20th Anniversary Pendulum discussion thread

Virus Cleaver

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Long story short, I finally got my Silver Blue baby the other day, after almost six weeks of not knowing what's going on with it. No fault of the seller, though.

Never had a Pendulum growing up, so basically everything about this is super cool to me. I was only able to boot it up today due to things that were happening. Pukamon should be evolving in a couple hours!

I like the feel of it a lot; I've got long skeleton fingers, so smaller devices can be somewhat awkward to interact with and to hold. The pendulum has, so far, been making a satisfying clack upon shaking, though honestly it's throwing me off a bit since it's actually not keeping track of shakes. The buttons are kinda tight still, but that's not a big deal. It's not as loud as I was somehow expecting it to be, which is good. Has there been noticeable difference in volume? I seem to recall that being a thing within some line of Digital Monster.

I actually bought a Dukemon Pen20 already that arrived around last Christmas, but unfortunately had to refund it as it was absolutely not new and unopened. Prices have gone up quite a bit since, but I decided to bite the bullet because I kept feeling sour over literally having had one in my hands, only for it to turn out to be completely busted.

Apologies for rambling. I'm just very excited. 😐

Nomiles

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the modded Pendulum what happens if I lose my save file or if I select the reset instead of load option? Does that wipe out the unlocking of all eggs?

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For the modded Pendulum what happens if I lose my save file or if I select the reset instead of load option? Does that wipe out the unlocking of all eggs?
I haven't done the mod myself, but as far as I understand, yes if you do a full reset/loose your save the device will default to the starting situation of only having the one egg available. It will also become the version that you last left it modded into and will have to re unlock everything. At least that's my understanding. Basically if you mod it just be careful to preserve your save.

ChaoCobo

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven't done the mod myself, but as far as I understand, yes if you do a full reset/loose your save the device will default to the starting situation of only having the one egg available. It will also become the version that you last left it modded into and will have to re unlock everything. At least that's my understanding. Basically if you mod it just be careful to preserve your save.
I haven’t done the mod either but you seem knowledgable. What constitutes a full reset on this device? I haven’t nodded it but It was either my Blue Pendulum or my X1 or both devices that I did an accidental full reset and I don’t know how I did it. I remember pressing the reset button with a pin, clicking the top button when the “DIGIMON” title came up and then it didn’t have a load option and I had to start at the beginning with no extra eggies. I had just jogressed for the first time too since I found out you can jogress two Digimon you have without any other devices, and then he disappeared due to reset. ;-;

when resetting, should I just take out the batteries and put them back in instead? Does pressing the tiny reset button really wipe all the data forever? :c

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Normally if you press the reset button, you get the load option afterwards, so something else must have broken the save. IIRC, the Pendulum 20th is the one where it's more risky to take the battery out, and if you're going to take it out it's better to press reset first.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I haven’t done the mod either but you seem knowledgable. What constitutes a full reset on this device? I haven’t nodded it but It was either my Blue Pendulum or my X1 or both devices that I did an accidental full reset and I don’t know how I did it. I remember pressing the reset button with a pin, clicking the top button when the “DIGIMON” title came up and then it didn’t have a load option and I had to start at the beginning with no extra eggies. I had just jogressed for the first time too since I found out you can jogress two Digimon you have without any other devices, and then he disappeared due to reset. ;-;

when resetting, should I just take out the batteries and put them back in instead? Does pressing the tiny reset button really wipe all the data forever? :c
I have heard that the pendulum 20ths have a habit of loosing save data. (luckily I haven't had this problem although one time I had a strange bug when changing batteries where the device was acting oddly thankfully I just needed to reset it and load a second time and my data was still okay) A lot of people have recommended that every time you take batteries out you hit the reset button first, then change the batteries, and then hit the reset button again. When you reset you get the option to load your save. I don't remember what the text looks like, but I think the top option is the one that loads your save. I also think that option is is the one that is already selected so you don't have to scroll to it. The A button is the one that scrolls between options so I think you needed to hit the B button instead of the A button. Selecting the other option resets all save data so that your device is like it was when you first opened it. I have also heard that modding the pendulum increases the chances of save data randomly being lost. I think that when modding it's best to try to get it back to the model it started as. Don't leave the sodder, foil, pencil markings, or whatever you use in there. Once you got all the eggs you want try to put it back to normal and hopefully everything will be fine.

AquaKai

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On that note, I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me.
I have a silver black, bought it about six months ago and never had any problem with it, even changing batteries.
Today I tried to mod it to unlock silver blue's eggs. I had everything ready with an empty slot on one side and a Digimon with a Copymon on the other, Colosseum battles at 100th in Single and Double.
I opened it and followed Humulos' instructions to change version: it's 2B00 exactly like I wanted. However, when I try to load the save, it loads to a blank screen and I can't do anything, not even choosing an egg.
So anyone knows what's wrong? Please don't tell me the save got corrupted or, worse, I bricked it.
I'm sure I've followed every passage and I reset every time as needed.

Nomiles

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks everyone for your responses. I feared that might be the case so will have to be extra conscious when storing.

Managed to source a 20th silver/black and to my surprise there are silver/blue eggs as a selectable option. Thinking it must have been modded but I have no idea what was actually done to the device.