20th Anniversary for Runaway Digimon Express

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
runawaydigimon_march2_2020.jpg

It's March 2nd in Japan, so it's the 20th anniversary of Digimon Tamers: Runaway Digimon Express, which came out in 2002.

Various bits below have been used in the past.

Not quite as much a goodbye for the Tamers crew as Diablomon was for the Adventure and 02 teams. And often treated more as a 'welcome back' after the goodbyes in the finale... The movie told a little bit of a different story that is still generally well regarded and is able to detail a few things that didn't show up in the television series.

The dub cast also returned when this ended up coming out in 2005 in the west, although it ended up being scheduled and aired 'before' the first Tamers movie on Toon Disney.

While it aired before Tamers ended (and various characters also appeared in Hunters), it's generally treated as the 'last' Tamers animation we've gotten thus far.

Runaway Digimon Express worked as a relatively nice goodbye to Tamers when originally released.

To celebrate the 20th...

runaway20thsocial_march1_2022.jpg

Digimon Web put up some new social art featuring a few characters from the film! The attached message:
20 years ago, March 2, 2022, was the release date of Digimon Tamers: Runaway Digimon Express in theaters🚆

To celebrate 20 years, here comes GrandLocomon & Parasimon!🎉
It's not runaway...😳

After the release of the movie as part of a larger Digimon movie Blu-ray Box, the movie was released in a duo with the other film from Tamers! Those are still available: (affiliate links)
Digimon the Movies Blu-ray Box
Digimon Tamers, Movies 5 and 5 Blu-ray

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 9,607

Thatguy3331

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow that movie aired before the finale? huh, didn't know that... man I really need to look at the dates for when these things came out.

Look at how happy that eye looks... as Dukemon comes to gouge it out.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I loved GranLocomon's design and it's kinda uncomfortable to see Parasimon and GranLocomon being happy in chibi art.

Cardcaptor Takato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is still one of my favorite Digimon movies. I love the focus on Rika and her family but in spite of it only being 30 minutes, everyone gets some time to shine and it's a nice chance to revisit the characters after the emotional finale. I also feel like it has some of the best animation of the original movies. I also love Rika's song both in the sub and dub versions. But it's still always weird to hear Frontier dub music in a Tamers movie but I know the reasons why they did that.

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is still one of my favorite Digimon movies. I love the focus on Rika and her family but in spite of it only being 30 minutes, everyone gets some time to shine and it's a nice chance to revisit the characters after the emotional finale. I also feel like it has some of the best animation of the original movies. I also love Rika's song both in the sub and dub versions. But it's still always weird to hear Frontier dub music in a Tamers movie but I know the reasons why they did that.

I don't. Could you, please, tell me why? I know of the gap between the series and the movies in the US.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I don't. Could you, please, tell me why? I know of the gap between the series and the movies in the US.

Disney couldnt use Saban's music I think so used the music they made for frontier

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's a nice movie. We get to see them again and more about Ruki. That's great. Interesting villain though.

Cardcaptor Takato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As mentioned above, movies four through seven were dubbed when Disney bought the rights to Digimon and didn't have the rights to the Saban soundtrack.