20th Anniversary Pendulum discussion thread

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I finally got around to opening up my V2 Dukemon last week. I attempted to go for MarineAngemon and Ofanimon but I have failed... Zudomon lost too many battles and got so far into consecutive losses it just was never gonna get better unless I restarted the Colosseum and beat the rookies, and I was just... too far gone to do that. Nevertheless Zudo Boi braved on and and damn near beat the entire Colosseum all on his own (Salo/Gatomon had done a few very early chump fights). He got stuck at Beelzebumon for over 20 fights but after that he steadied on and just beat everyone else relatively easily.

Gatomon didn't evolve for some reason. She had at 18/27 Single Wins/Losses but then I did team battles and she was 31/33. Do team fights not count toward the needed 12/15 most recent battles to evolve? In any case I jogressed and evolved her to MagnaAngemon after a day or two of waiting and realising it wasn't gonna happen on its own. Fingers crossed that he evolves into Seraphimon today. I'm very much enjoying the Pendulum, it has a lot of improvements to the OG V20.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tags and singles both count in the same pool, and it sounds like your most recent 15 had at least 12 wins, so that requirement should have been fine. Could be that you got a few care mistakes?

And I agree! it's hard to go back to the DM20 these days, with all the improvements made to the Pen20 and DMX!

DigitalCowboy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
--- Edit: RE:Thank you Kintang.

Last edited:

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think it is a fine device. Usually the accelerometer gave out when the battery needed to be changed anyway.

Timkun55

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Something so odd happened to my Beelzebumon Pendulum yesterday that I had to post about it.
Decided to start raising it again after taking a break for a couple of months, and my Left Digimon had passed away (grave) and my Right Digimon was paused in the Freezer.
I picked the Meicoomon Egg for the Left side and took my DORUgoramon out of the freezer (Age 67).
The Egg started to hatch, but the battery went flat right as the hatching animation finished. I replaced the battery right away, and everything seemed fine. The Call Light was on, so I fed the new baby (YukimiBotamon) to fill its Hunger and Strength Hearts.
But the Call Light didn't turn off. I checked DORUgoramon and its Hearts were all full. I waited a few minutes, fed the baby again, but still, the Call Light stayed on.
After a little while, YukimiBotamon evolved into Nyaromon, and I noticed the Call Light had turned off. Immediately after Nyaromon had evolved though, DORUgoramon started to evolve too!! It evolved into a Motimon!
Since then, Nyaromon has become Plotmon and Motimon has become Tentomon. The Tentomon is 68 years old and seems to be behaving like a regular Rookie (Child) level.
I don't know how a Mega (Ultimate) form could evolve into an In-Training (Baby 2), but, yeah, thought it was worth the share to see if anyone else has had anything weird like this happen to them!

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's the fun thing about these devices, and especially the Pen20 which is more prone to it. If the battery dies and the ram isn't properly cleared, weird crap can happen. To prevent it from happening, it's always best to hit the reset button before changing the battery, as this seems to cut off the save data from active ram, preventing it from corrupting. My technical analysis may not be perfectly accurate, but that's what seems to be the case in my experience.

Of course obviously it's not always possible to replace the battery cleanly, so sometimes this kind of thing is unavoidable. It's also basically how tab-cheating works.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I finally got my hands on a silver black device, and I've been studying Humulos' guide on how to hack all the eggs in over and over again before opening up, but there's something that mystifies me. The last step requires you to be in the silver blue version, and to complete all 100 regular and tag battles. Understandable, but that unlocks the last two eggs according to the guide, but after checking over Wikimon, I saw that it's necessary to switch back to silver black in order to get the Meicoomon and Vorvomon eggs. My question is, could I just finish the coliseum battles before hacking? Or do I have to miss out on Meicoomon/Vorvomon (blue) or Ryudamon/Veemon (black)?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The intention is to start with all possible eggs already unlocked so that you don't have to open and close more than necessary, and the guide is written from that perspective (see step 4). So yeah, definitely make sure you unlock Meicoomon and Vorvomon BEFORE starting to create the least amount of work!

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, thanks as always, Humulos! I must have misread the instructions. I'll be sure to complete both arenas before opening this little guy up and switching versions!

jeffraven

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have a guardromon in pendulum beezebub colour, i want to evolve it to big mamemon, as per the guide
https://humulos.com/digimon/pen20/#mem

The requirement is an adult VA or FR,
so i used my ancient pendulum 4, birdramon VA to try and jogress but it keep showing error.
Or both version are not compatible?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Afraid not! The Pendulum Ver.20th is only able to Jogress with other Pendulum Ver.20th devices, though apparently the Pen5.5 can kind of spoof a jogress via battle connection.

You are in luck though, if you need a Free Digimon to Jogress with, you can get Stingmon using a Password, which should work fine!

Raptorbiscut

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey new guy here. Any news on if we would ever get an english release of the pendulum? My wife is really into digimon and I'm getting us the original vpet 20th anniversery 2nd wave coming out. We are busy adults though and the pendulum has a pause feature that the regular ones don't.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Raptorbiscut it isn’t likely, but with how popular the D20’s have been there is always a sliver of hope. The Pen20 is pretty much all i English anyway, with the exception of the Digimon names.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I hope this is the right place to ask...

I was attempting to hack my Silver Black, but despite filling in JP3, I couldn't seem to switch versions. I lost my data anyway, so I'm going to attempt to debug tomorrow in order to get my album full again, but does anyone know what I should do if my pencil doesn't work? Should I use tin foil?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I was attempting to hack my Silver Black, but despite filling in JP3, I couldn't seem to switch versions. I lost my data anyway, so I'm going to attempt to debug tomorrow in order to get my album full again, but does anyone know what I should do if my pencil doesn't work? Should I use tin foil?
Basically the only thing I will ever recommend is solder. The other methods are finicky, unstable and unreliable. The first time I did it I did use foil and electrical tape, but every time after that I used solder and it is SO much easier to do, and far more reliable.

Loke

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Basically the only thing I will ever recommend is solder. The other methods are finicky, unstable and unreliable. The first time I did it I did use foil and electrical tape, but every time after that I used solder and it is SO much easier to do, and far more reliable.
If that's the case, after I attempt a bit of foil, I think I'll let it go. I've never soldered before, and I would really hate to destroy my little Pendulum. It's crazy, it looked like a bit of wire was connected to the JP3 connection, maybe the previous owner tried and failed? I have no idea. It came right off, I didn't think much of it.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You are definitely smarter than me, I had basically no experience with a soldering iron when I did mine. Bought my iron just for that purpose haha. Managed not to destroy anything!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You are definitely smarter than me, I had basically no experience with a soldering iron when I did mine. Bought my iron just for that purpose haha. Managed not to destroy anything!
I'd say with minimal instructions and watching a video or two, someone using a soldering iron and is at least minimally careful likely has less of a chance of damaging the device than random usage of foil and pencil (moreso if they leave the foil or pencil lead in.)

The V-Pet board is reasonably friendly for new people with a soldering iron overall I think.