20th Anniversary Pendulum discussion thread

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You are definitely smarter than me, I had basically no experience with a soldering iron when I did mine. Bought my iron just for that purpose haha. Managed not to destroy anything!
I'd say with minimal instructions and watching a video or two, someone using a soldering iron and is at least minimally careful likely has less of a chance of damaging the device than random usage of foil and pencil (moreso if they leave the foil or pencil lead in.)

The V-Pet board is reasonably friendly for new people with a soldering iron overall I think.
I considered it, but then I decided to just...try again! And guess what, it worked out! I think the issue was that I wasn't drawing ON the connections, I was being careful to get between them. Either way, I now have all 18 eggs (minus Lalamon, of course). I have one concern though. I'm concerned about losing my progress if the battery dies. I'd really hate to have to go through all that work again, just because I didn't hit reset before the battery died. Are there any indications I should be on the lookout for? Or is this just a hazard I may have to deal with?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Heck yeah! Congrats on the success! For the life of me I cannot remember if the Pen20 has a low battery warning because the Pen20 lasts for a good long time on one battery, much longer than the DM20 or DMX in my experience. As such, i wouldn't worry too much about it, but to be on the safe side, you can always just swap your battery every 2-3 months (which is a conservative number, the Pen20 can last longer than that) just to be on the safe side. That way you'd be able to make sure that you are hitting reset each time.

I'd say with minimal instructions and watching a video or two, someone using a soldering iron and is at least minimally careful likely has less of a chance of damaging the device than random usage of foil and pencil (moreso if they leave the foil or pencil lead in.)

The V-Pet board is reasonably friendly for new people with a soldering iron overall I think.
Yeah I agree there. I practiced a couple of times on random piece of metal as well, which helped.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a question which I'm sure is answered somewhere in this thread, but it would take me forever to search it out, so I'm going to ask here. In the original Pendulums, you needed two devices to Jogress, and the result was different for each device (the person with a Deep Savers device would get a Deep Savers Perfect/Ultimate, while the person with a Nightmare Soldiers device would get a Nightmare Soldiers Perfect/Ultimate, etc.). Is this version, does Jogress still result in two different Digimon, or do the Digimon actually combine?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@TMS When connecting two devices to Jogress, each device gets its own specific outcome like on the originals. However, if you raise two Digimon on one Pendulum, and choose to Jogress those two Digimon together, they combine into one Digimon, with the result being determined by which Digimon was selected first for Jogressing. You then get left with an empty slot where the second Digimon used to be.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, so the result of combining two Digimon is up to the player. Thank you.