20th Anniversary Pendulum discussion thread

BetamonZ

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
NOTICE: DraCat mentioned they did not have to remove pendulum to take out their circuit board. I have not tried it yet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/116XWLcZ6ru3BiqHFj9YYHNyt_ArFvvDZ/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aZ4-cIRjWbPHwByo3B8rxJP2VHWH0Tgv/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19y48sXwB68MAkaE0U126Q3IVlRPqCGJs/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sDHPgSs0x1M47hMw-coNX5SUKgktMzF_/view?usp=drivesdk

Post not finished.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bjwrc_v23Pi-x5r6j_7mgKbh32D5FCez/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LUx974dTNiuNAvdu5EnBMfgib1zYF4nf/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AXkuP8V67ZR_h6OmhhD_2fKc1oviiYQO/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pe1jKUFjLyU6g-JbRhqJp7L2xozVP-JD/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JtVoTQDkKUAs01XNqHP6mvbCj88wqX2s/view?usp=drivesdk

Second set of photos kind of show a step by step of putting pendulum back together. I was in a hurry. But after looking back. I dont think the pendulum actually needs to be in there. Someone mentioned accelerometer with dummy pendulum. Not sure if thats right.

The final step with the pendulum is kind of touchy. If you tighten the screw and have parts set right, it should lift pendulum off circuit board.

Update: After silverBlack Tailmon evolved to Angewomon, i took pendulum out and trained with an immediate result of Megahit and Megahit. Did it again and same thing. Tested with less shakes just to see if a weaker attack would be used. And its a success. I think the pendulum just makes the potential accelerometer shake count in the circuit all screwed up. At least mine was crazy and inconsistent on count. Umm... this might be like a cheat. Life hack. Shhh, its finally quiet. Lol

Update: Shake count in battle has still become somewhat difficult to perform strong attacks all the time with pendulums taken out.

Update: After using the debug shake counter to test shakes. Shakes are almost 100% accurate once performed properly.

-

Last edited:

Olive

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Did this fix the problem with buttons either being too "sticky"/out-right unresponsive?

Id be willing to take mine apart, I've done it before; I can get the key chain off while i'm at it.

Also my pendulum has a similar issue where I feel like It could be stuck (unless they are just different builds compared to the original design).
I do hear a noise and feel some sort of response but it seems random.

Its counting though, I mean I can get a Megahit every time as long as I shake it pretty carefully (like how the old ones had secret low shake counts).

EDIT: How easy do you think it would be to replace the background image without something completely different?
For instance one taken from the older models or something that you printed in high quality?

So many questions I know, but this is new so we're the only ones who can figure it out since we're all on the same page.

Last edited:

BetamonZ

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The buttons on my black and blue are still a little touchy. But much better than pressing blue 3 or 4 times with no response.

Someone else may be able to clean contact points better than me too.

Blue was horrible tho.

While taking blue apart. The background actually fell out. Was easy putting it back in. But i didnt take the screen off. Just prayed that it didnt fall off while handling upside down.

Also shake counts on mine havn't been mastered yet. Not sure how hard and all im supposed to shake. Not wanting to break it. Lol.
Alright gotta get back to work.

Btw. You need a polarized lcd background. If you can print one out let me know. I am interested in them too. Whatever the technical names are. In hurry here

Last edited:

hoky

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just got both my Pendulum 20th's from JapanYouWant today. Thanks for linking to a ton of great information! Anything I can help test?

Just to add: I had one of the original digimon back in the day and got an Alphamon ver 20th when I started getting back into vpets at the start of the year, so Pendulums are totally new to me.

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just got both my Pendulum 20th's from JapanYouWant today. Thanks for linking to a ton of great information! Anything I can help test?

Just to add: I had one of the original digimon back in the day and got an Alphamon ver 20th when I started getting back into vpets at the start of the year, so Pendulums are totally new to me.
Welcome to the best V-Pet series!

Raise em how you like, but if you wouldn't mind, I personally would appreciate any details you can provide on what your Digis evolve into and what you did to get them there. (number of care mistakes, number of trainings)

Also, I haven't noticed yet, do these use Effort Hearts like the Digital Monster Ver 20th?

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Raise em how you like, but if you wouldn't mind, I personally would appreciate any details you can provide on what your Digis evolve into and what you did to get them there. (number of care mistakes, number of trainings)

Also, I haven't noticed yet, do these use Effort Hearts like the Digital Monster Ver 20th?
Yes they do use effort Hearts. I have a feeling if we focus on hearts plus care mistakes it will help us out in deciphering the requirements, at least early on.

https://youtu.be/vj-anxfl4OI

I think it’s a pretty good video. It’s shows of the instruction manual and the English menus. You can also see the effort hearts and records. Also no name entry or D-1 passwords too.

Last edited:

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My Mochimon became Tentomon with max effort and 0 care mistakes, if that helps. I'm planning on training my DemiMeramon the same way, as well as all their evolutions this first time.

Last edited:

hoky

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can do! Where there's not a huge guide yet and I'm usually pretty busy during the days with work, I'm sure I'll help find some of the bad-care versions. XD I'll try to keep an offline log, too.

I saw you guys talking about secret shake counts... is that on File Island or something? Or has it been confirmed that it's a different number for the v20th?

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh shoot, I forgot I should be checking weight too. My bad. I wanna say it was over 20 going into Tentomon.

Artzei

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello! I have created some evolution chart bases. If anyone wants to fill the necessary Image slots, feel free to do so!

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
^Nice! Those charts are going to be of great help!

My Mochimon became Tentomon with max effort and 0 care mistakes, if that helps. I'm planning on training my DemiMeramon the same way, as well as all their evolutions this first time.
Pretty sure max effort and 0 care mistakes will lead to the vaccine child/rookie. I wonder what child/rookie you can get with 0 effort? I imagine the most care mistakes will be tied to the virus child/rookie, although it’s just a simple guess.

Last edited:

MrBoot

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey, anyone know what I need to do in order to jogress? I've got an O next to the J on the status pages for my Digimon, but when I go to the connect menu and select jogress, it just plays an error sound.

EDIT: May be DP, I'm out currently.

Last edited:

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That could be it, you need 100% DP in order to jogress in the originals.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do we know what the passwords are?

Olive

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I believe they're for special copymon (you can also Jorgress them).

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No, I meant what the passwords themselves are. What you enter into the game to get the copymon. Sorry for not being clear. :p

Olive

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh I got you;
yeah then as far as I know they haven't released any.

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can confirm that tiny shakes, enough to move the device up and down but not hard enough to shake the pendulum, are enough to get mega hits. Piccolomon and PicoDevimon are both doing amazing because of this trick, and it doesn't make the clacky-clacky noise. I may be opening mine to see how it does without the pendulum.

Megadramon01010

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is anyone else interested in trying numbers to see if they work for passwords?