20th Anniversary Pendulum discussion thread

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guides when?
So far try out the old file island guides for the time being, maybe?

Although I’m pretty sure there has to be new requirements for the newly added X.5 Digimon. Really curious with how they will handle the two jogress mega data type from the 4.X and the two viruses from the 3.X and 5.X.

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Speaking of which, I've noticed File Island is missing the original 20ths.
Is it ever going to be updated?

mars87

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the latest second wave pendulum is ready for order in singapore.

http://sg.p-bandai.asia/bandaiasiawebshop/item-1000001805

it seems to have a new mode called "cold mode" which is good for busy people as my digimon tend to die when i'm super busy and unable to take care of it.

but it seems to be the repeating of the first wave of pendulum. if that's the case, there's no point to order it?

Last edited:

DigiGrader

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The cold mode exist in first wave so not new. However the new wave will have their own exclusives including darkdramon - jesmon x and bancholeomon

diginut

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
the latest second wave pendulum is ready for order in singapore.

http://sg.p-bandai.asia/bandaiasiawebshop/item-1000001805

it seems to have a new mode called "cold mode" which is good for busy people as my digimon tend to die when i'm super busy and unable to take care of it.

but it seems to be the repeating of the first wave of pendulum. if that's the case, there's no point to order it?
There are digimon exclusive to these versions, and we still don't know the full roster for the special eggs yet. More info will be released via the weekly MonMonMemo I suppose. Maybe they'll even give us new nightmare soldiers and virus busters?

mars87

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
kind of felt cheated as i had already order the first version of the pendulum, will be arriving this coming july. they should have released totally different version

Leviathan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
DeJapan has finally shipped mine out. Took 5 days for all the back and forth to be done and now it's finally on its way. I won't be using DeJapan again. My first time using a proxy but this seems way too slow and with so many other people and proxys, it doesn't seem to be this bad. Putting this out there so people know. Do not order from DeJapan unless you do not want your items as soon as possible.

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Answering some questions:

Assuming functionality similar to that of the Digital Monster Ver.20th, a dead battery will not be a problem. Your data will be saved, and when you pop in a new battery, you will have the option pick up right from where you left off.

File Island will unfortunately likely not be super helpful as a raising guide for these devices (nor will it likely be updated anytime in the near future). The addition of the .5 Digimon means that requirements all around will have to change, including requirements for Jogressing, which has already been evidenced on Twitter.

I would say we have a good few months before a really good guide is created, but stay tuned to Reddit and here. Also pay attention to this page: http://nhoko.xxxxxxxx.jp/pen-20th.html. That site was HUGE in discovering a lot of the secrets of the Digital Monster Ver.20th, and hopefully we will see them come through again.

All of that being said, is anyone willing to start a coordinated effort to determine evolutionary lines and non-obvious mechanics? My devices are being shipped from Japan today (I had ordered from eBay) so I don't expect to have them for a while, but I would be happy to lend my experience to that when possible. I'm going to start putting a Google Sheet together, DM me if you are interested.

SkytheGoggleHead

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got my pendulums yesterday! I’m not the best with figuring out stuff but currently I have a tentomon. It’s like the ver 20th that they give you an egg to start with and then you can choose what 2nd egg you want when it reaches child.

This might have been stated already but I was out of the know for it. Apparently their evolution timer is still active even when they are asleep unlike the ver 20th. But that is probably because sleep was the ver. 20th’s pause feature.

Another neat thing I’ve seen is how the copymon interacts with your digimon. I copied my omegamon from my ver.20th and it shows a little copymon on the left side. Now I haven’t tried copying another digimon for the right digimon yet because it makes it seem like I can have one each for them. In the status menu interface, the first digimon will have “L” next to it to indicate it is the left side like in Digimon world Next Order. The same applies to my copymon. I will see if I can have a copymon on either side later.

During training, I noticed I can achieve gigahit by doing short fast consistent shakes. When I get gigahit, the copymon shows up and adds power to my last hit. That’s something I wasn’t expecting. My friend who is playing alongside me never achieved gigahit. I’m assuming it’s a copymon special or a special for when you have more than one digimon but again I will have to see when I hatch my second egg later.

Sorry I’m not too useful right now. Hope everyone else gets their pendulums soon!

