20th Anniversary Pendulum discussion thread

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You are definitely smarter than me, I had basically no experience with a soldering iron when I did mine. Bought my iron just for that purpose haha. Managed not to destroy anything!
I'd say with minimal instructions and watching a video or two, someone using a soldering iron and is at least minimally careful likely has less of a chance of damaging the device than random usage of foil and pencil (moreso if they leave the foil or pencil lead in.)

The V-Pet board is reasonably friendly for new people with a soldering iron overall I think.
I considered it, but then I decided to just...try again! And guess what, it worked out! I think the issue was that I wasn't drawing ON the connections, I was being careful to get between them. Either way, I now have all 18 eggs (minus Lalamon, of course). I have one concern though. I'm concerned about losing my progress if the battery dies. I'd really hate to have to go through all that work again, just because I didn't hit reset before the battery died. Are there any indications I should be on the lookout for? Or is this just a hazard I may have to deal with?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Heck yeah! Congrats on the success! For the life of me I cannot remember if the Pen20 has a low battery warning because the Pen20 lasts for a good long time on one battery, much longer than the DM20 or DMX in my experience. As such, i wouldn't worry too much about it, but to be on the safe side, you can always just swap your battery every 2-3 months (which is a conservative number, the Pen20 can last longer than that) just to be on the safe side. That way you'd be able to make sure that you are hitting reset each time.

I'd say with minimal instructions and watching a video or two, someone using a soldering iron and is at least minimally careful likely has less of a chance of damaging the device than random usage of foil and pencil (moreso if they leave the foil or pencil lead in.)

The V-Pet board is reasonably friendly for new people with a soldering iron overall I think.
Yeah I agree there. I practiced a couple of times on random piece of metal as well, which helped.

Last edited:

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a question which I'm sure is answered somewhere in this thread, but it would take me forever to search it out, so I'm going to ask here. In the original Pendulums, you needed two devices to Jogress, and the result was different for each device (the person with a Deep Savers device would get a Deep Savers Perfect/Ultimate, while the person with a Nightmare Soldiers device would get a Nightmare Soldiers Perfect/Ultimate, etc.). Is this version, does Jogress still result in two different Digimon, or do the Digimon actually combine?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@TMS When connecting two devices to Jogress, each device gets its own specific outcome like on the originals. However, if you raise two Digimon on one Pendulum, and choose to Jogress those two Digimon together, they combine into one Digimon, with the result being determined by which Digimon was selected first for Jogressing. You then get left with an empty slot where the second Digimon used to be.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay, so the result of combining two Digimon is up to the player. Thank you.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if this has been answered anywhere, but can the version 20th pendulums Jogress with the original Pendulums or any of the other devices out there? Also anyone have any advice where I could get some of these version 20th pendulums?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Samtheweebo They cannot, Pendulum Ver.20th devices can only Jogress with each other, Original Pendulums will not work. In general I recommend using JapanYouWant.com for most Digimon Vpets, as their prices are decent. To see when they get them in stock, I follow them with notifications on Twitter, so consider doing that if you want to know when their stock updates. Otherwise, eBay and Buyee are your best bets.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I broke down and recently bought and received the Pendulum v 20th black silver and blue silver. I have heard rumors that once you raise enough different Digimon all the normal pendulum eggs will be unlocked. Is this true? I know the special bonus eggs are color and version specific, but I'm talking about the normal ones like Nature Spirits and Deep Savers. Nature Spirits is supposedly only in black and Deep Savers is supposedly only in blue, but can you unlock them in the other color device by raising up a lot of different Digimon?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m pretty excited. I wasn’t looking for them/expecting to spend any money yesterday but a local seller had some import Vpets on Facebook and I was able to grab a new sealed Blue V1 and a basically new (has had one run played on it) Beelzebumon Black V2 for $170.00 Australian (roughly $110 USD) He’s specifically only wanted $60 for The V2 because it wasn’t still sealed, and at that price I was more than pleased, especially with the sold eBay listings last two months and with how poorly our dollar is trading.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Through normal means it is not possible, it is only possible by opening up the device and modding it (via making some soldering connections) to switch versions and unlock all the eggs across all versions. Details on doing so are here, but it's not without risks so it should not be approached lightly: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cM4tV4Ra9JsHu5E9cmmoRg8EmAWQJH_6DD99R3Vl_HE/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks for letting me know. I'm not sure where I heard that rumor, but I was a bit hopeful. Still really awesome to have the black and blue. I don't think I'll try to modify them at all, maybe I will if I ever finish raising all the available digimon on the devices.

