With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Future is out in the US!

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Future is out in the US!

It's time for Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Future on Blu-ray and DVD for those of us in North America!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The release is officially out today (December 4th), although a few people got them early by ordering directly from Shout, etc.

It was another short wait, which is always nice.

We've also opened a discussion thread for people to discuss Part 6 separate from the old streaming discussion thread. If you want to discuss aspects of the release there that's also OK to do.

We'll be doing an in-depth breakdown of it as soon as possible.

The breakdown will have all you can expect for this release with a bunch of scans and screenshots and technical details.

If you still need to get a copy for yourself, you should be able to find it at various local stores, or you can order it online (Affiliate links):
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Future Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Future DVD

Amazon has been selling so many copies in the leadup to the release that some pre-orders are being delayed a week or so, and they currently show it as sold out with a wait of 1 to 2 months for new orders. We don't expect it to actually take that long, rather they are just listing based on the high number of orders coming in at the moment, but if you want Part 6 'right now' it might be best to run to a Wal-Mart or other local store to see if they have it in stock.

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 is also still available to order:
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Coexistence Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Coexistence DVD

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 is also still available to order:
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Loss Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Loss DVD

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 is also still available to order:
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession DVD

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 is also still available to order:
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Determination Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Determination DVD

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 is also still available to order:
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 DVD

Those who plan to buy it digitally from their choice of digital storefront should see it as being available now, and it's also already listed on hoopla for those with an affiliated library card.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Weirdly, I usually get my orders early from Shout but seemingly they haven't even shipped this one yet. Looking forward to it though, mixed bag as Tri was it will be nice to finally have the whole series.

I... totally forgot to pre-order this one! Probably because I saw it in theaters. Should get it from Shout just to complete the collection.

Or maybe I'm putting it off because I don't want it to be over

Ain't got no mojo... DigimonTrash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagaren Gao View Post
    Weirdly, I usually get my orders early from Shout but seemingly they haven't even shipped this one yet. Looking forward to it though, mixed bag as Tri was it will be nice to finally have the whole series.
    Same here! I wonder if they're facing the same order delays Amazon is... I need to complete my collection darnit! xD

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by DigimonTrash View Post
    Same here! I wonder if they're facing the same order delays Amazon is... I need to complete my collection darnit! xD
    I asked the guys from Shout! Factory about the lack of shipping 2 weeks earlier than the street dates, they told me that they can't guarantee early shipping this time. They even had issues with the 2 weeks early shipping with Coexistence.

Glad to know I'm not the only one at least. Wonder if it's some kind of holiday issue, but though in hindsight I don't remember if they actually mentioned the early shipping this time around or if I just assumed it. Either way, it will get here when it gets here I guess!

Ain't got no mojo...
    Glad to know I'm not the only one at least. Wonder if it's some kind of holiday issue, but though in hindsight I don't remember if they actually mentioned the early shipping this time around or if I just assumed it. Either way, it will get here when it gets here I guess!
    Yeah you just assumed. When it was first available to be preordered, I was surprised myself to see the lack of 2 weeks earlier shipping note. I was expecting for it to be delivered at least this week in ties with the street dates. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadester92 View Post

I asked the guys from Shout! Factory about the lack of shipping 2 weeks earlier than the street dates, they told me that they can't guarantee early shipping this time. They even had issues with the 2 weeks early shipping with Coexistence.
    I preordered Coexistence from them and I got that early, although I could have gotten it a week early. There was another one of their titles that was scheduled for release on September 25th and they also said you could get it two weeks early if you preordered with them, but there was a delay with that too, except I ended up getting it on the general week of release.

I've got a copy of Future, but I bought it at Best Buy. It was the only copy they had on the shelf, and that was the case with another Best Buy I went to. This other one I went to didn't have any on the shelf at all even though there was a space for it, but that store came up in the list of stores I could do a store pickup with for it. Somehow, the other two didn't. If anything, it looks like you can order from their site, or even check Target and Wal-Mart.

Actually, it's a problem they've been having since October, or at least that's when they addressed it on Twitter. In fact, I believe they've been having this issue since the summer, since that's when Coexistence came out, and I mentioned getting it a little later than promised even though I preordered form their site. Anyway, as already stated, they never stated anything about getting it two weeks early for preordering from them, and they didn't do that with the 6-film collection either. The only perks they mentioned was getting a lithograph for purchasing the titles from them.

The 6-film collection is scheduled for release this Tuesday, yet the only listings around for it are at Shout! Factory's site and Amazon. They've got another non-Digimon title that I'm interested in that's supposed to come out next Tuesday, and it also only has listings at those two places. From what I'm told, they're having trouble getting most of their titles out to other retailers in time.