20th Anniversary Pendulum discussion thread

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got Tentomon/Gomamon/Bakumon/Piyomon with 0 effort, I think.

But this thread is going to get impossible to follow if everyone posts their evolution results in real-time. What would be the best idea instead?

Put them here for now: https://withthewill.net/threads/20478-20th-Anniversary-Pendulum-results-thread
Perfect, thank you! I’ve added my spreadsheet to that thread as well as some guidelines for what would be helpful.

Oh, I see. Is there a way to check care mistakes?
I WISH! They made it easier to check training with the introduction of effort hearts, but Care Mistakes you still have to keep track of yourself.

So is there any overfeeding mechanic like in the ver 20th as well?
Probably not, but it’s possible. The original pendulum series didn’t use overfeeding to determine requirements, so this version probably doesn’t either.

hoky

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm. Interesting that they still let you overfeed even if it's not a mechanic.
So, for Care Mistakes, I'm guessing it's the same as the ver20th? 10 min timer after the digimon calls, empty health and strength counts, over 4 poops count, but other things done?

SkytheGoggleHead

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Full DP is needed to jogress but how does one refill their DP manually? In the 20th you can put them to take a nap but what about 20th pendulum?

Also since I’m new to the pendulums I’m still trying to figure out shakes but so far what I’ve noticed is Mochimon, Tentomon, Kapurimon, and ToyAgumon all like roughly bout 8 shakes, although they do their gigahit at different times when attacking. It might be that baby and child stages prefer about 8 shakes. I couldn’t figure out for Kabuterimon and I am still experimenting with Jagamon.

UPDATE: Jagamon likes 5-6 shakes. Also Gigahit in training is a copymon exclusive. If you train your digimon without a copymon and achieve the preferred number of shakes, they will do a megahit instead. Megahit looks like two strong attacks for all attacks thrown with a higher tone sound made when firing. Gigahits are the same as megahits but one of the fired attacks wiill involve the copymon. I think the copymon tells you which attack in a tag team fight will be a critical attack like in the ver. 20th.

Last edited:

Moonberry2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So what chances are there that a special egg requirement is raising a "natural" mega? I got a kabuterimon I'm thinking of jogressing with a garurumon copymon I threw on when I started.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So now that I have two child level Digimon, it seems that it tracks single and tag battle wins separately. So that could be another Evolution requirement.

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So now that I have two child level Digimon, it seems that it tracks single and tag battle wins separately. So that could be another Evolution requirement.
The V-Pet (20th) tracked them separately as well but they both counted as the same 'pool' of battles. Training too, but I ended up only doing Tag Battles on the V-Pet because they racked up faster.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, I see. My bad, still new to these.

Btw, is there any way to check care mistakes, or do you have to keep track of them yourself?

frostykun

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, I see. My bad, still new to these.

Btw, is there any way to check care mistakes, or do you have to keep track of them yourself?
You will have to keep track of that yourself.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I assume that care mistakes are counted the same way, I at least haven't seen anything to contradict that. Not sure about poop though, I'm not sure that that was counted as a care mistake on the Digital Monster, rather it just lessened your life span when you got sick from it. I could be wrong though.

DP can only be restored from a full night's sleep, so you can't just rocket from one jogress to the next.

A special egg probably becomes available after your first death. This was the case in the Digital Monster.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tentomon predictably evolved into Kabuterimon with no mistakes and max effort. I'll try 0 effort on both it and Tapirmon, the latter of which should be evolving around midnight.

SkytheGoggleHead

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I assume that care mistakes are counted the same way, I at least haven't seen anything to contradict that. Not sure about poop though, I'm not sure that that was counted as a care mistake on the Digital Monster, rather it just lessened your life span when you got sick from it. I could be wrong though.

DP can only be restored from a full night's sleep, so you can't just rocket from one jogress to the next.

A special egg probably becomes available after your first death. This was the case in the Digital Monster.
Ah ok thanks! By full night’s sleep I’m assuming a full 8 hours? In the ver 20th it was only 3 hours to refill energy.

I have also been told that yes in the ver 20th poop damage doesn’t count as care mistakes but can shorten lifespan due to injury(20 injuries in one stage was the limit for death). I think it’s safe to assume the same works for the pendulum.

