20th Anniversary Pendulum discussion thread

MrBoot

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
CR2032s are what they used on the last few v-pets. I was getting a few months of solid use on them without any trouble. I also haven't had any issues with losing saves when changing the batteries, so assuming they didn't do something different with these we should be good, still.

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good to know, thanks.

Wolfshark

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about the 'Test battery' it comes with though? This is the Twitter post that mentioned it Does this battery have a shorter lifespan? perhaps it's just there for you to test the device and maybe make it a bit safer and less likely to explode during shipping and whatnot. But if it does have a shorter lifespan it might be good to have an extra pack of batteries ready when it arrives then.

MrBoot

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What about the 'Test battery' it comes with though? This is the Twitter post that mentioned it Does this battery have a shorter lifespan? perhaps it's just there for you to test the device and maybe make it a bit safer and less likely to explode during shipping and whatnot. But if it does have a shorter lifespan it might be good to have an extra pack of batteries ready when it arrives then.
Most stores carry them for like a buck, and they last a few months. You don't really need to stock up.

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't know what brand of batteries you're seeing for $1, but I would make sure to buy a premium brand for batteries. You're not just paying more for extra charge but also less chance of leakage which can ruin your electronics.
I normally pay approx $5-7NZD tax included for an Energizer CR2032, not sure what US battery economics are like but $1USD (about $1.4NZD) for a CR2032 sounds too good to be true to me.

Wolfshark

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I found some 10 Energizer ones on ebay for around 3.91 on average. They got Sony and Panasonic ones too. But I agree with Kit, even if they are cheap it's best to go for premium brands- especially for sensitive or expensive electronics that god forbid get a leakage.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I normally pay approx $5-7NZD tax included for an Energizer CR2032, not sure what US battery economics are like but $1USD (about $1.4NZD) for a CR2032 sounds too good to be true to me.
CR2032s are cheap and plentiful in the US. Even if you need more specialized ones with solder tabs, etc. they aren't pricey at all.

AKluthe

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I found some 10 Energizer ones on ebay for around 3.91 on average. They got Sony and Panasonic ones too. But I agree with Kit, even if they are cheap it's best to go for premium brands- especially for sensitive or expensive electronics that god forbid get a leakage.
I'm wary of most eBay deals on batteries. If they're cheap, even if they're "name brand", there's no guarantee they're fresh or even genuine. Same goes for Amazon, unfortunately -- except there all the reviews get mushed into one page so you have no idea which vendor to avoid when someone starts complaining about the garbage batteries they received.

CR2032s are cheap and plentiful in the US. Even if you need more specialized ones with solder tabs, etc. they aren't pricey at all.
Weird how the tables have turned, right? They used to be kind of obscure and expensive (at least back when my VMU was sucking them down!) Now it's harder to find good LR44s. CR2032s will run you maybe $3-4 for a two pack at most big box stores, $8-ish for for a 4 pack. You can technically get them cheaper online...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird how the tables have turned, right? They used to be kind of obscure and expensive (at least back when my VMU was sucking them down!) Now it's harder to find good LR44s. CR2032s will run you maybe $3-4 for a two pack at most big box stores, $8-ish for for a 4 pack. You can technically get them cheaper online...
Electronic supply stores online sell them quite cheaply, as do places that sell repair kits for old game equipment.

I remember one game place has them for 40 cents, and they got cheaper if you buy more. Shipping means buying one isn't worth it, but a pack of 10 from them ends up being 7 or 8 after shipping, so if you need a stack, or other parts, it's a good deal.

The main issue is, when you need a CR2032 or LR44, you generally aren't in the mood to wait for them, so you just run and grab them.

Xan

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nippon Yasan shipped my today =)

Noticed people on twitter storing theirs in earphone cases so I measured my V20th (I think the V20th and pen20th are round about the same size) The V20th is 5.8cm x 4.1cm so if you have 2 try to get a case that's at least 6cm x 9cm

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got mine today! Preordered from nintjp on eBay, who apparently shipped them out the same day they received them.

I normally keep a few CR2032 and LR44 batteries in stock, because I'm not going to want to wait for them when a V-Pet goes flat.

Various Digimon electronics in the past have come with suspect batteries included, so it wouldn't be a huge surprise. My original European Digivice that I got when I was a kid, the included batteries only lasted 2 weeks (and there's no non-volatile storage in that one, so I was unhappy)!

banana8

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still waiting for DeJapan to send my V-pet...

DarkTamer Steph

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nippon Yasan shipped my today =)

Noticed people on twitter storing theirs in earphone cases so I measured my V20th (I think the V20th and pen20th are round about the same size) The V20th is 5.8cm x 4.1cm so if you have 2 try to get a case that's at least 6cm x 9cm
The Pendulum is about half a cm longer than the V-Pet, but they're the same height.

Anyone figured out how to get rid of the Copymon?? He's cute but I'm done with him cluttering up my screen lol

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still waiting for DeJapan to send my V-pet...
Same here...
Want to experiment on jogress and copymon. I’m extremely curious to see how they’ve handled the virus megas in the 3.X and 5.X eggs

Moonberry2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just got both of mine today! Any of you that bought two having issues with one being much louder than the other?

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And mine is here! The nerdiest digimon thing I'll ever own! <3

Time to horribly flounder as I have no idea what I'm doing!

Edit: Oh no, I turned the sound off somehow! Help, please!

Edit 2: Oh okay, figured it out. A + C with nothing selected is the toggle.

Last edited:

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Guides when?

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Right? I've just been sitting here with Mochimon for a long while. It hasn't pooped once, which is weird because it pooped like 3 or 4 times as Bubbmon. Little worried I'm not doing something right, lol.

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Right? I've just been sitting here with Mochimon for a long while. It hasn't pooped once, which is weird because it pooped like 3 or 4 times as Bubbmon. Little worried I'm not doing something right, lol.
Needs more fruit and veg in it's diet