Dance

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That’s pretty cool but I’d be too paranoid to try it myself, especially when I’m dropping a hundred bucks on just one. Still neat to l know this can be done.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got my Silver Blue last Friday, and I have some doubts, as it's my first complete experience with a V-Pet.

How do I know if one of my Digimon failed to evolve?
Any good strategy for rising Digimon who need Jogress in order to evolve?
What's the most time efficent way to gain Care Mistakes for evolution?
Is there any way to change the Copymon that is currently with my Digimon?
I've read that changing battery can screw up my save data and that makes me scared. If you were explaining to a complete dummy like me, what are the steps to follow to reduce the chances of this happening? (I didn't quite got Humulos' reply)
Is Silver Blue unhackable? (for egg unlocks)
Is there any benefit towards having high Effort if my Digimon is already going to evolve into Ultimate?
Happy to hear you decided to get started with Vpets! To answer your questions:

- Your Digimon is guaranteed to evolve into Adult. After that point, if you fail to evolve your Digimon will start losing Hunger and Strength hearts faster than normal.
- The basics go like this: Vaccine Adult + Vaccine/Data Adult = Vaccine Perfect, Data Adult + Data Adult = Data Perfect, Virus Adult + Virus/Data Adult = Virus Perfect. For evolving into Ultimate, you need two Digimon of the same attribute, and MOST Vaccine Perfects cannot Jogress. If you only have one device, just plan ahead to have the Digimon you need. If you have two devices, send copymon as Jogress fodder.
- If you have time, just let the hunger and strength hearts drain on their own. If you need care mistakes faster, set the clock to your Digimon's bed time and don't put it to sleep. Wait 30 minutes for the call light to go out (make sure it does go out!) and then change the clock back to normal time, and repeat the process.
- If you have two copymon already, you will be prompted to overwrite one when receiving a new copymon.
- When you need to change the battery, hit the reset button before doing anything. This will take you to the splash screen, at which point you should be safe to remove the battery. After inserting the new battery, hit reset again, then proceed as normal.
- All Digimon Pendulum devices are entirely hackable, Silver Black is just the easiest to hack since it doesn't have any existing connections on JP1-4. On Silver Blue you would need to remove the JP2 connection in order to get the Silver Blue eggs.
- Effort is only useful for evolving from Child to Adult, no other evolution benefits from it, and it does not make your Digimon stronger. Having full strength on the other hand, does make your Digimon stronger.

So I’ve been eyeing the Pen20th on eBay for a while. I really want one, but I can’t afford both and I’d also like to order an X2. Will I missing out on a proper experience if I only have one? I’ve been raising my 2 English 20th vepts for a month and I’ve kinda gotten used to having two pets with me. From what I understand I will still be able to send copy data from the English 20th pets to use as Jogred partners for the pendulum, will this still give me an edge when it comes to raising just the one pendulum?

Also, general consensus. Which is your preferred colour? I was going to get the Blue at first because I knew it had Tailmon and my fiancé wants to raise her, then I realized the black one has her too just in a different egg. Aside from the aussie Pendulum Cycles I’ve never raised a pendulum before, I’m very excited.
There will be a few Jogresses you can't get, and of course you would miss out on the eggs exclusive to the other devices (unless you hack), but otherwise the Pen20 is great on its own. You even have a DM20 already, so you could send Copymon from that as Jogress fodder. If you do get one, the Dukemon and Beelzebumon colors are superior, as they have more Digimon than Silver Black and Silver Blue. Unless you REALLY like Terriermon or Lopmon, and you are able to get the Duke/Beelzebu colors, get them.

What is JP4?
A connection on the circuit board for modern Digimon devices. It sets a flag during boot that in the case of the Pen20, makes all the Digimon names in English.

Mik3y112

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What is JP4?
A connection on the circuit board for modern Digimon devices. It sets a flag during boot that in the case of the Pen20, makes all the Digimon names in English.
It’s just the Digimon names that change?

No need for me to do anything then since I can read basic jap fine lol.

I’ve ordered the beelzebub pendulum. Also got the digivice helper coming. Save me having to get another pendulum.

Last edited:

zeronaga

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's a good one. Has any one confirmed if you bring Durandamon over from a vpet20th, would it still jogress with Bryweludramon (ludo egg) like you raised it off of the zuba egg? Same question if someone brought over a Jesmon(from the hackmon egg on the 20th) and fought Alphamon, would the Jesmon still get the X antibody form?

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Here's a good one. Has any one confirmed if you bring Durandamon over from a vpet20th, would it still jogress with Bryweludramon (ludo egg) like you raised it off of the zuba egg? Same question if someone brought over a Jesmon(from the hackmon egg on the 20th) and fought Alphamon, would the Jesmon still get the X antibody form?
Durandamon can indeed be copied over from the Ver.20th v-pet and joressed with Bryweludramon.

The only way Copymons can evolve is by jogressing with one of the Digimon you're raising, so a copied Jesmon cannot become Jesmon X.

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@humulos thank you for the detailed reply. To be honest I hadn’t even considered the wave two Pendulums because I didn’t care for the colors, but if you think they’re far superior I may have to reconsiders.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If i have Sistermon ciel copymon can she be used to jogress with a Digimon that needs a vaccine Champion to jogress to perfect?

Aldath

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks to Humulos for the reply and the warm welcome :D

I have a couple more doubts tho:

-My V-Pet's sound sometimes sounds "deeper" or a little distorted, then goes back to normal. This started happening after a couple days I got it, and usually after long training or battling sessions, or Digivolving.

-Pressing two buttons at once (A+C to mute, for example) usually doesn't works. I have to hold A or C and then the other button in order for it to respond, is this normal also?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

For JP4, yeah. There's also JPs 1-3, which all do something different. On the Pen20, JP1 toggles debug mode, JP2 toggles odd or even eggs, and JP3 toggles wave 1 or 2. Switching between versions allows for all eggs available between all versions of the Pendulum to be unlocked on one device, but it's a complex process that can damage your device when you aren't careful.

If i have Sistermon ciel copymon can she be used to jogress with a Digimon that needs a vaccine Champion to jogress to perfect?
I feel like the answer to that is yes, as I see no reason why that wouldn't work, but I've never personally tried it. I just so happen to be raising a Kiwimon right now that I will be jogressing into Garudamon tomorrow evening, so if you haven't tried by then, I will have.

-My V-Pet's sound sometimes sounds "deeper" or a little distorted, then goes back to normal. This started happening after a couple days I got it, and usually after long training or battling sessions, or Digivolving.

-Pressing two buttons at once (A+C to mute, for example) usually doesn't works. I have to hold A or C and then the other button in order for it to respond, is this normal also?
For the sound, issues usually stem from one of two places: low battery or bad connection. Try swapping the battery and see if it persists. Unfortunately with electronics like this, there is a chance that the connections to the speaker can get loose, which will cause distorted sound, and I don't recommend attempting to fix that on your own.

As for mute, it's definitely just a simultaneous press, no hold needed. Once the top and bottom button are both pressed in, it just goes silent.

Mik3y112

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

For JP4, yeah. There's also JPs 1-3, which all do something different. On the Pen20, JP1 toggles debug mode, JP2 toggles odd or even eggs, and JP3 toggles wave 1 or 2. Switching between versions allows for all eggs available between all versions of the Pendulum to be unlocked on one device, but it's a complex process that can damage your device when you aren't careful.
I saw a guide for that. I was thinking about it for when my beelzebumon 20 arrives. would like to raise v-mon egg line and lilimon from 4.0 lol

Snix

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooooh I am very excited. I sold off some comics to add some paypal funds and I have finally ordered two Pendulums! I ordered the V1 Silver Black and the V2 Dukemon. Looking at the evolution charts I will get the best of both worlds while still getting physical colours that i like.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like the answer to that is yes, as I see no reason why that wouldn't work, but I've never personally tried it. I just so happen to be raising a Kiwimon right now that I will be jogressing into Garudamon tomorrow evening, so if you haven't tried by then, I will have.
Alright, let me know how it goes!

zeronaga

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welp, they made Mastemon too good lol. She carried me all the way to through the singles battles and only really had a problem with Examon and Grace novamon at the end.

I just had to feed her a meat+vitamin if she started losing and she was back knocking them out.

Mik3y112

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I got my beelzebumon pendulum today. Why is my digimon showing a call sign. I couldn’t poop clean. Wasn’t hungry. Can’t do anything apart from turning on and off light options. Call goes away if I press ON.

Why is that?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Your Digimon is tired! When you turned off the lights, that put it to bed, and when you turned them back on, it woke it up. Digimon on the Pen20 show being tired differently from the DM20. When tired, they cycle back and forth between their sleeping animation, and when you put them to bed they get Zs.

Mik3y112

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Your Digimon is tired! When you turned off the lights, that put it to bed, and when you turned them back on, it woke it up. Digimon on the Pen20 show being tired differently from the DM20. When tired, they cycle back and forth between their sleeping animation, and when you put them to bed they get Zs.
When i did it the lights off the first time, it went into freeze mode.

Not until later calls did it actually go to sleep.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did you figure out the sistermon thing?

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah! I tested that and totally forgot to respond, my bad! Sistermon Ciel CAN'T be used for Jogressing. Tested with Kiwimon, no good. Kiwimon then was able to Jogress with a Kabuterimon no problem. This means only Stingmon, Ofanimon FDM and Beel Starmon can be used for Jogressing.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh yeah! I tested that and totally forgot to respond, my bad! Sistermon Ciel CAN'T be used for Jogressing. Tested with Kiwimon, no good. Kiwimon then was able to Jogress with a Kabuterimon no problem. This means only Stingmon, Ofanimon FDM and Beel Starmon can be used for Jogressing.
Aw that's unfortunate. Does she have mega stats then?