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the Digimon V20th, you could put them to sleep when they should be awake, and it would refill their energy. In the P20th, you can't make them take a nap, you put them in a fridge for up to ten hours. It just freezes them as they are.

SkytheGoggleHead

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In the Digimon V20th, you could put them to sleep when they should be awake, and it would refill their energy. In the P20th, you can't make them take a nap, you put them in a fridge for up to ten hours. It just freezes them as they are.
I’m aware. I was just wondering in case I need some DP to fulfill battle requirements and I don’t have a lot of time left before they evolve to something that isn’t my goal and all that jazz. Freezing doesn’t refill DP since hey aren’t sleeping I assume.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finally got mine. One thing I'm puzzled about is that there doesn't seem to be a Tamer name option anywhere. I guess they got rid of that "feature"?

I wish they let you select your first DigiTama instead of saddling you with Bubbmon and Pitchimon. Much rather have started off with YukimiBotamon and Mokumon.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don’t worry, you’ll be able to get those eggs tomorrow 
Thanks! Question - can you make Copymon or share Baby I and Baby II Digimon data between Blue and Black to fill up the album or do you only need Child+? I didn't get the Digital Monster Ver. 20th so I'm not sure what goes into the album.

At this point, I'm most interested in how they're going to differentiate the .0 and .5 Digimon evolution requirements. It could be opposite generations like the Pendulum X's or a simple 50/50 coin flip for the same slot . . .

hoky

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I guess the thread where we were just updating one post w/our results got deleted?

also, got Augumon and Toy Augumon at 0 care mistakes, 3 Effort (can confirm they evolved in their sleep, too, right on time for the 12 hour mark. They woke up, evolved, and went back to bed)

Last edited:

EnderKitsune

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I had to take mine apart and clean to help with buttons not working. As you will see white and shiny dust under the buttons. It was worse than what camera shows.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/116XWLcZ6ru3BiqHFj9YYHNyt_ArFvvDZ/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aZ4-cIRjWbPHwByo3B8rxJP2VHWH0Tgv/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19y48sXwB68MAkaE0U126Q3IVlRPqCGJs/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sDHPgSs0x1M47hMw-coNX5SUKgktMzF_/view?usp=drivesdk

Post not finished.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bjwrc_v23Pi-x5r6j_7mgKbh32D5FCez/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LUx974dTNiuNAvdu5EnBMfgib1zYF4nf/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AXkuP8V67ZR_h6OmhhD_2fKc1oviiYQO/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pe1jKUFjLyU6g-JbRhqJp7L2xozVP-JD/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JtVoTQDkKUAs01XNqHP6mvbCj88wqX2s/view?usp=drivesdk

Second set of photos kind of show a step by step of putting pendulum back together. I was in a hurry. But after looking back. I dont think the pendulum actually needs to be in there. Someone mentioned accelerometer with dummy pendulum. Not sure if thats right.

The final step with the pendulum is kind of touchy. If you tighten the screw and have parts set right, it should lift pendulum off circuit board.

Update: After silverBlack Tailmon evolved to Angewomon, i took pendulum out and trained with an immediate result of Megahit and Megahit. Did it again and same thing. Tested with less shakes just to see if a weaker attack would be used. And its a success. I think the pendulum just makes the potential accelerometer shake count in the circuit all screwed up. At least mine was crazy and inconsistent on count. Umm... this might be like a cheat.

-Currently raising-
Black: Angewomon and Hanumon
Blue: Whamon and Ganimon
I tried taking mine apart to fix this problem as well, but I didn't see any white dust under the buttons on my blue one. So, I wonder if they're just stiff and need some breaking in. It seems they're becoming more responsive as I press them a lot and firmly.

Still, thank you so much for the instructions. I never would have figured out how to get the pendulum hammer back on without them.

Last edited:

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, when I went on a hike today, I put my dudes in cold storage. I had emptied it earlier because I want them to have high battle ratios.

After about 4 hours or so, after the hike, I took them out of the fridge. Tadaaa- refilled energy!

So apparently it does work like the nap function, it just stops their aging and hearts from dropping.