With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What if IDW Made Digimon Comics?

Ain't got no mojo...
    What Digimon crossovers would you like from IDW? If there's one thing they love it's crossovers. They did a TMNT/Batman comic that was pretty good.

On a side note, it kind of bugs me that a lot of people in this forum don't want to see the Adventure cast. I mean come on, it's not like they've been appearing in anime for 20 years straight. (Ash Ketchum, anyone?)

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Oh. You mean the Black and White ones?
    That is what I meant. If you look at the Chronicles and D-Cyber comics, what I seen, they was black and white, and they done very good art on them. Love both Dorumon and Ryudamon artwork on the comics.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    https://withthewill.net/threads/2100...635#post350635

...interesting

I wonder if OP had seen these same tweets so made this thread

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    https://withthewill.net/threads/2100...635#post350635

...interesting

I wonder if OP had seen these same tweets so made this thread
    No, I've literally just found out about that when you gave the link.

Anyway, can we discuss more ideas for IDW Digimon?

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    While I would prefer an original continuity, a prequel to Cyber Sleuth about Kyoko and an amnesiac Dorumon could be pretty cool. I dunno why, but after Hacker's Memory, I like the idea of adding more layers to the Cyber Sleuth universe.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by digibro217 View Post
    On a side note, it kind of bugs me that a lot of people in this forum don't want to see the Adventure cast. I mean come on, it's not like they've been appearing in anime for 20 years straight. (Ash Ketchum, anyone?)
    To be fair, it's more that Adventure is already getting a lot of stuff for it like tri in recent years compared to Frontier or Fusion and people don't want it to be just Adventure again.

While they are not as overexposed as Ash, there is a risk of that happening if companies think that Digimon is only Adventure.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 11-19-2018 at 06:36 PM.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by digibro217 View Post
    To be fair, it's more that Adventure is already getting a lot of stuff for it like tri in recent years compared to Frontier or Fusion and people don't want it to be just Adventure again.

While they are not as overexposed as Ash, there is a risk of that happening if companies think that Digimon is only Adventure.
    True, but that doesn't change the fact that Tai, Matt, Sora, etc. are THE most iconic and well-known characters in the franchise. Even then, it hasn't stopped Toei from producing entirely original characters like in Appmon.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    It would be hard to top Pokemon's gen 1 pandering the last half a decade+

whilst they do use a lot from season 1, they still use plenty of the others. Like how the most recent game main Digimon were Ankylomon (season 2), Cyberdramon (Season 3), and wormmon (season 2)

if that was pokemon it'd prob just be charizard, blastoise and venasuar, cuz lol

you could argue they focus a bit too much on Royal Knights, but thats mid franchise at least lol
    Last edited by Muur; 11-19-2018 at 06:55 PM.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    To be fair, 02 is technically an extension of Adventure as it's the same continuity so I'm not sure that really counts. If there was more from Frontier, Data Squad and Fusion it'd be less of an issue.

And bare in mind that the Royal Knights technically weren't tied to any specific anime continuity in the first place despite playing a prominent role in at least three since you had members appearing in every series except Appli Monsters.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

I think an original series with completely new characters would be nice to see for the franchise. Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that Bandai typically creates comics for Digimon series after the anime is out? If so, a manga/comic released before any anime adaptation like most anime nowadays may serve to generate more interest before any show comes out.

Or even a manga based on one of the games that have come out recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    Yeah, I heard about those. Is there a way to find them?
    Yeah, likely buy them on Ebay.
    Nothing on Ebay, how unfortunate.

From what I've googled, Dragomon and MetalEtemon return in these comics to fight the 02 kids

I do to see some of the books on Ebay for the US version of the first 13 episodes.

Actually finding this UK comic would be interesting. Though would be non canon, I suppose.
    Judging from who did the art for those comics, they are likely to be non-canon. Interesting premise to deviate from the anime however.

Quote Originally Posted by Vande View Post
    Muur I own a few of them lol. Mostly 02 and Tamers ones
    Anything interesting/noteworthy happen in them? Dragomon returning is intriguing...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123