With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 English Home Video Discussion

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Ain't got no mojo... Hoy-Small-Fry's Avatar
    My copy turned up a few days early, which given how excited I've been was excellent news!

Absolutely loved it, the whole thing somehow wrapped up everything into a neat(ish) resolution without too may massive jumps.

Favourite moment for me was the Digimon regaining their memories - for all the tears I shed in part 3 as they lost them, the same came out in pure joy as they remembered all they had lost!

Couple of weird dubs aside (random "digivolve to" and Koromon having the WORST voice) I thought this was excellently pulled off, especially Seth's work when Tai escapes the underground lair.

Some other thoughts;
    - I guess Himekawa just died? Or are we leaving that to a sequel?
    - Likewise Dark Gennai, are we to assume he is the original Gennai influenced by the dark spore? Its weird he's ultimately never addressed
    - Brilliant dealing with the 02 kids issue (although we'll just assume TK and Kari weren't with them at the time)
    - Gomamon's final line - LOVED IT

Overall, second favourite part to 3, and an excellent ending to a joyous return for Adventure!

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoy-Small-Fry View Post
    - Likewise Dark Gennai, are we to assume he is the original Gennai influenced by the dark spore? Its weird he's ultimately never addressed
    Presumably the original Gennai was the one rescued along with the 02 kids.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Presumably the original Gennai was the one rescued along with the 02 kids.
    Been reading some other threads and I see that he was in a tube, thanks for that one
    Is there a prevalent theory on who Dark Gennai actually is then?

Also probably not the right place to ask, but the 02 Digimon lost their memories right? And Izzy didn't back them up...?

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Been reading some other threads and I see that he was in a tube, thanks for that one
    Is there a prevalent theory on who Dark Gennai actually is then?
    There are theories, but I'm not sure that any of them is particularly prevalent.

Also probably not the right place to ask, but the 02 Digimon lost their memories right? And Izzy didn't back them up...?
    It's hard to say. Of course, Koshiro didn't back up the other eight partners' memories either, but they were restored. But it's been too long since I've watched the sixth film.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

It's hard to say. Of course, Koshiro didn't back up the other eight partners' memories either, but they were restored. But it's been too long since I've watched the sixth film.
    Maybe not the original intent of the sub but I definitely got the impression it was a restore from a backup Izzy did. My understanding was he completed a backup but it somehow got muddled into Meicoomons data? Again, something else they just glided by 😅

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    I loved this so much.
    I remember liking the last film a lot on the first watch, but feeling conflicted about it in some aspects.
    But I enjoyed it so much more this time.

I think part of it is just having time to digest and reconcile some of the issues I had with it, but the little touches the Dub added helped a lot too. A lot of plot points felt like they had more clarity, and as always, the addition of extra lines and exertion noises went a long was to adding life to the characters and action sequences.

The scene with Merciful Mode in particular felt a lot stronger. Tai and Kari's interaction was less jarring. And that little "it's almost over" Tai whispered as he bumped Matt's hand was pretty powerful.

This series had shortcomings, but right now, I'm really glad to have the whole collection, and I'm looking forward to setting aside some time to marathon the lot of it. And I'm pretty excited for that new film coming out next year too.

(Though yeah, that "Digivolve to" goof was pretty weird. It was probably offset about 10 seconds, and should have played just before Garurumon digivolved to WereGarurumon. I remember thinking it was weird that he didn't say it, because unlike Co-existence, they were doing the whole "Xmon digivolve to" instead of just yelling "digivolve".)
    Last edited by McGann; 12-03-2018 at 01:53 PM.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

since hearing angemon replacement voice actor due to it not being dave mallow even though he is creditied in the film. the person who replced him was Jamieson Price . he voiced serephimon in frontier but that not all he voiced as voiced was very close to his role of Yukio Oikawa

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai32 View Post
    since hearing angemon replacement voice actor due to it not being dave mallow even though he is creditied in the film. the person who replced him was Jamieson Price . he voiced serephimon in frontier but that not all he voiced as voiced was very close to his role of Yukio Oikawa
    It's been confirmed months ago Jamieson Price took over Dave Mallow's roles since Confession. That said, it only leads to why the sudden recast?

Quote Originally Posted by Wadester92 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai32 View Post
    It's been confirmed months ago Jamieson Price took over Dave Mallow's roles since Confession. That said, it only leads to why the sudden recast?
    Wonder about that to maybe it was a schedule conflict or some thing. I just can stop think of Cody dad friend voice coming of angemon or any of his form

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast