With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimonukkah 2018 Day 8- USA tri. Blu-ray Collection- Breakdown and Scans

Digimonukkah 2018 Day 8- USA tri. Blu-ray Collection- Breakdown and Scans

It's the last day of Digimonukkah and we have a big fun one this time!

And now the newest item! So new it isn't even the release date yet! The full collection of Digimon Adventure tri. on Blu-ray from Shout Factory!

Now you may have a few questions about this... so let's start with the most obvious one and continue on.

The complete collection, but I don't see a breakdown of tri. Part 6 yet... did I miss it?
    You did not. My copy that I ordered was one of the ones that has been delayed. And somehow it went out for delivery on Friday and then got pushed back to Monday. So yeah...

But wait... this is the complete set, so you have the disc and could do it, right?
    Well I could... but there would be no scans, no DVD info, no digital download info, etc. so I just decided to wait for my copy to show up. That I've worked 40 hours since Thursday also made it an easier choice to wait.

So you ordered the complete collection and it just happened to show up first, before it's release date?
    Nope, it's a screener.

No screener for Part 6 though?
    Not that I'm aware of. 'shrugs'

Didn't you say the biggest Digimonukkah thing would be fantastic and amazing, is this it?
    I did say that. This is not that. As mentioned, some things would be delayed. The biggest one simply isn't done, and it can't be pushed out quickly to just get it out.

This is out in a couple days from the time of this posting, one week after the release date of tri. Part 6 in the US.

There was very little scanning and editing on this one, things went smoothly.

The front cover uses the well known theatrical poster art for tri. Part 6, but the second theatrical version, featuring all the kids and Merciful Mode. The logo is the English version of the tri. logo with blue backing so that the text is easier to read. It also lists it as being a 6-Film Collection on top. Shout used the theatrical posters for the covers for the 6 releases, and using this one for the collection makes perfect sense.

The logo placement works decently well, but the position means a bit of Merciful Mode is covered, but not much.

The back cover has a general plot description for the start of tri., which should look familiar-ish. It's the introduction text for tri. Part 1, but a few bits have been tweaked, and those tweaks work rather well. Nothing major to mention here, as the choices for overall layout works well and there are no oddities at a glance.

They list some of the extras, while also promising more. We also get a few cropped screenshots, along with a full list of product specs and info at the bottom.

Because I could scan it flat since the entire thing was an insert, we also have the spine of the insert. This uses the English 'straight' tri. logo version nicely, using the dark blue from the tri. logo along with a nice aqua color used elsewhere in the collection in a way that looks quite clean.

The Blu-ray comes with a slipcover (in an o-card shape) that is made out a nice cardstock. The slipcover front, back, and side are all reasonably the same as the main insert.

The front has a sticker on it mentioning it containing all 6 parts of tri., it having both audio tracks, along with a mention of it having bonus features.

The banner at the top mentions this being Blu-ray only, as unlike the single releases, this doesn't contain DVDs or digital copies.

The back has a square cut out of it so the UPC is visible through the slipcover.

The spines on both sides were identical to those on the insert, and since the insert scan was simply better than I could have gotten on the spine of the slipcover, it didn't seem worth scanning those.

The Blu-ray case itself is a relatively standard Blu-ray case, which means that it isn't just colored blue, it's also see thru. The case the collection comes in is a little bit wider than a normal case, to properly hold all the discs.

This time the other side of the insert is just the tri. digital motif over an aqua color. We also get the credits that prior tri. releases have included.

As for the physical discs...

Each is the same design as their single releases. Each has been rescanned, because I felt like it, and in a few cases the printing seemed slightly different in overall look.

Part 6's disc will be discussed in more detail when I do the proper article for it.

The discs are held in the case using flaps in the case.

The flap system is setup so the second flap is actually where the flaps connect to the main case, with the first flap being built onto that flap.

When the case is open the flaps move freely, and when the case is closed they are held quite securely. Moving the case around a bit when closed they feel reasonably secure.

There were no physical slips or ads included in the case.

Disc specifications, screencaps, extras, and going over anything else on the Blu-rays are contained in the prior breakdowns. Since each disc at a glance appears to be the same disc as released previously, elements from those articles should apply here:
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Determination
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Lost
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Coexistence
    and Part 6 Future will be coming soon.

Digimon Adventure tri. getting a nice collection in the US so quickly after it's final release is nice for those who decided to wait. One plus, for those who don't want DVDs or digital copies, is that even taking into account common sale prices, the collection still ends up cheaper than getting just 5 parts of tri., and with future sales this should go even cheaper for those just interested in the Blu-rays.

Screencaps for the stand alone releases of these Blu-rays can be found in the gallery:
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Determination
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Lost
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Coexistence
    and Part 6 Future will be coming soon.

The scans can also be found in the gallery, along with a few additional photos of the packaging.

The scans are very small compared to the master scans I did (the work and backup folder structure for the scans and screencaps is roughly 7.58 gigs.) I will try and make wallpapers if people are interested. If you want to see a specific screencap of something give me a rough timecode if you can.

If you have any questions about the release feel free to ask.

If you want to discuss the home video release and English dub of the most recent stand alone part of tri., Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6, in more detail we have a thread here.

A Digimon Adventure tri. collection also just came out in the UK. At the time of posting no release has been announced for Australia yet.

The Digimon Adventure tri. Six-Film Collection was reviewed using a screener that came in the standard retail packaging

This six-film collection of Digimon Adventure tri. on Blu-ray is available to order and will be out shortly: (Affiliate links.)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Complete Collection on Blu-ray

The separate releases of Digimon Adventure tri. are also still available to order: (Affiliate links.)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Determination Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Determination DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Loss Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Loss DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Coexistence Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Coexistence DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Future Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Future DVD

Lots of Digimon stuff is coming out soon and supporting us via our Patreon or donations would be greatly appreciated so that we can do more breakdowns and improve the site. Feel free to join us in the Discord if you want to chat about the release.

Images are hosted on our gallery and embedded on the forum, so let us know if anything is acting up.

Big thanks to dev and onkei who helped on a number of the items released over the past 8 days.

More to come, and hopefully soon!

Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm still bummed the collection wasn't a little more exciting than just the new cover and a larger box. Probably can get the box cheap on ebay or something months down the line. But on the plus side, I've been collecting the Blu-rays as it goes along, so it's not like I'm missing out on anything either.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Something minor, but they corrected the error from part 1, as part one used the Japanese name for MaloMyotismon so it's nice they noticed it (or were told over and over about it lol)

other than that, I like the pics of the Mons on the discs.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Something minor, but they corrected the error from part 1, as part one used the Japanese name for MaloMyotismon so it's nice they noticed it (or were told over and over about it lol)
    That error does not exist on the packaging for Part 1 in the US.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

for the UK I bummed they when the way they did not only does using the second theatrical posted break the flow of other covers. it just does sit well. where the UK collection edtion has a cover that would fit better.