With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Frontier Audio Drama Cast, Comments, and Shikishi Campaign

Frontier Audio Drama Cast, Comments, and Shikishi Campaign

Time for another fun one!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

After the announcement of the title and staff for the new Digimon Frontier audio drama a few days ago, it was just a matter of time until we got cast info. Luckily the wait was very short!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Frontier fans will be very happy with the cast. First up, all 6 cast members for the kids are returning:
    Takuya: Junko Takeuchi
    Kouji: Hiroshi Kamiya
    Izumi: Sawa Ishige
    Junpei: Michael Shitanda (This is Masato Amada. He's half American and used to go by Amada as a stage name.)
    Tomoki: Kumiko Watanabe
    Kouichi: Kenichi Suzumura

The narrator will be Masami Kukuchi. For Frontier fans it's most notable that Kikuchi played Neemon in the series (among a number of other notable characters throughout the franchise.)

The photo at the top is the cast at the recording session for the new audio drama.

In addition, there are comments from the main cast members regarding the new audio drama.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Junko Takeuchi:
    In Digimon Frontier, the protagonists are constantly on the losing end, which may come off as surprising. However, I feel that seeing how the characters grow after each loss is one of the highlights of this series. I hope you'll be able to buy this Blu-ray BOX and watch for yourselves all of the highlights this series has to offer. Thank you!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Hiroshi Kamiya:
    The Wednesday morning recordings that I enjoyed during this one year run of the series still leaves a deep impression on me, even amongst everything that's happened throughout my career thus far. I admire this series so much that if I were a kid, I'd probably be all "I wanna go on an adventure in the Frontier world!", so I'm very grateful that this series will be collected and sold as a Blu-ray set. Through this new medium, I hope that this series can continue to be passed down to future generations.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Sawa Ishige:
    It is a huge honor for me to be a part of a series that has been supported by fans for so long, and I am really grateful to everyone who has continued to support the series for so long. I'd be glad if you could watch the Blu-ray and relive the excitement and enjoyment, as well as be filled with energy, seeing things in a different light as you look forward to tomorrow. This is a series that will stay close to your heart and give you courage 365 days a year, so please enjoy it as much as you can!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Michael Shitanda:
    I feel that anime series tell their viewers a message from all the people involved, including the directors, animators, and myself included. As I spoke with fans, I've met people who've told me "this series really cheered me up" or "Junpei's my favorite character". These memories really give us energy, so I'd be happy if you all could continue watching this series over and over again.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Kumiko Watanabe:
    "Frontier" represents breaking new grounds, and "Revolution" represents a complete change for the new. Both revolution and exploring new frontiers require a great deal of courage, and I feel that Digimon Frontier really gets across how wonderful it is to have that courage. It forms the core theme of the series, and I really treasure it! I hope that all the viewers can feel that courage welling up in their hearts as they watch as well.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Kenichi Suzumura:
    The recording for the series took place back when I was still young. When people tell me "I saw this series back when I was a kid!", I feel as though we shared this same period of youth, unbounded by time, and that's a very wonderful feeling to me. The very same emotions you felt back then as you were watching the show would be packed into this Blu-ray as well! However, we're not just reliving the emotions we felt back then, but also connecting our youth back then to the people we are now. I hope that this series can help us remember how things were like back then, and change that memory into something that gives us strength now.

And last but not least...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A shikishi from all 6 main members of the Frontier cast!

The campaign to win it will run until November 29th.

To win it you follow the Frontier Blu-ray Box Twitter and retweet this tweet. As is standard, the prize will only be shipped in Japan.

Pre-orders are available for the Digimon Frontier Blu-ray box. It will be available April 2nd, 2019 for 53,800 yen. Early versions of the box will include the new Frontier audio drama that we just received staff info for.

The first link is a CDJapan is an affiliate link that helps the site.
    Digimon Frontier Blu-ray Box
    Digimon Frontier Blu-ray Box Amazon Edition- Includes mini shikishi and 6 acrylic keychains.

Update- Added translations of the cast comments thanks to garm.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Great!! All the main cast is back for the occasion! 😍 Neamon as the narrator is going to be a different experience indeed hahah Now I'm wondering if Agnimon, Wolfmon, Fairymon, Blitzmon, Chackmon & Löwemon will make an appearance since they share the same seiyuus!!

Added translations of the cast comments.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Interesting thoughts from the main cast. I like all of them, thought the ones from Hiroshi Kamiya made a deep impression on me for some reason, especially coming from the lone wolf of the series. I'm really touched by the words of Sawa Ishige too. However, kinda expecting more from Junko Takeuchi maybe due to her role as Takuya as the Goggle Boy of the season. The other three come between strongly emotional (Watanabe), nostalgic (Suzumura) and funny (Shitanda lol). Long life to Digimon Frontier!!

Ps. Thanks a lot Garm as always

For what it's worth, Masami Kikuchi voiced the narrator in every episode of Frontier, so this is expected. Still a nice surprise. Too bad he won't be voicing Neemon, but maybe they'll throw him a bone and give him a couple lines.

So really, the only main cast member left out is Kazuko Sugiyama (Bokomon). Glancing at her filmography, it looks like she still occasionally does voice acting, so it's a shame she won't be participating. Even with that minor disappointment, this is still more than I expected. I was a little worried we'd only get Takuya and Kōji.

Thanks for the translations!
    Last edited by MagicBox; 11-22-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    "Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    It wouldn’t surprise me if the drama takes place entirely in the human world, where a lack of Digimon voices would be expected. That’s how the last Frontier drama was, after all.

I come from the net
    This is nice to see. I wonder how this would turn out. What could it be about?

Ain't got no mojo...
    wonderful news! hopefully they release the unreleased OST as well

It seems there's already a winner of the shikishi!!

Quote Originally Posted by BKF View Post
    wonderful news! hopefully they release the unreleased OST as well
    I'm totally into it!! Didn't they mention something about a remasterization of the main Soundtrack when the Blu-ray was announced? I cannot recall the details. Talking about which, I've recently find one of my favourites on YouTube that still remain unreleased