With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hopes for Digimon survive?

Super excited for Digimon survive, not only because its new and fresh but because I like that the story of the game will be through a visual novel style telling. If you've ever played a visual novel game you probably know what I mean. Also the fact that they are FINALLY getting into the darker parts of Digimon, yes they had some dark moments in the animes and a few games. But never like how they are advertising it here.

This brings me to my hopes for the game. I hope that they don't skimp out on the dark part, and just make it "Digimon/ person dies because you lost this battle". I wan't detail and conflict. For example if you've made multiple friends in the game and some one dies because of YOU, the other characters will cry and possibly take there anger out on you blaming you. IF it was the human dying, their partner/s would have a conflict with you. Another thing is I hope the locations, story and battles of the game take some info of Digimon and use them to enchance the immersion. I'd love to have a arc in the game where you have to go through a forest that contains Cherrymon/Jyureimon and they attempt to display illusions and lure you into the forest so that they can absorb you as nutrients and you must battle your way out to survive.

Oh and also that there will be a variety of digimon, I saw some digimon I was unfamiliar with in the video showcasing 5 minutes of gameplay, so I hope that there will be a large roster. (Hoping for Veedramon - Ulforceveedramon!)
    Last edited by Vande; 01-06-2019 at 10:13 PM. Reason: double post merge

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroIchi View Post
    Super excited for Digimon survive, not only because its new and fresh but because I like that the story of the game will be through a visual novel style telling. If you've ever played a visual novel game you probably know what I mean. Also the fact that they are FINALLY getting into the darker parts of Digimon, yes they had some dark moments in the animes and a few games. But never like how they are advertising it here.

This brings me to my hopes for the game. I hope that they don't skimp out on the dark part, and just make it "Digimon/ person dies because you lost this battle". I wan't detail and conflict. For example if you've made multiple friends in the game and some one dies because of YOU, the other characters will cry and possibly take there anger out on you blaming you. IF it was the human dying, their partner/s would have a conflict with you. Another thing is I hope the locations, story and battles of the game take some info of Digimon and use them to enchance the immersion. I'd love to have a arc in the game where you have to go through a forest that contains Cherrymon/Jyureimon and they attempt to display illusions and lure you into the forest so that they can absorb you as nutrients and you must battle your way out to survive.

Oh and also that there will be a variety of digimon, I saw some digimon I was unfamiliar with in the video showcasing 5 minutes of gameplay, so I hope that there will be a large roster. (Hoping for Veedramon - Ulforceveedramon!)
    unfortunately the roster is just 100 + alpha. They said that they won't include digimon that looks sci-fi and doesn't fit the theme of the environment.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroIchi View Post
    unfortunately the roster is just 100 + alpha. They said that they won't include digimon that looks sci-fi and doesn't fit the theme of the environment.
    What do you mean by sci-fi Digimon? If they have to fit the environment, which I assume it's lika an island with different biomes similar to File Island, here's some Digimon that in my opinion are a must:
    1. Elecmon > Aegiomon > Aegiochusmon > Jupitermon
    2. V-mon > V-dramon > Aero V-dramon > Ulforce V-dramon
    3. Alraumon > Fairymon > Shutumon > Ancient Irismon
    4. Armadimon > Ankylomon > Triceramon > Spinomon
    5. Coronamon > Firamon > Flaremon > Apollomon
    6. Lunamon > Lekismon > Crescemon > Dianamon
    7. Tentomon > Kabuterimon > Atlur Kabuterimon > Herakle Kabuterimon
    8. Piyomon > Birdramon > Garudamon > Hououmon
    9. Dracomon > Coredramon (Blue)/Coredramon (Green) > Wingdramon/Groundramon > Slayerdramon/Breakdramon
    10. Hawkmon > Aquilamon > Yatagaramon (2006) > Ravemon
    11. Renamon > Kyubimon > Taomon > Sakuyamon
    12. Floramon > Kiwimon > Sirenmon > Ceresmon
    13. Labramon > Siesamon > Cerberumon > Plutomon
    14. Kamemon > Gawappamon > Shawujinmon > Jumbo Gamemon
    15. Phascomon > Porcupamon > Astamon > Belphemon RM
    16. Pico Devimon > Devimon > Vamdemon > Demon
    17. DORUmon > DORUgamon > DORUguremon > DORUgoramon
    18. Liamon > Liollmon > Loader Liomon > Bantyo Liomon
    19. Falcomon > Diatrymon > Yatagaramon > Valdurmon
    20. Dokunemon > Kuwagamon > Okuwamon > Grand Kuwagamon
    21. Ryudamon > Ginryumon > Hisyaryumon > Ouryumon
    22. Erismon > Filmon > Stefilmon > Erismon's Mega
    23. Blucomon > Chackmon > Blizzarmon > Ancient Megatheriummon
    24. Vorvomon > Lavorvomon > Lavogaritamon > Volcanicdramon
    25. Palmon > Togemon > Lilimon > Rosemon
    26. Gomamon > Ikkakumon > Zudomon > Vikemon
    27. Impmon > Black Tailmon > Lady Devimon > Lilithmon
    28. Dracumon > Sangloupmon > Matadrmon > Grand Dracumon
    29. Funbeemon > Waspmon > Cannondramon > Tiger Vespamon
    30. Otamamon > Ranamon > Mermaidmon > Ancient Mermaidmon
    31. Swimmon > Rukamon > Whamon > Neptunemon
    32. Gabumon > Garurumon > Were Garurumon > Mercurymon
    33. Meicoomon > Tobucatmon > Skull Baluchimon > Dinotigermon
    34. Mushmon > Arbormon > Petaldramon > Ancient Troiamon
    35. Bearmon > Gryzmon > Grappu Leomon > Marsmon
    36. Kudamon > Reppamon > Tyilinmon > Sleipmon
    37. Plotmon > Tailmon > Angewomon > Junomon
    38. Patamon > Angemon > Holy Angemon > Valkyrimon
    39. Goburimon > Grottemon > Gigasmon > Ancient Volcamon
    40. Agumon > Tyranomon > Master Tyranomon > Ancient Greymon

Among many others. Essentially Digimon that may ressemble mammals, birds, insects, plants or mythological creatures in the most organic possible way. Also the recolours from Digimon World 1 and most of the Armor Digimon would make great as enemies.
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 01-10-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    NO. Screw recolours. Since they said you can recruit the enemy Digimon to your side, if they put a recolour in, theyre taking a slot of the 100.

your list is missing the Gabumon line since we already saw Garurumon.

in fact, here are the already cofirmed digimon:

Koromon (prob just opening cutscene tho)

Agumon, Falcomon OG, Floramon, Labramon, Palmon

Garurumon, Greymon, Meramon, Numemon

MetalGreymon, Okuwamon

Logic indicates each of these would have an evolution line.

So:

Palmon adds Togemon, Lillymon and Rosemon

Numemon adds... Monzaemon? and ???? and would he have a Rookie stage? (if you can recruit it, the likleyhood is yes)

Garurumon adds the obvious.

Meramon would be Blue/Skull and Bolt? not sure what rookie? I'd say Impmon, but Cyber and Hackers don't have Imp - Mera (which upsets me) and Habu is doing this game, so it seems unlikely to be that.

Okuwamon means Kuwagamon and Gran. Rookie Kokuwamon maybe? or something else.

its possible numemon and meramon dont have rookie stages, and you get them as champions I suppose, but that would imply barely any rookies at all.

so yea, you need to substitute some of your lines with Mons that already confirmed.

also considering Habu, Ultra will prob be used too (Omnimon)

also why is meicoomon a rookie in your list?
    Last edited by Muur; 01-08-2019 at 07:24 PM.

I'm a Maniac
    By fitting the environment, I think it's more of the case of "Digimon you would encounter in the wild in a survival situation," rather than "Digimon that are thematic to niche biomes." Like, you could encounter a swarm of Okuwamons in the wilderness, or even a patrolling squad of Guardromons, but you won't just find a pack of Plutomons wandering around in the woods.