Last edited:

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This might have been stated already but I was out of the know for it. Apparently their evolution timer is still active even when they are asleep unlike the ver 20th. But that is probably because sleep was the ver. 20th’s pause feature.

This is the first I am hearing of this! That would make reaching Ultimate WAY faster than on the Digital Monster Ver.20th.

During training, I noticed I can achieve gigahit by doing short fast consistent shakes. When I get gigahit, the copymon shows up and adds power to my last hit. That’s something I wasn’t expecting. My friend who is playing alongside me never achieved gigahit. I’m assuming it’s a copymon special or a special for when you have more than one digimon but again I will have to see when I hatch my second egg later.

Sorry I’m not too useful right now. Hope everyone else gets their pendulums soon!

On the original Pendulum, each Digimon had a "sweet spot" for shaking the device, so it wasn't about shaking it as fast as possible, it was about shaking it the correct number of times. I assume this will follow the same idea. The addition of the Copymon helping is neat!

And any information is very useful, thank you!

Olive

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woo!! Just got my blue version today.

Im wondering if anyone else noticed that their "A" button was kind of sticky? Mine doesn't really have a solid click, the other two seem fine.
I've owned new original pendulums and have always loved that they were so crisp - anyone else notice that?

edit: it seems to come and go, maybe it's just because it's new.

Either way I'll be buying a black one soon - love everything about these anniversary ones so far.
Hopfully they run another batch of the first wave, if not I'll be getting a couple more from the second.

Last edited:

SkytheGoggleHead

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My friend and I noticed our buttons were very sticky too. Although mine is SO BAD with how sticky it is. I’m not sure if I just need to break t in or not.

SkytheGoggleHead

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also quick update, I just hatched my second egg and i copied my alter-s from my ver 20th over. It stays with my right side digimon. It looks like you can have two copymon interact with each other on both the left and right digimon which is pretty neat!

Also as a side note I am LOVING how they show little poop dances and actual sound notifications for when they poop! That’s something I didn’t like much about the ver 20th and their ninja poops haha

SkytheGoggleHead

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
On the original Pendulum, each Digimon had a "sweet spot" for shaking the device, so it wasn't about shaking it as fast as possible, it was about shaking it the correct number of times. I assume this will follow the same idea. The addition of the Copymon helping is neat!

And any information is very useful, thank you!
Good to know! Kind of makes battle a bit trickier. I’m gonna end up having super beefy arms just raising these guys haha!

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
humulos: Looks like you're using something copied from an old version of File Island (as it still has the doubly-bad "-2 Calls" phrasing). The one currently on File Island is probably more accurate, though it's not perfect either.

Sky: In this sort of situation, please edit your post rather than making multiple posts in a row.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Also quick update, I just hatched my second egg and i copied my alter-s from my ver 20th over. It stays with my right side digimon. It looks like you can have two copymon interact with each other on both the left and right digimon which is pretty neat!

Also as a side note I am LOVING how they show little poop dances and actual sound notifications for when they poop! That’s something I didn’t like much about the ver 20th and their ninja poops haha
Glad to know they added the poop dance and sound from the original Pendulums and on wards.

I wasn’t a fan either of the stealth poop of the Vpet version 20th. It’s been such a long time since I’ve played with an og Vpet I still don’t remember if they were originally like that.

Thanks for the copymon info too! Also yes each Digimon had a set number of shakes for their attacks in the original Pendulum.

Last edited:

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I ran my instruction manual through Google translate. It has some strange wording but it's pretty obvious what it's saying, just based on previous experience.

Are we not going to mention that the device's menus are in English like the old Pendulums?!

SkytheGoggleHead

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
humulos: Looks like you're using something copied from an old version of File Island (as it still has the doubly-bad "-2 Calls" phrasing). The one currently on File Island is probably more accurate, though it's not perfect either.

Sky: In this sort of situation, please edit your post rather than making multiple posts in a row.
Whoops sorry!

humulos

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Good call, I appreciate the heads up! I'm expecting almost all of the conditions to be redone, but in the meantime, I'll update to use the clearer phrasing.

I ran my instruction manual through Google translate. It has some strange wording but it's pretty obvious what it's saying, just based on previous experience.

Are we not going to mention that the device's menus are in English like the old Pendulums?!

Do you happen to have scans? And I didn't realize the menus were all in English, how interesting.