With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 years since Digimon Adventure tri. Began & 20 for V-Tamer!

3 years since Digimon Adventure tri. Began & 20 for V-Tamer!

Another anniversary!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's been 3 years since the first part of Digimon Adventure tri. came out!

tri. (and it's leadup) began the current wave of Digimon stuff, which has lead to the strongest the franchise has been in almost 20 years, with more products and stuff than some of us thought possible a few years ago, not to mention Appmon, the upcoming film, games, Blu-ray sets of other parts of the franchise, etc.

That we got 6 extended episodes/films in 2 and a half years is rather impressive, a number of other franchises that did premium format episodes with limited theatrical runs have had significant production issues forcing (at times extreme) delays.

To say nothing that we got them day and date with Japan subtitled in English, and the final part premiered in English in theaters a few months ago, and we are just weeks away from it on home video. Being entirely done with the release half a year after Japan isn't bad.

The end of tri. also means it's the first time in a long time that a major part of the franchise has finished up and we knew more was coming, rather than having to sit around for years and hope.

As mentioned, the last part of tri. comes out in the US soon...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The MSRP for the Blu-ray is $24.97 and $14.98 for the DVD, with a release date of December 4th. Links below are Amazon affiliate links.

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Future Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Future DVD

And for those who want the full series...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The MSRP for the Blu-ray is $79.97 with a release date of December 11th (Affiliate link.)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Collection on Blu-ray

Thanks to Rayana for the heads up on tri.

And as has been pointed out by a few people, it's also the 20th anniversary of V-Tamer!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Due to production leadups and marketing, V-Tamer was the first long form media that began being released for the franchise!

Not to mention it's been capturing the imaginations of Digimon fans for those 20 years, being a big favorite around the world.

With a run of almost 5 years it's also the longest running piece of ongoing Digimon media that didn't have an extended break.

Fans still get excited when small references to V-Tamer show up elsewhere, and there have been teases lately that we might see some merchandise for V-Tamer.

Update- Tenya Yabuno posted an image and message of thanks (in both Japanese and English!) to thank everyone for the nice messages sent to him regarding the 20th Anniversary of V-Tamer.

Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I am so glad tri. exists because it lets me have more toys.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Netflix Japan adding it today seems like a fitting tribute, though I'm surprised they got it so early.

Despite what people say, its been a good three years. Looking forward to more content.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Also 20 years since V-Tamer came out!!!

Red shirt
    As sad as I am that it took a much longer time to get these six films out than I figured it would (seriously, 3 years feels like way too long), I'm grateful we got Tri at all. I certainly didn't expect to see it dubbed with most of the original voice cast, much less released in a nice blu-ray box set. Plus, the ridiculously long amount of time it took to release means it was in the public eye longer! That's never a bad thing.

All in all, I appreciate what Tri did and, heck, what it continues to do. Despite it's problems, it revitalized the franchise in some big ways

Four Dark Lords. Hundreds of monsters. Five teens. One huge adventure.
    An anime-inspired web serial updated weekly.

Had the mention of V-Tamer in a text file, but forgot to add it.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    maybe it's about time V-Tamer gets anime adaptation...

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    maybe it's about time V-Tamer gets anime adaptation...
    Pretty sure that would confuse and alienate people when Tai suddenly has a Veedramon, fights Greymon/Omnimon and everyone else isnt there. Then you'd piss off the VT fans if you replaced Tai with a generic guy to confuse less people

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    I need a new WtW user souls to summon a V-Tamer Anime and the V-Tamer 01 Digivice. Participation in soul reaping is mandatory, I repeat mandatory.

20 Years, fond memories of that manga. Still love it today. V-Tamer was the first to do a crossover as well I think...

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Three years already! Feels like yesterday when it was released on Crunchyroll only for it to be region locked.

What a ride it's been, and it's so good to see the fandom and the franchise more alive than ever, even after tri. already finished its run.

Happy Anniversary to V-Tamer, too. I need to get around to finishing it already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast