20th. V-Pet Screw Sizes

abbydee

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey! This feels like a very stupid question but I can't find definitive answers anywhere else online.

I was thinking about painting up my 20th anniversary digital monster, but my #0 Phillips screwdriver is not shaped right for the screws that device uses and I've already stripped one of them getting it out (oops). I've seen JIS screwdriver heads recommended but in diagrams they don't... look like they'd be any more suitable for these screws, so I wanted to verify for the 20th anniversary shells before i went looking for a new screwdriver.

I'm asking about the little tiny screws holding the device together, and not the huge one on the battery case.

There's been a bunch of threads on this forum about people doing backlight mods and so on, what kind of screwdrivers are you using?

And on the off-chance if anyone can recommend a replacement screw that would be killer.

cool potato

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have been struggling to find the right fit too - was able to switch shells between two 20th's using a phillips I received with a GBA kit.

Nothing in my "real" kit fit right and it's really bugging me.