It's nice how the pendulums can get copymon from the english ver 20ths. Speaking of the copymon, I notice that sometimes the copymon gets used in the training attacks, but different copymon seem to work differently in the training. Some are always a part of the attack when I get a mega hit, others never join in. Is there some sort of compatibility between raised digimon and the copymon? Like do some copymon work well with some certain digimons while others don't? I thought it had to do with the digimon types like a Data digimon worked well with a Data copymon, but this only worked for two adults I had. Once they evolved to perfect Data, matching copymon types didn't make the copymons show up in training attacks.

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of the copymon, I notice that sometimes the copymon gets used in the training attacks, but different copymon seem to work differently in the training. Some are always a part of the attack when I get a mega hit, others never join in. Is there some sort of compatibility between raised digimon and the copymon? Like do some copymon work well with some certain digimons while others don't? I thought it had to do with the digimon types like a Data digimon worked well with a Data copymon, but this only worked for two adults I had. Once they evolved to perfect Data, matching copymon types didn't make the copymons show up in training attacks.
I got into the details of that here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...cISMdc_vgDQvJCOO23Qgsr1xIY/edit#gid=164981533

You almost had it. It depends on the main Digimon's level and attribute, and the second Digimon's attribute.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of the copymon, I notice that sometimes the copymon gets used in the training attacks, but different copymon seem to work differently in the training. Some are always a part of the attack when I get a mega hit, others never join in. Is there some sort of compatibility between raised digimon and the copymon? Like do some copymon work well with some certain digimons while others don't? I thought it had to do with the digimon types like a Data digimon worked well with a Data copymon, but this only worked for two adults I had. Once they evolved to perfect Data, matching copymon types didn't make the copymons show up in training attacks.
I got into the details of that here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...cISMdc_vgDQvJCOO23Qgsr1xIY/edit#gid=164981533

You almost had it. It depends on the main Digimon's level and attribute, and the second Digimon's attribute.
Thanks for the info. I haven't had enough time to understand the spreadsheet yet though.

Samtheweebo

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there any way to do a Tag battle between the V-pet 20th and Pendulum V20th? I think I have tried all the different battle options. So far I think they can only work as "other" battle

xchiazyx

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi All,

I would like to check is there a way to remove copymon on Digimon Pendulum ver.20th other that jogress it to make it disappear?

Thanks!

Megatronacepticon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi All,

I would like to check is there a way to remove copymon on Digimon Pendulum ver.20th other that jogress it to make it disappear?

Thanks!
The only way to remove a copymon is to overwrite it with another copymon, which unfortunately doesn't solve the problem. The copymon are cute but they do kind of spoil the authenticity of the Pendulum device if you're trying to experience what that original device might have been like.

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone have any recommendations of trying to get the black one of these? I got the blue one when it came out, but now they've skyrocketed in price it seems. Also, my Pen20th Blue seems to have lost its save data once I started it back up. I remember reading that this could happen before. Is there any way to avoid this?

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Anyone have any recommendations of trying to get the black one of these? I got the blue one when it came out, but now they've skyrocketed in price it seems. Also, my Pen20th Blue seems to have lost its save data once I started it back up. I remember reading that this could happen before. Is there any way to avoid this?
keep an eye on Jaoanyouwant and Buyee, unfortunately there's not much more I can say about finding one. As for save data, always hit the reset button before and after changing the battery. If you plan on not using the device for some time, hit the reset button and remove the battery. This will help safely isolate the save data so that you are less likely to run into corruption.

whatthechuck3

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
keep an eye on Jaoanyouwant and Buyee, unfortunately there's not much more I can say about finding one. As for save data, always hit the reset button before and after changing the battery. If you plan on not using the device for some time, hit the reset button and remove the battery. This will help safely isolate the save data so that you are less likely to run into corruption.
thanks I’ll keep that in mind. I did buy a soldering iron today in order to potentially get all the eggs per your hacking tutorial. Question, since mines the silver blue it should already have JP2 connected right? Is it connected with solder? It’s hard to tell in the pic. Would I just remove that solder with the iron? How likely am I to screw this all up lol

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
thanks I’ll keep that in mind. I did buy a soldering iron today in order to potentially get all the eggs per your hacking tutorial. Question, since mines the silver blue it should already have JP2 connected right? Is it connected with solder? It’s hard to tell in the pic. Would I just remove that solder with the iron? How likely am I to screw this all up lol
Yep, it is connected with solder, so you will be able to remove that with your iron. Just make sure your hand is incredibly steady and that you follow every step perfectly, including the resetting. There's always a chance you can lose save data from the procedure even being as careful as possible, but following the steps really helps prevent that.