Also, given the small roster total of around 100 Digimon, I'm assuming there will be a lot of overlaps in evolutions, and/or not all Digimon will have a "complete" line.

Completely digital
    I mean, the theme of Survive isn't sci-fi like Cyber Sleuth, it looks more into typical natural isekai, which might mean that we won't see digimon like full-body mechas, galaxy-themed digimon, futuristic digimon (like mastemon, ebemon, etc), or any digimon that doesn't fit the natural environment.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    NO. Screw recolours. Since they said you can recruit the enemy Digimon to your side, if they put a recolour in, theyre taking a slot of the 100.
    If that's the case, then I agree with you.

Your list is missing the Gabumon line since we already saw Garurumon.
    I put it, No. 32. Though I personally think Mercurymon would fit quite better the role as its Mega in tis kind of scnario more than Metal Garurumon.

In fact, here are the already cofirmed digimon:

Koromon (prob just opening cutscene tho)

Agumon, Falcomon OG, Floramon, Labramon, Palmon

Garurumon, Greymon, Meramon, Numemon

MetalGreymon, Okuwamon

Logic indicates each of these would have an evolution line.

So:

Palmon adds Togemon, Lillymon and Rosemon

Numemon adds... Monzaemon? and ???? and would he have a Rookie stage? (if you can recruit it, the likleyhood is yes)

Garurumon adds the obvious.

Meramon would be Blue/Skull and Bolt? not sure what rookie? I'd say Impmon, but Cyber and Hackers don't have Imp - Mera (which upsets me) and Habu is doing this game, so it seems unlikely to be that.

Okuwamon means Kuwagamon and Gran. Rookie Kokuwamon maybe? or something else.

its possible numemon and meramon dont have rookie stages, and you get them as champions I suppose, but that would imply barely any rookies at all.

so yea, you need to substitute some of your lines with Mons that already confirmed.

also considering Habu, Ultra will prob be used too (Omnimon)
    Considering how limitated s the roster this time, I would prefer some fun surprises instead of the obvious, but we will see! Now that I think of it, what if this hiatus on news on Survive is because of the team working on the game have decided to add more mons that what was announced in the first place? Seriously though, when was the last time we heard about something new on Survive?

Also why is meicoomon a rookie in your list?
    You are right! I like so much the idea of Meicoomon evolving into Tobucatmon that I forget it was a Champion lol

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    I mean, the theme of Survive isn't sci-fi like Cyber Sleuth, it looks more into typical natural isekai, which might mean that we won't see digimon like full-body mechas, galaxy-themed digimon, futuristic digimon (like mastemon, ebemon, etc), or any digimon that doesn't fit the natural environment.
    That makes total sense, and I'm personally into it, even that it wasn't the rule in Cyber Sleuth or Hacker's Memory.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Considering how limitated s the roster this time, I would prefer some fun surprises instead of the obvious, but we will see! Now that I think of it, what if this hiatus on news on Survive is because of the team working on the game have decided to add more mons that what was announced in the first place? Seriously though, when was the last time we heard about something new on Survive?
    That last news as far as I know is the tweet from Habu in September, stating that there will be an absence of information for a while, starting from next month, as they focus on development. After all, the game was only about 30% complete back in September, according to an interview. It's not like they can just publish an update for every 5% of work they complete, especially since there wouldn't be much info to update on, aside from spoiler-heavy content.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 01-10-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    That last news as far as I know is the tweet from Habu in September, stating that there will be an absence of information for a while, starting from next month, as they focus on development. After all, the game was only about 30% complete back in September, according to an interview. It's not like they can just publish an update for every 5% of work they complete, especially since there wouldn't be much info to update on, aside from spoiler-heavy content.
    They could at least give us art of the final two humans (that we know of anyway) and their partner Digimon lol. that would tie people over for a month or two

heck we already know Saki and Floramon, so just give us an art of those two, and then tell us about the glasses guy and his partner Mon

I agree it wouldn't hurt to show the fans that the game is still developed instead of being cancelled. We know it's not (or I hope it's not), but showing something every now and then would be really nice.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast