of Tamer's one, or just a random Dukemon.
    You realize of course, fans doing this is why Konaka stopped talking about Tamers right?

Maybe people should have a modicum of self control and not act like fools.

I don't even know why you'd 'want' to ask him about something random that basically meant nothing other than a cameo.

It's a random cameo, move on. You don't need to bother the guy.
    I finally decided to skip that question as you suggested, but I asked him instead another one which I find quite more interesting; I asked the guy if the other 4 Hybrid Fusion forms (JetSilphymon, RhinoKabuterimon, Daipenmon and Raihimon) were meant to appear at some point during the anime during the early production of Frontier, but he replied me he has no idea lol
    ...What part of "you don't need to bother the guy" is a difficult concept? This is exactly the kind of thing that has creators shut down their twitters, because randoms pester them over some thing they worked on almost two decades ago.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    No offense but I don't need to get some kind of permission here to do whatever I want with my personal account. I mean, I have been all the polite and concise I could, and not everyday I have the opportunity to interact with the staff that was behind Frontier to ask this kind of things. I asked politely, he replied politely too, and even if he hasn't answered to me, I would have understand his position. I posted here the answer in case anyone has had the same doubt as me at some point. In the case of Konaka, he got somehow overwhelmed because he received tons of nonsensical questions and always the same over and over, and he likes to answer everythuing because how involved is with Tamers (which is awesome), when he had been very clear in some points before like his position when it comes to a new season of Tamers, but thanks to that we could find out that Jeri and Takato were engaged, so not everything was entirely bad. In my humble opinion, he could have just ignored it all the nonsensical stuff and eventually (I assume) people have let it go. It's not like Digimon has a huge fandom like Dragon Ball or One Piece.

No offense but I don't need to get some kind of permission here to do whatever I want with my personal account. I mean, I have been all the polite and concise I could, and not everyday I have the opportunity to interact with the staff that was behind Frontier to ask this kind of things. I asked politely, he replied politely too, and even if he hasn't answered to me, I would have understand his position. I posted here the answer in case anyone has had the same doubt as me at some point. In the case of Konaka, he got somehow overwhelmed because he received tons of nonsensical questions and always the same over and over, and he likes to answer everythuing because how involved is with Tamers (which is awesome), when he had been very clear in some points before like his position when it comes to a new season of Tamers, but thanks to that we could find out that Jeri and Takato were engaged, so not everything was entirely bad. In my humble opinion, he could have just ignored it all the nonsensical stuff and eventually (I assume) people have let it go. It's not like Digimon has a huge fandom like Dragon Ball or One Piece.
    It's never necessary to put away childish things.

It is necessary to stop ACTING childish at some point.

Asking questions has never been the problem. It's the manner in which people tend to ask them. You haven't even let the guy put his thoughts together and finish providing information he was freely offering before jumping at him for more. It's the equivalent of going to a convention panel and yelling questions at the guy before he's finished talking in the first place.

The fact that what you take away from people harassing Konaka was that you got a few bits of information you wanted out of it, and that in your opinion he should have just ignored it until people left him alone is a pretty good example of the problem.

Grow up.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Updated the article with episode 47. This is the last episode Masaki wrote for.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Wait, they're actually directly answering to the fans? I'll keep some self-control myself of course but I'm really curious over the thought process of making Xros Wars and especially its sequel. I got the feeling that fans were originally expecting Hunters to just be a crossover without any of the filters.

Sorry if this came off as off-topic, but yeah. More Digimon trivia is always a good thing in this day and age.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast