With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Art & Info on Cancelled UK Digimon Fusion Comic

Art & Info on Cancelled UK Digimon Fusion Comic

Time for a bit of fun...

Digimon fans in the UK who were around back in the early days of the franchise will remember that UK publisher Panini released a number of Digimon comics in magazines such as Digimon Magazine and Wickid, giving the UK a much larger history of published Digimon comics than most places in the world, with tons of original stories and content for fans to enjoy.

Recently UK artist Russ Leach posted a few test pages from an unpublished Digimon Fusion comic. He was also kind enough to share a few additional details with us...

Not a lot to say about it really. I was approached by an editor at Panini to do some test pages. I was told the deal was done and then it was undone. I really don't know a lot about the reasons why. Was a pity as I enjoyed doing something in a different style.

The artwork looks to be based around the first few episodes of Digimon Fusion and looks quite good (the profile shot is especially fun to look at.)

Despite the Digimon Fusion comic falling thru, Russ ended up working with Panini on Doctor Who Adventures and Ben 10 Magazine. He's currently on "Draw The Marvel Way" and will be working on his own stories next year.

It would have been fun to have more English Digimon comics published, especially ones that looked like they were going to have high quality artwork.

Big thanks to Russ Leach and Panini for permission to share and archive the images and the details behind the comic.

The images have been archived in our gallery at the highest quality available.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Huh, that's cool and relevant to that thread about possible non Japanese content... I'm feeling like that's too much to be a coincidence lol

its a shame this got cancelled, like you said, it's high quality and would've been pretty cool. maybe if people show interest they'll look into it again, though that's like, not gonna happen lol

Still though, it's cool to have learned this information!

Haha, people were just bringing up the Panini comics in the other topic, so it's fun to see a small connection here. Comics look like they could have been good, but these kinds of things get cancelled all the time. A shame, but not unexpected.

Eh, stranger coincidences happen every day probably.
    Anyway the fact that this one got cancelled is quite ironic.

The art looks nice enough even at this kind of rough stage... Zenjirou's over-the-top eyebrow movements seem somewhat off-putting though.

It's always a shame to hear about cancelled projects and whatnot, especially since the test art looks really good.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    It's always good to see a Digimon product exclusive from the West, especially if it's Xros Wars-related which with the exception of Appmon, it's still rather less-known than the previous seasons. Also the artstyle is gorgeous, I like the human facial expressions in this way. Good job for the original artist.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Agreed Shinji, I would've loved to have seen this published.

I come from the net
    Well that's crazy. Interesting too. Wonder how this would end up.